Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Light Beer Snobbery....what gives????

chipwhich

Serious question, because I know this topic includes some in this forum.

I go to sporting events all the time. This happens more times than I can imagine.

And it is never directed towards one light beer.

Oh and this isn't a thread about bashing light beer versus your full bodied beers....just getting a beer at a sporting event.

You go to a stand and they offer only (for this example lets say) Miller Lite. The person you are with says ahhhh Miller Lite is crap. Lets look for a stand that sells (Coors, Bud) Lite. I can't drink that crap. So you walk a quarter of the way around the stadium to find one of the few stands that offer (Coors, Bud) Lite.

Are you kidding me?

It's a freaking LIGHT beer. Man up Sally :pfft: I know some people in this forum do this. What is the reasoning.

I remember a long time ago, before Coors light was a "Union Beer" someone with me told me he would never drink a non union beer. Well, at least he had some valid reasoning. :ols:

I have heard all kinds of stories about X light beer causing abdominal discomfort the next morning ;) Or hangovers...or whatever. But I have heard the same excuses for all three mentioned in this thread.

So tell me why you are a light beer snob?

Personally I never have had an issue with relation to any specific light beer, maybe other than the quantity I drank. :evilg:

Keystone Light baby!

I guess I was programmed to like light beer at college. Perhaps a day will come when I think "How did I ever drink that?", but for now, it's all good.

you do have a point. if youre going to drink tasteless beer, why spend 7 bucks for a sixer?

I too am a fan of Miller Lite, and prefer it. I have no problem with Bud Light either.

Coors Light, on the other hand, is a heaping pile of ****. It also gives me the worst hangovers. I only need to drink one. I don't know why, but its happened enough times that I will never touch the stuff again........

I'll drink Bud Light or Miller Light, not that picky about it. Coors lite on the other hand tastes like water and I'm not a fan of it at all. I actually know a guy who ONLY drinks Michelob Ultra Lights, we once wen't to a bar that didn't serve it and he drank water instead. We still make fun of him for it.

I regularly drink Miller Lite and Coors Light, and I can taste the difference between ML, CL, and BL. I cannot drink Bud Light. Probably because I've been drinking ML solidly for the past 5 years.

I do enjoy other beers, (Octoberfests, Shiner/amber bock, Smithwicks, and any other malty beers I can find) but I wake up with the worst headache. I could drink 15 "light" beers or 5 "normal" beers and wake up with the same killer hangover...

I like Miller Light, don't mind Bud Light, and think Coors Light is crap, but would never turn down any of them. Also at Verizon Center they offer a ton of different options. They even have Guinness.

I seem to be one of the few who has no trouble the next morning, after drinking lots of light beer. Although I have a strange resistance to hangovers. No matter how terribly drunk I get, or what beer/liquor I drink, I feel great the next morning. Bud Light is my preferred brand, but I'll drink any of them. Coors Light sucks ass though. So does Keystone, but that's the point....its cheap ****. Like drinking PBR. Or Steel Reserve. You know going in.

I can't really tell the difference between bud light / miller light / coors light. I buy whatever is on special.

the're all like making love in a canoe... ****ing close to water

I tend to agree.

Just curious why some have the emotional tie to water downed beer :)

It's a freaking light beer, not some fine wine or steak. It's a beer that costs $9.99 on sale for an 18 pack. :ols:

I like Miller Light, don't mind Bud Light, and think Coors Light is crap, but would never turn down any of them. Also at Verizon Center they offer a ton of different options. They even have Guinness.

Can't drink Guinness. Too bitter for me. Literally couldn't finish half a can the only time I ever tried it, and I have a strong stomach when it comes to beer.

I seem to be one of the few who has no trouble the next morning, after drinking lots of light beer. Although I have a strange resistance to hangovers. No matter how terribly drunk I get, or what beer/liquor I drink, I feel great the next morning. Bud Light is my preferred brand, but I'll drink any of them. Coors Light sucks ass though. So does Keystone, but that's the point....its cheap ****. Like drinking PBR. Or Steel Reserve. You know going in.

You are 21 that little gem won't last forever.

It is because they all suck, but you're so used to the one that you drink that you don't think it sucks. I don't think Miller Lite sucks now because I'm so used to it. I remember when I drank exclusively Natty and thought Miller Lite was the worst.

Think of this post in two parts. 1, a sense of humor test. (if you do not think Spinal Tap is hilarious, sorry, your sense of humor blows.) and 2, an intelligence test. If you don't get the metaphor, you are stupid.

So anyways, arguing over light beer reminds me of this. Specifically, from the :48 mark.

k4UJkl6eaGQ

Think of this post in two parts. 1, a sense of humor test. (if you do not think Spinal Tap is hilarious, sorry, your sense of humor blows.) and 2, an intelligence test. If you don't get the metaphor, you are stupid.

So anyways, arguing over light beer reminds me of this. Specifically, from the :48 mark.

k4UJkl6eaGQ

But my specialty hops/homebrewed/handcrafted ale goes to 11

Archived