Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

8.9 magnitude quake hits Japan...edit: 6.5 quake hits (3/27)

royallypwned

Another big one hit in the same area, 7.4 last night/this morning. http://search.japantimes.co.jp/cgi-bin/nn20110408x4.html

M7.4 quake jolts Miyagi Pref., vicinity; tsunami warning lifted

Kyodo

A strong quake with a preliminary magnitude of 7.4 jolted on Thursday evening Japan's Miyagi Prefecture and its vicinity but no major troubles were reported at nuclear facilities in the areas devastated by the March 11 earthquake, including the crippled Fukushima Daiichi power station.

The Japan Meteorological Agency issued a tsunami warning immediately after the 11:32 p.m. quake, whose seismic center was off Miyagi Prefecture at a depth of some 40 kilometers, but it was lifted shortly before 1 a.m. Friday.

"Mankind inhabits this earth subject to geological consent—which can be withdrawn at any time."

---------- Post added April-8th-2011 at 10:19 AM ----------

"Mankind inhabits this earth subject to geological consent—which can be withdrawn at any time."

• 11 months later...

It's been over a year now. For all that time this ship has been floating crewless at sea:

enhanced-buzz-wide-1996-1332697604-27.jpg

A 150-foot fishing boat swept away from the Japanese tsunami has been spotted 150 miles off the coast of British Colombia. According to Canadian Department of National Defence, the vessel is considered an obstruction to navigation, and a warning has been issued by the Canadian Coast Guard.

I wonder if there are dead bodies on the ship. I would assume the owner would have known if it was just tied up or out to see with a crew. On another note, I'm heading back to Japan in less than a month for the first time since I left right before the big quake. A lot of people I knew left and never went back, but I'm looking forward to speaking to my friends that are still there about the whole thing.

This is a really good 5 part video about what has gone down since the big one from Pharrell. Seems there is this buzz in the air from all the frustrations of everyone living there and how they've dealt with it in Art and Music.

http://www.palladiumboots.com/video/tokyo-rising#part1

Archived