Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Two 2nd rounders... What do we do.

Hal2856

This guys sounds like he could help us (if he's still there):

Paea is a powerful run stuffer that plays angry and should contribute immediately at the next level. He is as strong as an ox and consistently knocks lineman back on their heels. He takes on double teams and is near impossible to move out of the hole. He lacks refined pass rushing skills, but has heavy hands and a good burst to eventually become a weapon on third down. He is still learning the finer points of the game, but he has unparalleled toughness and a tireless work ethic

These are the top 16 guys available IMO:

QB Andy Dalton (TCU)

QB Ryan Mallet (Arkansas)

QB Colin Kaepernick (Nevada)

RB Ryan Williams (VT)

RB Mikel Leshoure (Illinois)

WR Leonard Hankerson (Miami)

WR Torrey Smith (Maryland)

DT Marvin Austin (North Carolina)

DT Stephen Paea (Oregon State)

DE Da’Quan Bowers (Clemson)

OLB Brooks Reed (Arizona)

OLB Akeem Ayers (UCLA)

OLB Justin Houston (Georgia)

CB Aaron Williams (Texas)

CB Ras-I Dowling (VT)

CB Brandon Harris (Miami)

We should be able to walk away with two of these guys. Personally, I'd like to draft Mallett with our next pick (Dalton will be gone) and then Hankerson with our second pick in the 2nd round. Yes, Mallett might be an immature turd, but he's extremely talented and worth the risk with the 9th pick in the 2nd round. Hankerson would be a steal with the 17th pick in the 2nd round, but I suspect there's a very good chance he goes off the board before we can pick.

I'll also post two things I DON'T want.

1) RB - Can't imagine wasting a 2nd on a RB here. How about we get someone to block for them? I'd also be willing to bet any amount of money that we aren't even entertaining the idea of a RB with either of these picks. We have way too many needs. RB really is about at the bottom of the list. OT is more of a need than RB. And then you throw in 1) Shanahan can have success with Torain and/or some other UDFA, 2) RB's are a dime a dozen in the NFL nowadays, and 3) drafting a RB now would be silly considering they have short shelf lives, and obviously we aren't going to be competing for a Superbowl anytime soon, so by the time we ARE competing, the RB we drafted will be on the way out. I see a bunch of VT homers wanting one of their college players on our team. It's cool, see my sig, but come on. I'd rather have a WR over a RB anyway.

2) Mallet. Any QB but Mallet. I can't be the only one that thinks this guy is basically Jason Campbell 2.0? Then you throw in even the possibility of character/attitude concerns and its a big no. He has a cannon arm and that's about it. Haven't we learned?

NT & C/G/DE are the most obvious choices.

Are you Ryan Williams people just being VT homers? I mean I like the guy too but we have so many other needs.

I mean I'm a JMU student and would like him so no

---------- Post added April-29th-2011 at 12:11 AM ----------

Stephen Paea is small. Have any of you wanting him seen him before? Yea he is 300lbs but have you physically seen him?

He's also probably the strongest player in the draft and would be a good 3-4 NT. Not all NT's are huge guys

I would try and trade down again.....but if we don't...

QB - Dalton, Mallet, Kapernick

RB - Ryan Williams, Leshoure

WR - Greg Little, Hankerson, Randall Cobb

OT - Ben Ijalana

C - Stefen Wisniewski, Rodney Hudson

NT - Paea, Marvin Austin

DE - Allen Bailey

CB - Aaron Williams

Out of Madison's list above, I wouldn't mind Austin and Paea (sp).

Austin at DE and Paea at NT. Defense has DRAMATICALLY improved in one year and then our most glaring need is a QB while the newer, younger defense improves. Use the rest of our picks to try to find some interior offensive linemen. If we can manage to get just one starting OL in the 4th round or later, you gotta be happy with this draft. We'd have :

OLB Kerrigan

DE Austin

NT Paea

G

That's pretty sick and would set us up to go HARD at a QB and CB next year. Maybe a WR or RB, too.

I would try and trade down again.....but if we don't...

QB - Dalton, Mallet, Kapernick

RB - Ryan Williams, Leshoure

WR - Greg Little, Hankerson, Randall Cobb

OT - Ben Ijalana

C - Stefen Wisniewski, Rodney Hudson

NT - Paea, Marvin Austin

DE - Allen Bailey

CB - Aaron Williams

Bailey could very well be there in the 3rd round. Gifted player but so raw it seems like and still has his LB instincts

Archived