Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Two 2nd rounders... What do we do.

Hal2856

No trades until the 8th circuit court of appeals renders a decision. Could be as early as this upcoming monday.

They are saying trades can come as early as today because the judge has ordered business as usual and the owners would be considered in a collusion suit.

This is a deep dl and de class so I will take Austin out of Carolina, trade back and gain a third round pick, take Bowen if he is still available with the trade back second round pick, and with that third round pick take Mallet. That is my dream scenario.

This is a deep dl and de class so I will take Austin out of Carolina, trade back and gain a third round pick, take Bowen if he is still available with the trade back second round pick, and with that third round pick take Mallet. That is my dream scenario.

Man would I be happy with S. Paea and R. Hudson. Personally I think we can wait for the QB. I like the kid from Nevada who I think can be had later in the draft.

C. Jenkins

S. Paea

A. Carriker

B. Orakpo

L. Fletcher

C. Mathews

R. Kerrigan

Just a quick peak at what the front 7 could potentially look like. Free agents and draft obviously a variable but these guys would be good.

R. Hudson and S. Paea first came to mind. However, I do not want any reaches if possible. Hudson is no reach he is the real deal straight up. I would take him with our pick at 41. Then I am really not sure but if Mallet and Dalton go, which i hope they do before we pick again, i would look down on Kaepernick. I love his skill set and that is our QB to mold.

Do you wanna know what makes me smile the most, having discusions about what to do with multiple picks. Havind flexibilty is the key and man do I feel like a kid again.

R. Hudson and S. Paea first came to mind. However, I do not want any reaches if possible. Hudson is no reach he is the real deal straight up. I would take him with our pick at 41. Then I am really not sure but if Mallet and Dalton go, which i hope they do before we pick again, i would look down on Kaepernick. I love his skill set and that is our QB to mold.

Do you wanna know what makes me smile the most, having discusions about what to do with multiple picks. Havind flexibilty is the key and man do I feel like a kid again.

At 41 I would look at Ryan William, Rodney Hudson, or Greg Little. I would put wiseneski on the list but I have a feeling that he will be off the board by the time we come around. I wouldn't mind Paea at 49 I like his motor but I think we could trade out of the 49th pick and acquire a third round and select Kendrick Ellis or Jerell Powe who I think would fit the bill both have character concerns but they are guys that have a high ceiling.

At 41 I would look at Ryan William, Rodney Hudson, or Greg Little. I would put wiseneski on the list but I have a feeling that he will be off the board by the time we come around. I wouldn't mind Paea at 49 I like his motor but I think we could trade out of the 49th pick and acquire a third round and select Kendrick Ellis or Jerell Powe who I think would fit the bill both have character concerns but they are guys that have a high ceiling.

I agree completely. I think Greg Little is a steal if you can convince yourself he's not a bad guy. I'd add Ras I Dowling to the list as a nice zone corner- good value.

Stephen Paea, Stefen Wisniewski, or Ryan Mallett IMO. I'd be happy with any combination out of the three.

---------- Post added April-29th-2011 at 08:02 AM ----------

Go all Ryan's with the first 3 picks. Kerrigan, Williams, and Mallet.

Just saw this and hell yeah I like the idea.

I'll also post two things I DON'T want.

2) Mallet. Any QB but Mallet. I can't be the only one that thinks this guy is basically Jason Campbell 2.0? Then you throw in even the possibility of character/attitude concerns and its a big no. He has a cannon arm and that's about it. Haven't we learned?

I would prefer going for a NT and or WR/OL but you can not compair Mallet to Cambell. Mallet has a much faster release and is more accurate. He is not as mobile however. Two totally different QB's

I've seen Wiseneski in multiple mocks in the third round, if I recall in a Q & A, kiper thought he's be a late 2nd or third rounder. so early 2nd I bet he's there. the knock again him is he gets handled well by the big DT's and is better suited to a zone blocking scheme like ours. Hudson might be the hotter prospect and some consider him now a center. Greg Little is intriguing, maybe Hankerson. If they can trade down in the 2nd and pick up a third or 4th maybe they end up with someone like Salas, too. I recall Chris Russell saying that his sources tell him the skins love him. 2nd round though is probably a little high for him.

Go all Ryan's with the first 3 picks. Kerrigan, Williams, and Mallet.

NO! My name is Ryan too and as much as I like that... PLEASE dont draft a RB in the second round that is a waste. We got good stuff out of Torain out of nowhere, shanahan always finds guys in 6th, 7th, UDFA to produce at RB. DO NOT Waste a pick on a RB we cant afford it, Torain is going to be the guy.

Archived