Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Two 2nd rounders... What do we do.

Hal2856

Hall........Kerrigan, Carriker, Paea, Austin Orakpo.........?Barnes?

...................................Fletcher...Riley...............

.........................Landry...........................Otagwe...........

STRAIGHT NASTY!!!

And we'd have depth!!

That looks good but I don't totally trust barnes yet. We need a FA CB. We've never had good young Dline with the talent Paea and Austin have.

I like to take the BPA. Williams will be that if he's at 41. I would love to get Austin and Paea or One of those guys and Rodney Hudson. I'm just saying I think Williams would be special. He is the back we need imo. If he's there I'm taking him

I won't even address that James Davis comparison :doh:

Why? JD is the #2 all time back at Clemson. That's pretty good. Also, had he come out his Junior year, he would have been a 2nd or 3rd round pick...Clemson fell apart his senior year, and sharing time with CJ Spiller hurt his status. He's a really good back, and has potential to shine with Mike Shanahan.

There aren't many highlights of JD, but here is one to show his potential:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCo_oAglu48

Why draft Austin? ... Houston is another motor DE, who played in a one-gap 3-4 at UGA, He can stand up, cover and would solidify DE/LB needs with Kerrigan

Why draft a 6-3, 300lb, top 15 talent to play 3-4DE? Haslett like 300lb DE and he has a lot of talent and is looking to prove himself. I don't think the character concerns are as big as they are being made out to.

Houston is 6-3, 240 and would be a 3-4OLB. That isn't a need now that Kerrigan has been drafted.

Why? JD is the #2 all time back at Clemson. That's pretty good. Also, had he come out his Junior year, he would have been a 2nd or 3rd round pick...Clemson fell apart his senior year, and sharing time with CJ Spiller hurt his status. He's a really good back, and has potential to shine with Mike Shanahan.

There aren't many highlights of JD, but here is one to show his potential:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCo_oAglu48

Ryan Williams attributes are perfect. Good speed, great cutting ability, runs really low, tough. I think he's a 1st rounder. I never though about James Davis like that. He was thunder but CJ was always Lighting

Why draft Austin? ... Houston is another motor DE, who played in a one-gap 3-4 at UGA, He can stand up, cover and would solidify DE/LB needs with Kerrigan

Austin would play NT for us. If my memory serves me right, he was compared to Dallas's Jay Ratliff.

As far as NT tackle goes, there are 2 kinds. An immovable stump that holds the center and consumes blockers OR a high motor power house that demands a double team.

With regard to your question, I don't think we draft Houston because:

A) We just got Kerrigan (why draft 2 guys for the same position because I don't think Houston would fit as a 3-4 DE).

B) He tested positive for drugs at the combine.

C) In my opinion, we have more pressing needs on the interior of both of our lines.

Torrain can't stay healthy thats why we need a RB.

Of course we need an RB, but with all the holes we have we sure as hell don't need to be drafting one in the top 50. With all of the great RB's that have come out of the late rounds and undrafted in the last few years (and shanny's career) this would be one of the most boneheaded picks we could make. And I'm a hokies fan.

This is exactly what people said about James Davis. How about we give that guy a shot first before we waste a pick on a RB. Keep the focus on D-Line, O-Line, and LB. Let's see how JD does in the pre-season / season, and if it doesn't pan out, worry about a RB next year. We have Torrain, Williams, and Davis, we don't need another RB at this moment.

nothing wrong with competition

Local papers out here say that Oakland covets QB Colin Kaepernick.

I expect the Skins to trade pick #41 to the Raiders (provided Kaepernick is still on the board) to the Raiders for their second rounder (pick #49) and their 4th Rounder (pick #113).

Skins & Raiders have a history of making trades during the draft.

Picks #48 and #49 then would be Akeem Ayers, OLB, UCLA and Ben Ijalana, OT, Villanova.

although...I wouldn't be terribly disappointed if they took Mallet at either of the 2nd round picks..even if it was at #41.

Ryan Williams attributes are perfect. Good speed, great cutting ability, runs really low, tough. I think he's a 1st rounder. I never though about James Davis like that. He was thunder but CJ was always Lighting

If the Redskins did not have so many needs, especially on the O / D Lines, I'd agree with you. My point is, the team has 3 serviceable backs on the roster right now, and I'd rather use the 2nd round picks on a NT and a Center.

I expect the Skins to trade pick #41 to the Raiders (provided Kaepernick is still on the board) to the Raiders for their second rounder (pick #49) and their 4th Rounder (pick #113).

Tehn they could go 48- Wiesnieski, 49- Hudson and let the best man take C :)

Skins & Raiders have a history of making trades during the draft.

Hope this is true but idk if i see anyone jumping on him before the Raiders do. But i would love to do this trade.

And if we did i would be fine with going G then C or whatever. Just feel at 41 we should grab a playmaker before they are gone. JMO

Yes we do need a running back 1st off. 2nd I wouldn't take 1 unless I loved him. Ryan Williams is a top 25 prospect imo. Under Mike he will be a pro bowl staple under Shanahan. That's why I want him.

Torain was really good at times last year, and if he stays healthy we wouldnt need a RB at all. If you think he cant stay healthy and we need a RB, thats fine. But, IMO and probably the opinion of lots of people and those who build franchises, RB is probably the LEAST important position on the entire team. except for maybe TE, but you can still make arguments, having a decent RB that just does his job (keiland?) will be good enough if the rest of your team is solid. Dont take a RB in the draft if your looking for starters when you have holes at moroe important positions

Archived