Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

JMU vs VA Tech (College Decision)

JasonCampbell177

That entire campus is Hipster. Nothing funnier than just walking around the campus and laughing at everyone.

The biker kids man, the ****ing biker kids. I want to take their fixies, the ****ty PBR and dump them all into James River. It's like a zombie invasion. I had friends who were normal regular people turn into complete morons the moment they stepped onto the VCU campus.

The biker kids man, the ****ing biker kids. I want to take their fixies, the ****ty PBR and dump them all into James River. It's like a zombie invasion. I had friends who were normal regular people turn into complete morons the moment they stepped onto the VCU campus.

Not to mention how Pike's are damn near worshipped on that campus. Yet the outside world knows that they are complete ****ing douchebags.

That was meant for Ransom and his theory that there's hot Engineering students. I studied Engineering at Penn State, MUCH bigger student body than VT. I found maybe a handful of cute girls in Engineering classes, so out of every 100 girls I met maybe 10 were decent. You don't study Engineering to meet girls, plain and simple.

All I'm saying is, from experience, there ARE good looking engineering girls... in civil anyway. I'm willing to bet civil has a larger female population than Mechanical or Electrical though, seeing as I haven't met a chick from EITHER of those departments yet.

And study engineering to meet girls? Heck no. If you want to do that, go nursing.

All I'm saying is, from experience, there ARE good looking engineering girls... in civil anyway. I'm willing to bet civil has a larger female population than Mechanical or Electrical though, seeing as I haven't met a chick from EITHER of those departments yet.

And study engineering to meet girls? Heck no. If you want to do that, go nursing.

There's only one major worse for meeting girls...Computer Science. And yes, I know this from experience.

Or teaching....or Psych...or Socy..:ols:

I think my top 3 majors for hot girls (in no particular order) are:

1- Education

2- Sociology

3- Nursing

With Psych and Marketing as honorable mentions.

Psych also gets a lot of the geeky/weird girl crowd, and I knew a lot of good looking girls who started out as Psych majors until their dads told them to change into Business or Marketing or something else that could actually get them a "stable career" after school.

Also, I didn't include on my general ranking because it's pretty specific, but at FSU, the Interior Design and the Fashion And Merchandising majors are absolutely loaded with really hot girls. If you ever had the good fortune to take a walk through the building for those classes, it was impossible to not be turning your head around every 2 seconds.

Engineering lacking hot girls is a universal problem.

Two of my roommates were engineers (Civil and Mechanical) and I studied at the Engineering School a lot myself, and it was a largely guy dominated student population, and whatever rare girls were around, typically weren't very good looking. There were maybe 3 or 4 attractive girls in the different programs at any one time, but it was also funny to see and hear about how badly the engineering guys usually messed up interacting with them.

Not to mention how Pike's are damn near worshipped on that campus. Yet the outside world knows that they are complete ****ing douchebags.

:ols: PKAs at VCU. I'm sure that's a great crowd.

And yet they probably have nothing on the "Greek life" down here at FIU.

There were maybe 3 or 4 attractive girls in the different programs at any one time, but it was also funny to see and hear about how badly the engineering guys usually messed up interacting with them.

Yeah, there aren't as many girls in engineering, but the competition desperately and constantly shooting themselves in the foot does help...

I had the same decision and got into the honors program at JMU (it felt like a joke then and I had no problem skipping things to be kicked out). I don't know if it's better now and worth sticking in. Basically you just do a bit more work and have to write a thesis for something that doesn't really matter. Lets face it, being honors or something at UVA or Michigan or another well known academic school is not the same as honors at JMU. However, finishing cum laude or magna cum laude sounds more impressive, and you can do that by taking basket weaving classes.

As for academics, I honestly say they are about even. VT would have a few more options being a larger school. I don't know if this is the same as I was JMU Class of 2006, but class sizes are smaller at JMU. I never had a class larger than 150 people and that was only twice my freshman year. Most of my classes were under 50. Classes seem to be larger in bigger schools like VT. Also, JMU does not have many grad programs. That is bad for say the student who'd want to go to grad school there, but it's great for the undergrads. That means that pretty much only doctorates teach classes at JMU. There may be some grad assistants, but not like other schools where grad students teach lots of the lower level classes (I had a friend who started teaching freshman english at VT as soon as she graduated from JMU and went to grad school at VT). Nothing against grad students, just that if you would prefer to have classes taught by a person with a doctorate instead of not, then JMU is the way to go there.

As for specific programs, I cannot say. JMU is more of the liberal arts school, though does have a solid business program and some IT stuff going on. VT seems like it'd have more all over. Campus wise, I think both are gorgeous. Women, well, it was a 65/35 girl/guy ratio when I was there, not sure if that's changed. Food is pretty even too. Football, definitely VT. JMU's football scene has blown up since 2004, but it's nowhere close to being VT size. Even a die-hard JMU fan I know was like "with the larger stadium, I do home seats get sold out." The stadium will only be arond 24k, respectable new size, but it aint no 70k+ (or 100k+ like where I went to law school). As for Greek life, I think VT is bigger actually. JMU was maybe 10% when I was there. Parties are soo open at JMU it's ridiculous, just walk right in. I never heard of covers and cup fees at JMU like I have at VT, UVA, and UT (the only other schools I've actually gotten to party at). I think JMU is just an aberration there, not many schools have such an open door policy regarding parties.

Either way, in all honesty, they are both good in-state schools that rank pretty well nationally in terms of academics. You really won't regret going to either place.

If your school has a Pike frat they always seem to be the swinging dicks on campus. And yes they are all douches, but dumb, hot chicks like douches. I think Pikes are just one of those elite chapters, but I don't know a ton about Greek life.

Spartacus. Marketing has to be #1 for hottest C's. If they arent attractive they don't get hired. Unles your talking about some of the hippos in Graphic Design or some bunk art major. The Face of the franchise has to be someone representable. i.e. pharm reps are smokin hot. Because they have to shake their tail at the doctors.

Teachers have a tendency to be attractive. But they tend to be looking for marriage off the break. It's a total layup profession, no ambition. Teaching is a part time job. Nursing is a deffinate plus.

Either way I like where your head is.

There's one hot girl in this photo from the sorority at Vtech - can you spot her?

Its one of the largest sororities too.....sorry, but my opinion still stands

Why would you pick a middle-of-the-road sorority though? From what I understand Delta Gamma and Delta Zeta are two of the better sororities. Granted, it's been a while since I knew anyone in college, but those things don't tend to change too quickly.

Why would you pick a middle-of-the-road sorority though? From what I understand Delta Gamma and Delta Zeta are two of the better sororities. Granted, it's been a while since I knew anyone in college, but those things don't tend to change too quickly.

that's the one my ex-gf is in......shes also in some service sorority...gotta find a picture of that group too...also full of plain janes

that's the one my ex-gf is in......shes also in some service sorority...gotta find a picture of that group too...also full of plain janes

Cool. I'm of the mindset that JMU is slightly hotter (at least it was during my time there), but I don't think a lot of people are giving Tech enough credit. There are big groups of very hot girls there if you take into account the top 2-3 sororities. I hung out a lot with 2-3 different years of girls in DZ and DG and they were just as hot as the top JMU sorority girls (ASA, SK, etc.). Now, JMU might be deeper (more attractive girls in the mediocre sororities), but I don't know enough about Tech to say that.

Anyway, the fact is, you'll have plenty of girls to look out no matter which campus you're on. Let's be honest, 18-22 year old girls tend to look good for the most part! Long story short, you're not going to run out of hot girls to pursue on either campus.

http://www.jmu.edu/jmuweb/general/news/general11550.shtml

JMU's business school ranked 28th in the country among public and private undergraduate business schools according to "Bloomberg Businessweek's" sixth annual rankings (formerly "BusinessWeek"). In 2010 the business school ranked 41st and in 2008, 54th. This year among public institutions JMU's College of Business ranks 11th.

http://www.jmu.edu/jmuweb/general/news/general11550.shtml

JMU's business school ranked 28th in the country among public and private undergraduate business schools according to "Bloomberg Businessweek's" sixth annual rankings (formerly "BusinessWeek"). In 2010 the business school ranked 41st and in 2008, 54th. This year among public institutions JMU's College of Business ranks 11th.

Businessweek's rankings are based off surveys done by the students.

Archived