Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

(Rumor) McNabb to Vikes (No Link)

Master Blaster

Live up in Vikings country. Local outlets are talking about rumblings of McNabb to Vikings. Just thought I'd share and maybe start a discussion on what we should get from the Vikings in return for McNabb (Can only be draft picks at this point).

I don't think that we can trade players at all. My understanding is that we can trade picks for picks, but we can't trade actual players.

Live up in Vikings country. Local outlets are talking about rumblings of McNabb to Vikings. Just thought I'd share and maybe start a discussion on what we should get from the Vikings in return for McNabb (Can only be draft picks at this point).

We've been hearing these rumors for some time now. For the record, though, McNabb can't be traded at all until a CBA is in place.

I don't think that we can trade players at all. My understanding is that we can trade picks for picks, but we can't trade actual players.
It'd be a dream come true, but I thought we couldn't trade for picks for this upcoming draft
We've been hearing these rumors for some time now. For the record, though, McNabb can't be traded at all until a CBA is in place.

Could catch guys. Yeah, he can't be traded at all until new CBA/something else happens.

Well they sound pretty sure of it happening up here.

This is the 4th or 5th time this has been brought up. TK has shot it down. Pretty sure he said we are cutting him when the CBA is done.

Can't trade him without a CBA. The way it's going, we'll have a Draft before we have a CBA. The Vikes can then take a QB in the Draft. By the time we do get a CBA, FA will start after the Draft. McNabb has little to no trade value at this time. Given all of this, right now he's still more likely to get cut then traded. Unless the Vikes are really stupid. The smart move for them, since they're in a win now mode with their roster is to just wait for us to cut him & then they sign him for a year or two.

Can't trade him without a CBA. The way it's going, we'll have a Draft before we have a CBA. The Vikes can then take a QB in the Draft. By the time we do get a CBA, FA will start after the Draft. McNabb has little to no trade value at this time. Given all of this, right now he's still more likely to get cut then traded. Unless the Vikes are really stupid. The smart move for them, since they're in a win now mode with their roster is to just wait for us to cut him & then they sign him for a year or two.

This makes zero sense from the Redskins' perspective. As you said the Vikes are in a win now mode, so even if they draft a QB they will still be very interested in McNabb as a 2 year bridge. Why in the world would the Redskins cut Donovan before exploring trade options after the league resumes? No I buy the rumors, McNabb to the Vikes for a conditional 2012 pick makes sense for everyone involved.

This makes zero sense from the Redskins' perspective. As you said the Vikes are in a win now mode, so even if they draft a QB they will still be very interested in McNabb as a 2 year bridge. Why in the world would the Redskins cut Donovan before exploring trade options after the league resumes? No I buy the rumors, McNabb to the Vikes for a conditional 2012 pick makes sense for everyone involved.

Obviously we'll explore any available options. TK's saying that he doesn't think we'll have any, because AFTER the draft teams will know that we'll cut him if no one trades for him. Before the draft, he's got at least some value to certain teams.

Obviously we'll explore any available options. TK's saying that he doesn't think we'll have any, because AFTER the draft teams will know that we'll cut him if no one trades for him. Before the draft, he's got at least some value to certain teams.

The leverage we have, though it's limited, is the roster bonus we owe McNabb under his deal is only due the first week of the regular season. That means we can squat on McNabbs rights and cut him right after the end of preseason. If the Vikes want him in camp (assuming there is a preseason of course) to learn their offense then sending us a conditional 2012 pick does make some sense. it's going to be mid round pick though at best.

If we can manage to get anything for Donovan I'd be content. Ditto for AH. As much as letting him rot on the bench appeals to me, I still would rather he be gone entirely from the organization and the sooner the better. I do not want anymore AH BS. I just want to focus on the guys that give a damn and want to win.

The leverage we have, though it's limited, is the roster bonus we owe McNabb under his deal is only due the first week of the regular season. That means we can squat on McNabbs rights and cut him right after the end of preseason. If the Vikes want him in camp (assuming there is a preseason of course) to learn their offense then sending us a conditional 2012 pick does make some sense. it's going to be mid round pick though at best.

This was what I was thinking . I still have my fingers crossed that the forced mediation will result in a very rapid aggreement prior to the draft and though FA might be after the draft (which always made more sense anyway) we could trade McNabb durring the draft .

Other than that I can see us trading McNabb post draft as ( I think it is Bill Mussgrave- their OC) want to bring any young gun along slowly which is why they are looking hard at Jake Locker . The problem is they - The Vikes- don't really have anyone they could use as a vet 2 year stop gap and if they are still in the win now frame of mind wouldn't mind picking up the McNabb contract .

The other thing potentially in our favor is the new CBA will meen a new distribution of the monies which will also mean that the price of FA is going to rise considerably - Trading for McNabb while under contract counters those problems . The Vikes could also go for Kolb but I don't think he is a NFL starter, and the Eagles want a lot for him . A McNabb trade may be a conditional 3rd or 4th (at best possibly less than that) based on if the team makes it to the championship game a Kolb trade the Eagles will be looking for a soild 2nd round pick - Other than that the QB waters are quite murkey ...

Our 2012 draft could look quite interesting because if we loose McIntosh and Rogers and potentially Brown (which I becoming more and more resigned to) then they could sign for some big contracts in the new FA which means we could have several additional compensation picks in the mid rounds in 2012 . I know we cannot trade them but would do wonders for our depth .

Archived