Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

JMU vs VA Tech (College Decision)

JasonCampbell177

i go to jmu,

great parties for your first two years, and at 21 you start to get tired of that and lacks the great bar scene but still fairly good. tech has much better bar scene, but if you do not have a fake id down thier than its not as good the first 2 years.

girls are much better at jmu, not bad girls at tech just most not single, sports tech is better, nobody really cares about the sports here it sucks for huge sports fans, but i still seem to get buy on pro sports. however we did beat tech this year and may be a sign of the fuutre

Jesus Christ. Is this still going on?

Look...you can be a perfectly capable Red Lobster manager with a degree from either of these fine institutions.

It may take a few years after you get out of JMU.

I'm still crossing my fingers a management position opens up, bussing tables sucks.

What did college teach me... let's see... BSing gets you everywhere... frat parties are lame... and yeah, that's about it. :)

Maybe fraternity parties at VT can be lame.

Of course, it also depends on whether you're actually in the fraternity or are good friends with a guy who is or not. Typically, guys who don't fit either category don't enjoy fraternity parties very much.

The Face of the franchise has to be someone representable. i.e. pharm reps are smokin hot. Because they have to shake their tail at the doctors.

Teachers have a tendency to be attractive. But they tend to be looking for marriage off the break. It's a total layup profession, no ambition. Teaching is a part time job. Nursing is a deffinate plus.

Either way I like where your head is.

The "pharm reps have to shake their tails at the doctors" bit has already been covered. I don't even know what that really means. I haven't heard that phrase since Bad Boys 2 was in theaters.

wait, what??

And yeah, this thread shouldn't be de-railed into another teaching profession discussion, but I'm definitely on the other side of the fence with the "teaching is a part time job/layup profession" line of thinking.

But my mom was also a Teacher of the Year in Arlington County and basically helped run the English department, homecoming, and school newspaper at her high school for nearly 30 years, so I'm probably a bit biased on the issue.

I went to tech 100 years ago and it was fun.

The basketball team upset Georgetown that year and they were throwing soda machines off the roof off pritchard dorm which I lived in which was the craziest place I've ever seen. A few weeks later the basketball team upset UVA and they threw all the wooden furniture out the windows and made the biggest bonfire ever seen. The fire dept came and blasted us all with fire hoses. I was 17 and will never forget it. Thank you Bimbo Coles!

I went to tech 100 years ago and it was fun.

The basketball team upset Georgetown that year and they were throwing soda machines off the roof off pritchard dorm which I lived in which was the craziest place I've ever seen. A few weeks later the basketball team upset UVA and they threw all the wooden furniture out the windows and made the biggest bonfire ever seen. The fire dept came and blasted us all with fire hoses. I was 17 and will never forget it. Thank you Bimbo Coles!

Was Ace Custis on that team too?

Fact: If Metallica never exisited' date=' Virginia Tech's attendance would be 40 percent lower.

Oh...if only that bus crash had been more effective......[/quote']

I probably shouldn't laugh at that, but I couldn't help it.

I've said this before, but VT using "Enter Sandman" as the big entrance has to be one of the cheapest gimmicks in college sports. I have a hard time believing that Vince McMahon didn't somehow suggest that.

Wait, so VT having the entire stadium doing the Hokie Bounce and the team coming out to Enter Sandman is a WWE move? What the hell is Chief Osceola riding a horse to midfield and hurling a flaming spear into the ground?

See, college football is known for its pregame/in game rituals. Clemson runs down the hill, FSU has Osceola and the spear, Wisconsin has Jump Around, Colorado and Texas run with their mascot, Oklahoma has the wagon, VT has the Hokie Bounce/Enter Sandman..... That is what makes college football great. All of these traditions started sometime. VT started theirs in the '90's. FSU's started in 1977, with the hiring of Bowden. Gee, what do FSU in 1977 and VT in the 90's have in common? That is when they started to get good, and became popular nationally. Imagine that.

To say that what VT does for their entrance ins WWE'ish marginalizes the traditions of ALL college football programs. Traditions have to start somewhere.

I like VTs entrance it's "new" ... I think that's what's great about CFB you get old traditions, running into the up and comers. Penn State/Oklahoma/Texas/Michigan classic uniforms and Oregon/VT's pro combat looks. To say one is better/more relevant/authentic than any other isn't accurate.

I do wonder, 30 years from now if Enter Sandman will be, how do you say, a little hokey?

Wait, so VT having the entire stadium doing the Hokie Bounce and the team coming out to Enter Sandman is a WWE move? What the hell is Chief Osceola riding a horse to midfield and hurling a flaming spear into the ground?

See, college football is known for its pregame/in game rituals. Clemson runs down the hill, FSU has Osceola and the spear, Wisconsin has Jump Around, Colorado and Texas run with their mascot, Oklahoma has the wagon, VT has the Hokie Bounce/Enter Sandman..... That is what makes college football great. All of these traditions started sometime. VT started theirs in the '90's. FSU's started in 1977, with the hiring of Bowden. Gee, what do FSU in 1977 and VT in the 90's have in common? That is when they started to get good, and became popular nationally. Imagine that.

To say that what VT does for their entrance ins WWE'ish marginalizes the traditions of ALL college football programs. Traditions have to start somewhere.

Well, every tradition you named has something to do with the team's mascot or stadium name/location.

I didn't realize it was the Virginia Tech James Hetfields. So that's the obvious difference there.

But seriously, it's a pretty cool entrance. Don't get so worked up- they're just jokes.

Teachers start out with ambition. Their ambition ends and dies with Marriage and Tenure. Then they take a knee and run out clock getting paid way to much and gaining tons of weight. Unless they become college professors. In that case they start smoking tons of weed.

---------- Post added March-24th-2011 at 12:22 PM ----------

Well the VT entrance isn't a tradition. It's something that their front running fans adopted when the team became respectable. Mariano Rivera was the first to use Enter the Sandman. The Hokies couldn't come up with their own idea so they "borrowed" it.

Teachers start out with ambition. Their ambition ends and dies with Marriage and Tenure. Then they take a knee and run out clock getting paid way to much and gaining tons of weight. Unless they become college professors. In that case they start smoking tons of weed.
Broad brush. Doesn't work as a general rule

Education - VA Tech

Sports - VA Tech

Partying - JMU

VA Tech is a great school if you wanna get a great education, be able to consistently compete in sports, and it has a more far-reaching reputation. That said, it's in the middle of nowhere and you will literally be making do with the basics. You can literally see cow farms from the condos, but again it is still a great school.

JMU has a reputation locally in the DMV area. It is also a great school but still doesn't hold a candle to the reputation that VA Tech has. However....the partying at JMU is hands down some of the best I have ever been to. They are in the valley and always have something to do, and somewhere to go. It's a lot of fun. :)

Real Question -

It has been over 15 years since I graduated from JMU. In my day JMU was the harder of the two schools to get into. I remember my Tech application taking me 3 minutes to fill out.

So 15 years later. which is the harder school to get into as a freshman liberal arts?

Real Question -

It has been over 15 years since I graduated from JMU. In my day JMU was the harder of the two schools to get into. I remember my Tech application taking me 3 minutes to fill out.

So 15 years later. which is the harder school to get into as a freshman liberal arts?

does it matter? getting an arts degree pretty much guarantees unemployment

Archived