Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Two 2nd rounders... What do we do.

Hal2856

If the Skins think they have a good chance at Davin Joesph for RG and Harris (or Brown) for RT, OL may be a lower priority.

If that happens this is what I hope to see...

41: Paea, NT

49: Marvin Austin, DE

5th: Greg McElroy, QB

5th: Jake Kirpatrick, C

6th: Chris Neild, NT

7th: Steven Friday, OLB

7th: Da'Rel Scott, RB

Why So many DL? We dont need to draft FOUR DL (if you count kerrigan as one) What about WR? And you forgot a pick, so how about:

49: Colin Kaepernick, QB

5th: Casey Matthews, LB

5th: Jake Kirkpatrick, C

6th: Tori Gurley, WR

7th: Jeff Maehl, WR

7th: Brandon Bair DT/DE

Have to say that I'm liking the comments from Paea's admirers. (Which probably means somebody else will draft him.)

Personally, I got a feeling he a'int gonna be around at the 41st pick. If so, I hope we get him though...a squaty 300 pounder is just what the doctor ordered on the D-Line. If available, I think Da'Quan Bowers would be a good option too. If we can somehow get him, we'd have 4 QB headhunters on the D (Orakapo, Kerrigan, Landry, Bowers). That right there would strike FEAR to every team that comes across our path. However, I have a hunch that the Pats are gonna take Bowers with the first pick of the 2nd round.

Why So many DL? We dont need to draft FOUR DL (if you count kerrigan as one) What about WR? And you forgot a pick, so how about:

49: Colin Kaepernick, QB

5th: Casey Matthews, LB

5th: Jake Kirkpatrick, C

6th: Tori Gurley, WR

7th: Jeff Maehl, WR

7th: Brandon Bair DT/DE

Just wondering but why does everyone want to take a QB in the second round. Do you really see Colin Kaepernick as the franchise QB? I mean seriously? It's a wasted pick!

And if you watched us get run on last year you might understand why some people want a bunch of Dline

NO! My name is Ryan too and as much as I like that... PLEASE dont draft a RB in the second round that is a waste. We got good stuff out of Torain out of nowhere, shanahan always finds guys in 6th, 7th, UDFA to produce at RB. DO NOT Waste a pick on a RB we cant afford it, Torain is going to be the guy.

People are sleeping on Ryan Williams waaaay too much. This kid is a monster. Not to mention he is the one-cut type that Shanny loves. He fits his scheme. And yes Torain could be the guy but who do we have behind him?

I think if Williams the CB from Texas or FS Rahim Moore falls to #41, we would to consider one of them; to much value there. especially if Williams falls.

Brooks Reed is also someone to keep an eye on; although I think that will be New England's pick tonight to start the 2nd round.

As far as DT goes, I think Austin is the better player than Paea. Either might be decent for us. Allen Bailey DE Miami could be another target as well. Could you image have Kerrigan and Bailey on the same side?

If are considering a LB in this round, Bruce Carter might be a good fit for us.

O-line for consideration for this round should include, C - Stefen Wisniewski, G -Rodney Hudson, G/T - Ben Ijalana

Michael Shanny will not draft Ryan Mallet! So, put that in your pipe and smoke it! He is a non-athletic QB with off field questions. If we passed on Gabbert, Mallet is the poor man's version. We have other plans at QB than Mullet.

People are sleeping on Ryan Williams waaaay too much. This kid is a monster. Not to mention he is the one-cut type that Shanny loves. He fits his scheme. And yes Torain could be the guy but who do we have behind him?

I agree I think Ryan could be Portis when he played in Denver.

This is exactly what people said about James Davis. How about we give that guy a shot first before we waste a pick on a RB. Keep the focus on D-Line, O-Line, and LB. Let's see how JD does in the pre-season / season, and if it doesn't pan out, worry about a RB next year. We have Torrain, Williams, and Davis, we don't need another RB at this moment.

Paea and Austin would give us a ridiculous front 7....

I'd love that but can Austin play the 3-4?

---------- Post added April-29th-2011 at 10:26 AM ----------

Michael Shanny will not draft Ryan Mallet! So, put that in your pipe and smoke it! He is a non-athletic QB with off field questions. If we passed on Gabbert, Mallet is the poor man's version. We have other plans at QB than Mullet.

Agree that they probably don't go for Mallet but disagree that he's the poor man's Gabbert, they are totally different type of QB's IMO.

I hope we grab 2 of these guys

Ryan Williams

Marvin Austin

Aaron Williams

Stephen Paea

Martez Wilson

Akeem Ayers

Rodney Hudson

Greg Little

Leonard Hankerson

Allen Bailey

Ryan Williams @ 41 and Paea @ 49 would be my main targets. I also wouldn't mid getting a late 2nd and 3rd for that 49th pick

I hope we grab 2 of these guys

Ryan Williams

Marvin Austin

Aaron Williams

Stephen Paea

Martez Wilson

Akeem Ayers

Rodney Hudson

Greg Little

Leonard Hankerson

Allen Bailey

Ryan Williams @ 41 and Paea @ 49 would be my main targets. I also wouldn't mid getting a late 2nd and 3rd for that 49th pick

After taking Kerrigan why would we need Ayers too?

I'd love that but can Austin play the 3-4?

---------- Post added April-29th-2011 at 10:26 AM ----------

Agree that they probably don't go for Mallet but disagree that he's the poor man's Gabbert, they are totally different type of QB's IMO.

I think the two QB's that Shanny and son will be looking at is Kaepernick and Dalton. I heard Mayock say that Dalton is like Brian Griese but with all the leadership skill you look for in a QB. I think Kaepernick because of his athletic ability.

Archived