Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

March Madness 2011 Baby!

ACW

Wow Bushwack I'm getting a little choked up :pfft:.

---------- Post added March-28th-2011 at 01:04 PM ----------

Why don't you guys take this arguement back to the CAA thread. People want to talk about the Final Four here.

What can I say, you were there to root, cheer, and talk smack for VCU and you were there to give props to the other team and their fans that beat VCU. You didn't disappear when times got tough, and I respect that.

As for the argument it's over with, he's a joke of a fan, at least on this message board. He hid when VCU struggled and looked like they were going to the NIT (possibly worse), and I'm not the only one who knows how much of a coward he truly is.

Congrats MKnight82 on your team's success. Yesterday's win was very impressive, against a much bigger Kansas squad. You all simply ran them out of the gym in the 1st half and they couldn't keep up, and then you took their best shot and responded by keeping the lead.

IMO Butler will win and UConn will win. Brad Stevens is the best coach of the 4. Hopefully VCU doesn't get caught up in the action and the hoopla that is Richmond right now and get distracted. Butler has already dealt with it last year.

IMO Butler will win and UConn will win. Brad Stevens is the best coach of the 4. Hopefully VCU doesn't get caught up in the action and the hoopla that is Richmond right now and get distracted. Butler has already dealt with it last year.

I still think Butler is on a mission from last season, and they're not satisfied with just getting back to the Final Four or National Championship Game. They're here to win it all, while VCU and their fans seem a lot more happy with the fact that they made it to the Final Four (and rightfully so), but Butler is on a mission, and like you said they have the best coach left in the dance, and probably the 2nd best coach in the nation behind Coach K.

Sorry, not a gambler so forgive a stupid question... So if money does flood in for UCONN and the line shifts to even out the bets, does that allow earlier bettors to negate bets? Or are they still locked in at the line they "bought in" for? Doesn't a shift signal to bettors that the house doesn't really know what it's doing?

Sorry, not a gambler so forgive a stupid question... So if money does flood in for UCONN and the line shifts to even out the bets, does that allow earlier bettors to negate bets? Or are they still locked in at the line they "bought in" for? Doesn't a shift signal to bettors that the house doesn't really know what it's doing?

You get the line you bet on. Even if you bet on Kentucky -2.5 and the line shifts later to UConn -2.5. That's why a lot of people will wait for those shifts before placing a bet.

I'm rooting for Butler, but if Kentucky wins it all then this tournament will be for nothing because this year's title will be vacated in a couple of years.

I see what you did there. ;)

But we all know Calipari is becoming the master of oh-so-close-but-not-quite. So nobody has to worry about him "winning" a title. :ols:

Butler winning it would be amazing/absurd/orgasmic and any other adjective I can use to describe that result.

I see what you did there. ;)

But we all know Calipari is becoming the master of oh-so-close-but-not-quite. So nobody has to worry about him "winning" a title. :ols:

Butler winning it would be amazing/absurd/orgasmic and any other adjective I can use to describe that result.

I'll add two more, it would be deserving and fitting after the way they lost last year.

I'll add two more, it would be deserving and fitting after the way they lost last year.

Bingo. How many NCAA teams have come so close to winning a championship one year to being right there at the end ready for more the next year? Memphis sure didn't in 2009. The way Butler started the season didn't surprise me. I mean, how much would that take out of you, to be so close and yet not finish the deal? I never in a million years expected Butler to do anything this year, much less get right back to the Final 4. And yet, here they are. Two wins away from making the question "What if Hayward's half court shot had gone in?" obsolete.

Archived