Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Two 2nd rounders... What do we do.

Hal2856

I've seen Wiseneski in multiple mocks in the third round, if I recall in a Q & A, kiper thought he's be a late 2nd or third rounder. so early 2nd I bet he's there. the knock again him is he gets handled well by the big DT's and is better suited to a zone blocking scheme like ours. Hudson might be the hotter prospect and some consider him now a center. Greg Little is intriguing, maybe Hankerson. If they can trade down in the 2nd and pick up a third or 4th maybe they end up with someone like Salas, too. I recall Chris Russell saying that his sources tell him the skins love him. 2nd round though is probably a little high for him.

Really I saw a few mocks that projected Wiesneski in the late first round. I definitely wouldn't mind if we got him because Rabach needs to be a backup at this point in his career. I like Hudson even though he is a smaller guy Mayock, McShay, and Kiper all say the same thing about how he is a technician on the field. I like Little and Hankerson I don't know if Hankerson is going to be at 41 though. I think we could probably get Little latter in the second. The only thing about Little that scares me is that he didn’t play football last year.

Damn, what is with the double posts?

Anyway, I was a bit surprised at taking Kerrigan in the first round, but after watching his highlight real? I get it. We need somebody to work with Rak.

As far as the trade down? I loved it! Mallet and D-line is key here. But I ask you, do we address the O-line in the later rounds? Is there enough talent there for some quality to drop to the latter rounds?

Damn, what is with the double posts?

Anyway, I was a bit surprised at taking Kerrigan in the first round, but after watching his highlight real? I get it. We need somebody to work with Rak.

As far as the trade down? I loved it! Mallet and D-line is key here. But I ask you, do we address the O-line in the later rounds? Is there enough talent there for some quality to drop to the latter rounds?

We may need to take C/G if we don't have a good NT prospect when we pick.

Don't you think Mallet is a little too risky (head-case wise)?

I'd say if Kaepernick slips to 41 and the Raiders really do love him, it leaked that he's their favorite QB, make another deal like the Jacksonville one obviously not as lucrative but you go down a little in the 2nd and hopefully pick up a third or 4th.

I agree we should pull the trigger with Oakland if they want to trade up and nap Kaepernick at 41.

Really I saw a few mocks that projected Wiesneski in the late first round. I definitely wouldn't mind if we got him because Rabach needs to be a backup at this point in his career. I like Hudson even though he is a smaller guy Mayock, McShay, and Kiper all say the same thing about how he is a technician on the field. I like Little and Hankerson I don't know if Hankerson is going to be at 41 though. I think we could probably get Little latter in the second. The only thing about Little that scares me is that he didn’t play football last year.

I'll check right now, but yeah of the big mocks I don't recall a single mock that put him in the late first. But I'll double check. I recall the hit on him is that the bigger powerful DTs have their way with him too much.

---------- Post added April-29th-2011 at 08:30 AM ----------

Wieneski in McShay's latest mock has him going in the 4th round.

I'll check right now, but yeah of the big mocks I don't recall a single mock that put him in the late first. But I'll double check. I recall the hit on him is that the bigger powerful DTs have their way with him too much.

---------- Post added April-29th-2011 at 08:30 AM ----------

Wieneski in McShay's latest mock has him going in the 4th round.

Yeah I just went to Drafttek and they have him falling to us at 49. I think it would be a great pick their.

I also think today will be a good indicator as to where we are heading at the start of FA. Of we ignore OL today' date=' I'm anticipating that we are, as rumoured, picking up one (if not two) OL free agents as soon as the gates are opened.[/quote']

Have you heard any names been mentioned? I thought I heard that we were going to try and resign Jamal Brown from Grant Paulson and I saw on here that we might be intrested in Davin Joseph.

This guys sounds like he could help us (if he's still there):

Paea is a powerful run stuffer that plays angry and should contribute immediately at the next level. He is as strong as an ox and consistently knocks lineman back on their heels. He takes on double teams and is near impossible to move out of the hole. He lacks refined pass rushing skills, but has heavy hands and a good burst to eventually become a weapon on third down. He is still learning the finer points of the game, but he has unparalleled toughness and a tireless work ethic

Yeah I'm kinda sold on this guy as well.. Hope we can land him

Have you heard any names been mentioned? I thought I heard that we were going to try and resign Jamal Brown from Grant Paulson and I saw on here that we might intrested in Davin Joseph.

The Tampa guard Davin Joseph has been banded around. He'd be a great fit for this scheme. 27's a tad older than I'd ideally like out of a FA, but for proven quality I'd be down with it.

Hail.

The Tampa guard Davin Joseph has been banded around. He'd be a great fit for this scheme. 27's a tad older than I'd ideally like out of a FA, but for proven quality I'd be down with it.

If I recall he won't be a FA if they go with the 6 year rule, hopefully am wrong on that but I thought I saw a chart of Fa's if they go with the 6 year rule and he didn't make the cut

---------- Post added April-29th-2011 at 08:55 AM ----------

Yeah I just went to Drafttek and they have him falling to us at 49. I think it would be a great pick their.

Other thing we could do also is move Kory to his natural position of center and draft a guard, all the guards are there for the taking aside from Watkins. Am listening to Kiper right now, he thinks R. Williams goes early 2nd, I recall one of our insiders said the Skins are high on him. Kiper has Pae as his 2nd rated player left on his board.

I would work hard to trade down with one, make pick of BPA with the other. We have tons of holes to fill. If we can get a lower 2nd and grab a 3rd, we'll be in good shape. It gives us 4 picks in the first 3 rounds, 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 3rd to go with our 6 low round picks. Getting an extra pick next year in the 2nd-4th range would be gravy.

Have you heard any names been mentioned? I thought I heard that we were going to try and resign Jamal Brown from Grant Paulson and I saw on here that we might be intrested in Davin Joseph.

The other one was Ryan Harris for RT. Apparently he's done in Denver.

If I recall he won't be a FA if they go with the 6 year rule, hopefully am wrong on that but I thought I saw a chart of Fa's if they go with the 6 year rule and he didn't make the cut

Let's hope not as he was drafted in '06. I presumed they'd be using the current FA rules being as there's no new CBA been agreed upon. But I guess we'll get to know more at 8 AM today.

Hail.

Archived