Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Two 2nd rounders... What do we do.

Hal2856

VA Tech homers are the worst.

People are saying Ryan Williams because there's been a lot of talk about how much the coaching staff likes Williams. The tea leaves have been read on the kid. They're saying it because it's been said a lot before.

As for my choices, it'd be RW at 41 and the best center available at the next choice.

I don't want a QB with a high choice. To get a later guy like Tyrod Taylor, Greg McElroy, etc. would be my preference.

With the two second rounders, getting a solid NT would be good. I would be disappointed if the Skins drafted Mallett. While I have no doubts about his ability, I just don't think he would be a good fit here. A running back would be a good choice too, imo. I've got faith in Torrain but if he cannot stay healthy, we don't have a ton of depth. Tomorrow will definitely be exciting.

I would love to see 2 of these guys in the 2nd, 1 DL and 1 OL.

Marvin Austin - NT/DE (Didn't play last year, and I'm a little wary of the pick, but it would be a great pick for our DL)

Stephen Paea - DE (I just don't think he's got a big enough frame for a 3-4 NT, but would be a monster at DE, especially with either Rak or Kerrigan behind him).

Orlando Franklin - Miami (he'll be an OG in the NFL, he's extremely athletic and will be excellent pulling, could play RT but will probably be a better guard).

QB - Colin Kaepernick - (assuming he'll be sitting and working out the kinks in his game, or we could pick McElroy later in the draft who is insanely accurate, and let him sit the bench while he develops some arm strength and we work out the kinks in out OL)

WR - Greg Little - UNC (great possession receiver who would be perfect to match up with some of our speedier deep threat guys, hopefully Moss being one)

I'd be okay with a combo of any of those.

#1 priority is NT.

i disagree, and i would like someone to explain their view on drafting a NT. i have seen a lot of posts that suggest we select paea or another NT in the second. i know the NT is very important in this defense and that guys that big are hard to find. however, this isnt a very good NT class and we have more important needs.

anthony bryant played very well last year when he was given the chance. he might not continue it next year, but there is a chance that he does. why not at least attempt to develop one of our players. however, we dont really have anything comparbly promising at wide reciever (possibly austin or mk), oline, or qb. so why not draft one of those positions.

in conclusion, we basically know that we are gonna suck at qb, wr, and oline (specifically center and guard). we might suck at NT, but we might not, so imo, qb wr and oline are bigger needs.

Anybody but Mallett. I just don't have a good feeling about him. He may as well be Ryan Leaf. I haven't seen an interview with him that he is the least bit likable. We don't need bad apples in the locker room.

If Dalton is still available at #41, we should take him. If not, we should take an O-Lineman like Rodney Hudson, WR, or D Line.

RB is not a pressing need and I don't believe we should spend a high draft pick on one. Stevan Ridley from LSU could still be available in the 5th round and would fit very well in our offense.

I like WR Greg Little but he will need time to develop, and we need someone a little more polished that can step in and start opposite AA.

A. Williams

Wisniewski

Hudson

Little

Hankerson

Bailey

Ballard

Austin

Young

M. Wilson

Boling

Ras-I

In that order of priority.

Dont think Paea is a NT. Think people are getting caught up with the bench press numbers, but id happily eat crow if hes our pick and he does well. Id be happy drafting two NTs late (Nield, Ian Williams?) and let them compete with Bryant for the starting job. I just don't think its a good year for a Nose and drafting Paea would be putting a square peg in a round hole.

Martez Wilson could be our Lawrence Timmons rotating from ILB to OLB at best, and quality depth at ILB and OLB at worst.

And I really dont understand how people want a RB prospect over all of the talent available at positions of MUCH bigger need. But whatever... gobble gobble

Archived