Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Two 2nd rounders... What do we do.

Hal2856

Would love to come away with Austin and Paea with the 2nd rounders although I think we end up with

Dalton/Kaep and Williams

I'd be drooling for Austin and Paea!!

Paea and Williams\Guard would be fine too.

But I feel like we have to get a powerful fatty for our front 3.

Why So many DL? We dont need to draft FOUR DL (if you count kerrigan as one) What about WR? And you forgot a pick, so how about:

41: Paea, NT

49: Colin Kaepernick, QB

5th: Casey Matthews, LB

5th: Jake Kirkpatrick, C

6th: Tori Gurley, WR

7th: Jeff Maehl, WR

7th: Da'Rel Scott, RB

7th: Brandon Bair DT/DE

We were 31st in defensive yards given up last year. We have Dainels (38), Holliday (35), Kemo (32) who all could be replaced, so I don't see 4 guys as being a bad thing. And I didn't forget the last pick, I was just undecided and left it blank...guess I should have said it. If they resign Moss and get Harris/Joesph I think the O will be fine and McElroy can be a groomed guy. I like Kaepernick, but don't think he'd help as much as the other guys. Paea and Austin were both considered 1st round talents and honestly, I'd be shocked if they are there at 41 and 49.

I'm beginning to think all of the folks saying R. Williams are VT homers. All of y'all are from VA. Guys, We don't need a RB right now. OL and DL needs to be the focus.

Yes we do need a running back 1st off. 2nd I wouldn't take 1 unless I loved him. Ryan Williams is a top 25 prospect imo. Under Mike he will be a pro bowl staple under Shanahan. That's why I want him.

I'm beginning to think all of the folks saying R. Williams are VT homers. All of y'all are from VA. Guys, We don't need a RB right now. OL and DL needs to be the focus.

If we get to 41 and Paea, Austin, Dalton and Kaepernick are taken I'd go with OL at 41 and consider Williams at 49. It's not the biggest need, but it would be a good value pick at that point. I'd understand wanting to trade back as well.

Yes we do need a running back 1st off. 2nd I wouldn't take 1 unless I loved him. Ryan Williams is a top 25 prospect imo. Under Mike he will be a pro bowl staple under Shanahan. That's why I want him.

I totally disagree. OL and DL are higher priority. Plus everything y'all are saying about Williams was said about James Davis. I say we see what he can do, and if it doesn't work, see what we can do about RBs next year. This off-season should be all about "the trenches".

Torrain, Williams, Davis. Give these guys a solid full season with Shanny, and lets see how they do. Keep the focus during the draft on OL and DL.

Considering we found these backs on the scrap heap and that Torain averaged 4.5 ypc, we should keep working on building the O-line. Getting a center would be great along with an NT would be perfect although Mallett or Dalton wouldn't be bad either).

I'm sure this has already been stated, but does anyone else feel like we'll be trading with NE for the first pick in the 2nd? This is assuming of course we want a QB this year in the draft, but the way I see it there is 4 teams ahead of us who need a QB:

Bills

49ers

cardinals

bengals

and there are four QBs who are supposedly ranked well:

Stanzi

Dalton

Kaepernick (sp?)

Mallet

Thoughts?

Torrain, Williams, Davis. Give these guys a solid full season with Shanny, and lets see how they do. Keep the focus during the draft on OL and DL.

Torrain can't stay healthy, I don't Davis will be anything more than a 3rd RB who plays teams, and Keiland is a 3rd down back. None of these RB's posses breakaway ability that Williams provides.

I totally disagree. OL and DL are higher priority. Plus everything y'all are saying about Williams was said about James Davis. I say we see what he can do, and if it doesn't work, see what we can do about RBs next year. This off-season should be all about "the trenches".

I like to take the BPA. Williams will be that if he's at 41. I would love to get Austin and Paea or One of those guys and Rodney Hudson. I'm just saying I think Williams would be special. He is the back we need imo. If he's there I'm taking him

I won't even address that James Davis comparison :doh:

Considering we found these backs on the scrap heap and that Torain averaged 4.5 ypc, we should keep working on building the O-line. Getting a center would be great along with an NT would be perfect although Mallett or Dalton wouldn't be bad either).

This. NT, and a Center at 41 or 49. The only thing I'd change up is if Da'Quan is available at 41...If so, I'm sure he'd be more of an asset than a liability on the D-Line. He's better suited for the 43, but he's a QB headhunter, and having him on the field with Rak and Landry could be AMAZING. If not for the guy's knee, he's a top 5 pick.

First of all....GOD please do not let us pick Ryan Mallet. If anyone has heard him speak they would know the guy is an absolute idiot. Idiotic QBs just do not succeed.

On the surface it appears Mallett isn't too bright, but listen to this interview with Gruden. I'm impressed by the way he breaks down the coverage and remembers specific plays from the season. Don't let the country boy persona fool you.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_/id/25963/gruden-qb-camp-ryan-mallett

Hall........Kerrigan, Carriker, Paea, Austin Orakpo.........?Barnes?

...................................Fletcher...Riley...............

.........................Landry...........................Otagwe...........

STRAIGHT NASTY!!!

And we'd have depth!!

I thought Austin would play NT. I think if we went that route we would go after a Aaron Baily from Mia to play end.

I'm sure this has already been stated, but does anyone else feel like we'll be trading with NE for the first pick in the 2nd? This is assuming of course we want a QB this year in the draft, but the way I see it there is 4 teams ahead of us who need a QB:

Bills

49ers

cardinals

bengals

and there are four QBs who are supposedly ranked well:

Stanzi

Dalton

Kaepernick (sp?)

Mallet

Thoughts?

I think I would limit it to the Bills and 49ers - maybe not even the Bills really. I don't like weak or average armed QB's. I know it's not the end-all-be-all, but it is critical I think. I like Kaepernick, but I would prefer Mallet. Walter Football has us taken Kaepernick at 41.

Archived