Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Two 2nd rounders... What do we do.

Hal2856

I do agree with you here. This would be the smart plan honestly.

It would just be really nice to get a fresh impact player on offense somewhere as well. I am all aboard the Ryan Williams bandwagon (Hokie homer here) it isn't likely tho.

I think we draft a RB, just with our later picks. If snag Kirkpatrick with one our 5th round picks, I could see us getting a RB with the second 5th. The way RBs are falling, we might have a shot at a good one. I'd love it if Todman from UConn slipped, but I think that is unrealistic. I think Dion Lewis would be a nice pick up if we had a chance.

I don't know. McNabb was worse than Grossman last season and we have a spectacularly weak schedule this season. I think we're 8-8 at a minimum.

The relative weakness of the schedule doesn't mean anything because we were a bad football team. Those teams are probably looking at us on the schedule and marking a win.

Did you read my umpteen other post on it? The guy has huge upside, he's on the roster, and he didn't cost us a thing. He is a Shanny type of RB, fits well with the system, and turned down a shot for immediate playing time with the Panthers to remain on the Practice Squad with the Skins. Obviously Shanahan sees something in the kid. To say he's "terrible" is just wrong, because he barely got a shot to prove himself yet. Lets see what he can do with a better O-Line in place before he's completely dismissed. I really hope you eat crow by the end of the season. If he doesn't live up to his potential, I'll gladly eat crow, and admit I'm wrong (I really don't think I am though).

Hey man i def will. When we picked him up last year i was more excited than anyone. I told all my friends look out for this guy. And when he did get his chance he didn't impress me. I know he didn't get a ton of carries or whatever but to me it just seemed like he didn't have it. He didn't look fast and he didn't look like he had any power. But trust me i hope he does pan out for us. I just dont want to be stuck in the same position we were last year.

Hey man i def will. When we picked him up last year i was more excited than anyone. I told all my friends look out for this guy. And when he did get his chance he didn't impress me. I know he didn't get a ton of carries or whatever but to me it just seemed like he didn't have it. He didn't look fast and he didn't look like he had any power. But trust me i hope he does pan out for us. I just dont want to be stuck in the same position we were last year.

I got you. I certainly don't either, but I think Torrain/Williams/Davis will be good enough. Maybe it's because I'm not expecting jack squat from this team anymore. After 20 years of being bad to mediocre, with an occasional above average season, I simply no longer have any expectations for this team. With that in mind, I just really want to see the "trenches" addressed this draft and for the team to re-build. So for these 2nd round picks, I'm really, really hoping the teams goes after the following: DT, NT, OG, OT, or MLB. It's not that I don't want a skill player, but I just think "the trenches" should be the focus is all.

If we really do like Ryan Williams we have to take him at 41. The guys ahead of us IMO do not need a RB - so hopefully we snag him there if we really do like him. Seeing as how Shanny has been up front with what he wants and likes is pretty interesting. I think TK read the tea leaves and said Shanny is in love with Williams. And for me - I'd take his opinion over anyone on this board

I honestly do not think Kaepernick (actually pronounced CAP-per -nick) will last into the 5th round. With all the rush to get a QB, I am worried Cincinnati, Arizona, or even Buffalo will pick him over Ryan Mallet and Andy Dalton. Something tells me we would have to trade with New England to be the first pick in the 2nd round to get Kaepernick. Maybe we can switch 5th round picks like we did with St. Louis last year to get that 33rd pick. His name may not be memorable but with Shanahan training him, he could very well be the sleeper pick that turns into a franchise QB.

I honestly do not think Kaepernick (actually pronounced CAP-per -nick) will last into the 5th round. With all the rush to get a QB, I am worried Cincinnati, Arizona, or even Buffalo will pick him over Ryan Mallet and Andy Dalton. Something tells me we would have to trade with New England to be the first pick in the 2nd round to get Kaepernick. Maybe we can switch 5th round picks like we did with St. Louis last year to get that 33rd pick. His name may not be memorable but with Shanahan training him, he could very well be the sleeper pick that turns into a franchise QB.

Cinci will trade up and get Dalton to kick things off today. Jay Gruden loves Dalton and, if Palmer stays retired, they have no other options. Kap... I think he lasts to the late second round at the latest.

Little, Mallet, R. Williams... any one of these three and I'm stoked.

Was watching NFLN this morning and apparently its set in stone that we're moving our first second rounder. Don't take that to the grave, I may have heard wrong, I may still be in shock we actually traded down and accumulated another 2nd round pick after the recent years of us giving away picks like candy.

But yeah :logo:

I don't see Dalton and Mallet making it past the Bills, Bengals, and Browns to land in our lap. If by a miracle they do, we need to take a chance with one of them in my opinion.

If we miss out on on QBs, there are a lot of good players still available. We are in a good position to fill some of our holes.

Aaron WIlliams - CB, Brandon Harris - CB, Dowling - CB, The Wisniewski - C, "Rock" Hudson - C, Martez Wilson - ILB, Greg Little - WR, Torrey Smith - WR, Hankerson - WR, etc.

I predict if the QBs are gone, we go BPA and pick up one of the CBs or WRs. Both of those positions would fill a need.

I was honestly thinking Shanahan was interested in a QB, but after him passing on the one he had on the top of his board in Gabbert last night, I'm not to sure anymore. At any rate, if Dalton is somehow there at 41 the Skins should snatch him, IMO.

<<----my video blog thoughts

Hey skinofwar jw where did u get such a great video of the intro video for 2010 for your video ? All I found on youtube where ones that ppl shot in the crowd really bad quality of course

If you have link think you could post it ? Thanks

I don't see Dalton and Mallet making it past the Bills, Bengals, and Browns to land in our lap. If by a miracle they do, we need to take a chance with one of them in my opinion.

If we miss out on on QBs, there are a lot of good players still available. We are in a good position to fill some of our holes.

Aaron WIlliams - CB, Brandon Harris - CB, Dowling - CB, The Wisniewski - C, "Rock" Hudson - C, Martez Wilson - ILB, Greg Little - WR, Torrey Smith - WR, Hankerson - WR, etc.

I predict if the QBs are gone, we go BPA and pick up one of the CBs or WRs. Both of those positions would fill a need.

bengals are taking a QB.

browns 100% will not, and from what i heard yesterday at the draft the bills loooove fitzpatrick and have so many holes theyll use that 2nd rounder to fill another need, probably on the Oline or at WR.

Was watching NFLN this morning and apparently its set in stone that we're moving our first second rounder. Don't take that to the grave, I may have heard wrong, I may still be in shock we actually traded down and accumulated another 2nd round pick after the recent years of us giving away picks like candy.

But yeah :logo:

are the skins moving down

I was honestly thinking Shanahan was interested in a QB, but after him passing on the one he had on the top of his board in Gabbert last night, I'm not to sure anymore. At any rate, if Dalton is somehow there at 41 the Skins should snatch him, IMO.

<<----my video blog thoughts

Gabbert was probably just a smoke screen. Target was always Locker. Titans knew that,and thus, they took him before us. Once Locker was gone, trading down was the logical step.

Even though I have been wanting to draft a QB for 4 years, I'll be surprise if we don't draft one today, but I wouldn't waste a pick here because most 2nders are bust.

i think if dalton falls to us at 41 we take him. if not go r.williams or WR

this team is in major need of some playmakers. i think the two picks 2nd round

can provide them.

im not confident in torain or davis and our WR corps might be the leagues worst

we could also trade back and gain more picks

I sure hope that brass isn't thinking the way some of you are (they surely are not!). But if we go RB or QB here I will be unbelievably disappointed. We do not need to draft a QB just because we need one. We need a LOT of positions. Drafting a QB just for the sake of it is a bad decision, and if that was the play we would have drafted Gabbert. Fill out the other needs for now and hope next year we fall in love with one of the QBs coming out.

Running backs are a dime a dozen in the NFL. We can make do with what we have for now. The second round isn't the time to take a RB.

I'd rather beef up the D, and maybe pick up on of the WRs with the second round pick and run Grossman and Torrain/Williams/Davis out there next year. Probably be somewhere around 7-9, 8-8. Then next year pick up a QB in a QB heavy draft class.

BRING ME PAEA/AUSTIN and either WR or FS (I'm pretty sure this is still one of our most glaring needs!!!!)

I sure hope that brass isn't thinking the way some of you are (they surely are not!). But if we go RB or QB here I will be unbelievably disappointed. We do not need to draft a QB just because we need one. We need a LOT of positions. Drafting a QB just for the sake of it is a bad decision, and if that was the play we would have drafted Gabbert. Fill out the other needs for now and hope next year we fall in love with one of the QBs coming out.

Running backs are a dime a dozen in the NFL. We can make do with what we have for now. The second round isn't the time to take a RB.

I'd rather beef up the D, and maybe pick up on of the WRs with the second round pick and run Grossman and Torrain/Williams/Davis out there next year. Probably be somewhere around 7-9, 8-8. Then next year pick up a QB in a QB heavy draft class.

BRING ME PAEA/AUSTIN and either WR or FS (I'm pretty sure this is still one of our most glaring needs!!!!)

I like your train of thought, but...FS is not a need. Before the lockout we got this guy from the Rams:

http://redskinshogheaven.com/2011-articles/march/redskins-sign-ex-rams-free-safety-oj-atogwe.html

The talk on NFL Network today is that three QB's go in the 30's. Meaning there will not be value at that position at #41.

Bruce and Shanny should stick to the "Big Board" and take the best available.

There is a huge dropoff of talent at CB beyond the three in the first round. Williams could be better suited to play safety which is not a need for the team, Dowling is injury prone, and Harris has been dropping for a reason.

We really could use D-Line, O-Line, and WR, all could be very good value in this years draft. Trading down is another possiblity.

The only thing I know is it will be interesting! HTTR!!!!

Archived