Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Two 2nd rounders... What do we do.

Hal2856

I like your train of thought, but...FS is not a need. Before the lockout we got this guy from the Rams:

http://redskinshogheaven.com/2011-articles/march/redskins-sign-ex-rams-free-safety-oj-atogwe.html

Oh yeh totally forgot about Atogwe, he is legit. In that case I would say the needs we can fill in the second round are NT and DE/WR/OL or CB if we decide to let Carlos go. ILB might actually be worth a look because London can't play forever (or can he?).

Theres a lot of people left

Ryan Williams

Bowers, Marvin Austin, Stephen Paea, Matthews, Carter, Sturdivant etc..

I wouldnt be mad if we went all Defense, DL and ILB call me crazy

There are going to be nice available OL as well. I guess will see. Nice to have two extra picks:)

bengals are taking a QB.

browns 100% will not, and from what i heard yesterday at the draft the bills loooove fitzpatrick and have so many holes theyll use that 2nd rounder to fill another need, probably on the Oline or at WR.

Guess will see soon if all the buzz that the Bengals love Dalton is true. One of the tweets I read was from someone quoting a scout saying Mallet might drop to the third round

---------- Post added April-29th-2011 at 02:10 PM ----------

I think we trade one of the picks for a 3rd and 4th to someone who wants to move up..

I'd hope if you trade down its for a lower 2nd rounder and a third or 4th.

---------- Post added April-29th-2011 at 02:11 PM ----------

Theres a lot of people left

Ryan Williams

Bowers, Marvin Austin, Stephen Paea, Matthews, Carter, Sturdivant etc..

I wouldnt be mad if we went all Defense, DL and ILB call me crazy

There are going to be nice available OL as well. I guess will see. Nice to have two extra picks:)

Ryan Williams made both the Kiper and McShay 2nd round draft to the Skins posted today and to boot I recall some of the board insiders saying the skins will target him.

If Dalton is available, take him first and then any of the following second. If he's not available take two of the following.

Paea, LeShoure, Williams, Hankerson

If you can trade back in the 2nd to pick up a third but have to go Williams instead of LeShoure, do it, and take Matthews in the 3rd if possible.

Out of curiosity, Why are people pushing for draft a RB in the second round? Look at our coaching staff and their track record for RB's, where they were drafted, and the production they got out of them. O-Line and Front 7 on defense in the 2nd and 3rd round. I think we end up with three picks this evening. 2 go to the D front 7, one to the O-Line. 5th round we get a WR and RB.

End of the weekend we have 3 new front 7 players on D, a new O-lineman, a new WR, a new RB, another FB/TE, a CB, and a S. (last 3 are special team players and depth spots)

We need OL help badly. If you can't run the ball and pass protect then it doesn't matter who you have at QB or WR.

MC

Agree as well man. Our OL stinks, and my opinion our D as well (our DL and LB stink) nice to have Orakpo and Kerrigan but we need some more bodies there as well.

Its really tough, we have so many positions to fill. I do however feel like D wins championships HAHA. Whoever is the best player OL, DL ILB take him.

It would however be nice to have a couple weapons. too much

Out of curiosity, Why are people pushing for draft a RB in the second round?

It's not just any RB people are pushing for, it's Ryan Williams. He's a guy the Skins are rumored to be considering, is a perfect schematic fit for Shanahan's run game, and is a local product so there's a lot for people to like. That's really all it boils down to.

Chris Russell just reported that the skins are trying to trade down from 41 in the 2nd round to recoup a third or 4th rounder

Hopefully they can pull something off here. The first 8 picks will be nerve racking as I suspect we will see some of the big names start to get plucked. We need that one guy for some team to remain on the board come #41.

everyone seems to want a NT. why? i know the NT is very important in this defense and that guys that big are hard to find. however, we have more important needs, and isnt this a relatively weak NT class.

anthony bryant played very well last year when he was given the chance. he might not continue it next year, but there is a chance that he does. why not at least attempt to develop one of our players. we have a good option at NT, however, we dont really have anything comparbly promising at wide reciever (possibly austin or mk), oline, or qb. so why not draft one of those positions.

in conclusion, we basically know that we are gonna suck at qb, wr, and oline (specifically center and guard). we might suck at NT, but we might not, so imo, qb wr and oline are bigger needs.

everyone seems to want a NT. why? i know the NT is very important in this defense and that guys that big are hard to find. however, we have more important needs, and isnt this a relatively weak NT class.

anthony bryant played very well last year when he was given the chance. he might not continue it next year, but there is a chance that he does. why not at least attempt to develop one of our players. we have a good option at NT, however, we dont really have anything comparbly promising at wide reciever (possibly austin or mk), oline, or qb. so why not draft one of those positions.

in conclusion, we basically know that we are gonna suck at qb, wr, and oline (specifically center and guard). we might suck at NT, but we might not, so imo, qb wr and oline are bigger needs.

Some would argue that NT is the most important component of a 34 defense. Considering we don't really have one, I'd say it's a pretty important role to fill. Having said that, if we got 2 O-Linemen, or any of the following positions, I'd be happy: OG, OT, C, MLB, DT, WR, CB.

I think the Redskins suck at NT and will continue to suck at NT if they don't address the need.

3-4 NTs are rare. And with more teams moving to the 3-4, they are becoming harder and harder to find. If there is a good one there, I think you have to take him. But, I don't know if there is a great fit at NT available right now. For instance, I don't see Paea as a 3-4 NT.

I think WR is a position that could use help. OL certainly.

But, QB & RB are two spots that I hope they leave alone today. I'm not sold on the QBs and Shanny can grab a RB tomorrow and be good to go given his track record.

The same theory you apply to NT can be said for QB, WR, and Oline.

We need to take BPA.....there is an 87% chance whoever we pick fills a need.

Archived