Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Two 2nd rounders... What do we do.

Hal2856

Why are people clamoring for Paea? He's strong but only weighs about 300lbs which is more DE size than NT.

"Not big enough to line up on the nose at the next level. Extremely raw as a pass rusher and lacks a repertoire of pass rush moves. A bit stiff in the hips and struggles to break down ball carriers in space. Relatively new to the game of football."

I think I would rather take Marvin Austin (DT) who has 1st round talent at #41, then trade down into later in the 2nd, hopefully pick up a 3rd, and grab Tandon Doss (WR) after. I think Doss would be a steal, has #1 WR size, is a good route runner, and might have the best hands in the draft. Also seems like he shows up when the competition is raised. I think Austin could fit as a good 3-4 DE because he has good lateral agility to move along the line which is key.

I'm doubting Dalton/Kaepernick/Mallet even last to #41 with Mallet possibly being the exception, but I'm not sure we even make that pick. If Dalton slips, sure, but Mallet doesn't fit the system as far as I can tell, and while Kaepernick has the upside, I think we're looking for players that can contribute immediately. It's just not logical to take a project QB and stick him behind our suspect O-line. And I'm a VT fan and a fan of Ryan Williams, but I do think we have more pressing needs. Our rushing attack was never really an issue last season and that's almost always been the case with Shanahan's offense. It's more likely we grab a Day 3 RB prospect if anything.

Why are people clamoring for Paea? He's strong but only weighs about 300lbs which is more DE size than NT.

"Not big enough to line up on the nose at the next level. Extremely raw as a pass rusher and lacks a repertoire of pass rush moves. A bit stiff in the hips and struggles to break down ball carriers in space. Relatively new to the game of football."

I think I would rather take Marvin Austin (DT) who has 1st round talent at #41, then trade down into later in the 2nd, hopefully pick up a 3rd, and grab Tandon Doss (WR) after. I think Doss would be a steal, has #1 WR size, is a good route runner, and might have the best hands in the draft. Also seems like he shows up when the competition is raised. I think Austin could fit as a good 3-4 DE because he has good lateral agility to move along the line which is key.

I'm doubting Dalton/Kaepernick/Mallet even last to #41 with Mallet possibly being the exception, but I'm not sure we even make that pick. If Dalton slips, sure, but Mallet doesn't fit the system as far as I can tell, and while Kaepernick has the upside, I think we're looking for players that can contribute immediately. It's just not logical to take a project QB and stick him behind our suspect O-line. And I'm a VT fan and a fan of Ryan Williams, but I do think we have more pressing needs. Our rushing attack was never really an issue last season and that's almost always been the case with Shanahan's offense. It's more likely we grab a Day 3 RB prospect if anything.

Wisnieski and ryan williams. Time after time, it shows rbs have tremendous

HelPing of teams. When ap came out, he turned the vikings around. When chris johnson

Came out he gave them many tds and a threat all over tje field.

Upgrade center, and than draft a young fast cutting runner like williams

If we dont get him id likr taiwan jones in the later round

As a matter of fact, apart from all the smokescreens, Shanny did exactlly what he said at the very begining: He drefted a pass rusher opposite to Orakpo. So I suppose nexrt move will be to selcte a QB (one among mallet, Dalton or Kaepernick, i go with the last one) and then i woulden't be surprised if he trade down once mpre to add more picks and have back the 3rd ana 4rth we have lost.

HelPing of teams. When ap came out, he turned the vikings around. When chris johnson

As a matter of fact, apart from all the smokescreens, Shanny did exactlly what he said at the very begining: He drefted a pass rusher opposite to Orakpo. So I suppose nexrt move will be to selcte a QB (one among mallet, Dalton or Kaepernick, i go with the last one) and then i woulden't be surprised if he trade down once mpre to add more picks and have back the 3rd ana 4rth we have lost.

Way too early for a RB in my opinion. We should wait til day three to get one where names like Royster, Ridley, Da'Rell Scott, etc. will still be on the board.

I'd actually like to see us trade down with one of our picks, pickup a 3rd and a 4th (or 5th), which would enable us to draft a NT, OG, and a QB all tomorrow, then concentrate on RB and WR on day 3. In fact if that were to happen I'd be ecstatic.

Way too early for a RB in my opinion. We should wait til day three to get one where names like Royster, Ridley, Da'Rell Scott, etc. will still be on the board.

I'd actually like to see us trade down with one of our picks, pickup a 3rd and a 4th (or 5th), which would enable us to draft a NT, OG, and a QB all tomorrow, then concentrate on RB and WR on day 3. In fact if that were to happen I'd be ecstatic.

As a matter of fact, apart from all the smokescreens, Shanny did exactlly what he said at the very begining: He drefted a pass rusher opposite to Orakpo. So I suppose nexrt move will be to selcte a QB (one among mallet, Dalton or Kaepernick, i go with the last one) and then i woulden't be surprised if he trade down once more to add more picks and have back the 3rd ana 4rth we have lost.

If we want a QB, I see us moving up from #41. Shanahan also made comment about moving back to get a 3rd & 4th.

Maybe we do both, trade up slightly from #41 using that extra 2012 4th, as well as moving back from #49 to get those extra picks in the 3rd & 4th. I think thats covered enough options for now :ols:

Do we think Bowers is a 100% no-go on our draft board ? Any insider help here....please :evilg:

No trades until the 8th circuit court of appeals renders a decision. Could be as early as this upcoming monday.

They are saying trades can come as early as today because the judge has ordered business as usual and the owners would be considered in a collusion suit.

Archived