Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

8.9 magnitude quake hits Japan...edit: 6.5 quake hits (3/27)

royallypwned

coincidence the moon is at its closest point to the earth in years?

The moon gets closer every time it goes around.

---------- Post added March-11th-2011 at 10:29 AM ----------

This is terrible. Please not a December 2004 repeat.

Looks like it's gonna be close.

After watching some of these videos, I'm going to need a drink tonight. :(

It is incredible. I first saw it at about 4 this morning. I usually sleep with the TV on and woke up and flipped through the channels with plans to roll over and fall back asleep. But then I saw what was going on and stayed up. I have never seen anything like this. It is stunning.

---------- Post added March-11th-2011 at 11:10 AM ----------

It is incredible. I first saw it at about 4 this morning. I usually sleep with the TV on and woke up and flipped through the channels with plans to roll over and fall back asleep. But then I saw what was going on and stayed up. I have never seen anything like this. It is stunning.

Does anyone know of a live stream that I can keep going at work? I know that the major news stattions have video streams, but I was looking for a stream of maybe MSNBC or CNN's live broadcast feed.

After watching some of these videos, I'm going to need a drink tonight. :(

I know what you mean. If I had had booze or beer around last night when this first started hitting the airwaves,I would have drinking. Seen some horrible stuff in my day,and this ranks way up there with some of the worst.

An US Navy Carrier The USS Ronald Reagan and some Amphibs are enroute to Japan with supplies, etc

---------- Post added March-11th-2011 at 11:50 AM ----------

FNC is reporting Santa Cruz is feeling the effects of the Tsunami now and Hawaii experienced a "wraparound" Wave

They're talking to Kelly Huston of the CA Emergency Management Agency right now and apparently parts of Santa Cruz are being impacted by a wave. Damage being done to some boats and piers. Hawaii is reporting a "wrap around" wave is impacting the area and has even flooded a hotel.

:cry:

And this may be a dumb question, but if there's a tsunami, wouldn't that extinguish any fires? :whoknows:

I think it goes back to the fact that the strength of a tsunami is in it's relentlessness, not it's height. Buildings are much higher than tsunamis, usually.

Besides, it's kind of a moot point. Even if a tsunami puts out your fire, that would almost surely mean that you would simply die by drowning, as opposed to dying by fire.

Archived