Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

March Madness 2011 Baby!

ACW

As worn out as I am from all the celebration I had to get in this thread.

Before the game I said

eh We're use to people counting us out

-No one thought we'd be in- We're in

-No one thought our team could win a game- We beat USC

-Everyone thought GU we put us out- We whooped them

-Everyone thought Purdue would end us once and for all- We destroyed them

-Some started to finally believe we could win- We battled out against the best defensive team in the nation and won

-Everyone is counting us out again.

Most don't realize that's been the strength of the Rams all year. Everytime they get doubted or insulted they make it through. They live off people questioning them. Yeah, everything may point to us getting crushed today but there's a few things that don't show up in stats and projections.

There's the difference between VCU and teams like KU. Mid majors like VCU know all season every game could determine if they play in the big dance. They know how important every shot is. Ku doesn't because they know they will get in. VCU wasn't even suppose to be here and they have given the fans and this school a reason to believe(As if they didn't before). KU expects to be here(The fans and the team). VCU will do anything to keep this journey going and not just for the fans or the school but most importantly themselves. KU is playing for themselves only right now. VCU celebrated in the streets from San Antonio to here in Richmond VA. KU fans ignored it and went to bed(I know this for a fact). VCU celebrates the team's accomplishments whether that be Sweet 16, Elite Eight, Final Four, whatever. KU only celebrates championships.

Credit to the ones who actually ate their crow. To the ones who tried to "correct" themselves or act like they were joking next time keep your mouth shut.:D

The probable match ups of the NC game are still amazing. Either Butler goes to back to back championship games or a CAA school becomes the first to make it. I wonder how much VCU has left in the tank. This is one of the best underdog stories in a while.

butler will take care of vcu. another hot team with a hotter young coach than shaka smart that won't allow his team to come and play crap defense like kansas did in the first half yesterday. if butler can shoot better than 2 for 22 from behind the arc they will win

i hope kentucky beats uconn so i can win my pool, but i doubt it

Picking between Butler and VCU is extremely difficult, it's like two gritty teams with a lot of heart and intangibles

Shame someone has to lose the game but I like Butler to play UConn in the championship game

Not for me it isn't. I love what VCU is doing/has done but I will never bet against Butler. The one thing I'm worried about for Butler is that the calendar will turn to April before their next game. They haven't lost in March since 2009. I don't care who they play, they just always find ways to win. Not saying VCU can't or won't win because that would be stupid. But it would be crazy to ever bet against Butler.

Credit to the ones who actually ate their crow. To the ones who tried to "correct" themselves or act like they were joking next time keep your mouth shut.:D

You are a joke. Where were you in the CAA thread to eat your crow when VCU lost to ODU twice and 5 out of their last 8 games? Oh yeah, you were "busy for 2 weeks" and then couldn't get on here because you "had mid-terms". You and davelski are the 2 biggest jokes when it comes to leading the VCU bandwagon it's not funny. You have no business keeping your mouth shut when you disappeared when your team looked like they had no shot at making the tournament.

Archived