Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Light Beer Snobbery....what gives????

chipwhich

No, it's a place down in Occoquan called the **** and Bowl. Their menu revolves around mussles and frites (french fries) so they're trying for some authenticity. I believe at least one of the owners (a married couple) is from Belgium.

The food I find to be a little overpriced for what you get, but their Belgian beer list is incredible, though marked up. If you go, try the Rochefort 8, that's quickly becoming my new favorite beer.

Thanks for the heads up Forward, gonna be giving this place a try.

Allagash White is a great beer, but I don't think it counts as light unless Belgian whites are naturally light beers.

I didn't mean to imply that it was in the "light beer"category like Miller or Bud, just that it's a light-bodied/summer time beer like wheat ales, pilsners or whites.

---------- Post added March-9th-2011 at 05:33 PM ----------

Just came back from VT over the weekend, went to the Burlington Brewery or something like that, they had some GREAT unique beers brewed there...the Burly Irish Ale was the best for sure.

If you're ever skiing or driving through the Waterbury area (near Stowe, Sugarbush, Mad River Glen) you should go The Alchemist for some beer. That place is out of this world.

I didn't mean to imply that it was in the "light beer"category like Miller or Bud, just that it's a light-bodied/summer time beer like wheat ales, pilsners or whites..

I get what you mean now. I definitely agree, they're awesome summer beers. I don't think I've had an Allagash White or Hoegaarden since last summer actually.

there fixed it for ya

lol

Why do you drink light beer? Is it because you want fewer calories? Is it because you don't like the flavor of regular beer? Is it because you plan on drinking alot and don't want to get too drunk?

What is you rationale for drinking light beer?

I have asked that same question then thought back how one of our Dept Heads decided to sneak in a keg of near beer at a base function in Sicily which did not fool the taste buds of veteran beer aficionados. He had the nerve to say beer is beer.

None of you have ever heard of the best light beer, is my guess. Genny Light. Cheap and gets the job done... And it's local. Mmmmm. (And by Mmmm I mean I don't know if there is a taste or not, so it takes on the taste of whatever it is you're eating. If you're not eating you're probably so far gone that it doesn't matter in the least :ols:)

None of you have ever heard of the best light beer, is my guess. Genny Light. Cheap and gets the job done... And it's local. Mmmmm. (And by Mmmm I mean I don't know if there is a taste or not, so it takes on the taste of whatever it is you're eating. If you're not eating you're probably so far gone that it doesn't matter in the least :ols:)

Ah Genesee, the beer of kings...or at least the preferred beer of my backwoods Pennsylvania cousins.

By the way, Genny gets bonus points for having a beer spokesman named Chet Hammerton.

Ah Genesee, the beer of kings...or at least the preferred beer of my backwoods Pennsylvania cousins.

By the way, Genny gets bonus points for having a beer spokesman named Chet Hammerton.

Get it right, it's crafted in Rochester, NY. 3+ hours away from those back woods hicks!

Get it right, it's crafted in Rochester, NY. 3+ hours away from those back woods hicks!

I never said where it was brewed, I just said it was the preferred beer of my cousins. And it is. My uncle Chuck pounds Genny Cream Ales non-stop at our family reunions, or at least he used to.

I never said where it was brewed, I just said it was the preferred beer of my cousins. And it is. My uncle Chuck pounds Genny Cream Ales non-stop at our family reunions, or at least he used to.

Cream-Ales... Yeah. Not a supporter.

:)

i know your just joking but there is a little bit of truth to that, the older you get the more inclined you are to not listen to the commercials and get a beer that you enjoy....that and beer guts

I still believe the Man Card police recruitment increased after guys back in the day started Sampling Zima Beer and claimed it was great beer.

I still believe the Man Card police recruitment increased after guys back in the day started Sampling Zima Beer and claimed it was great beer.

FACT: zima was never a great beer, lol

I think that plays into the point though. Teenagers who watch the commercials want zima because it looks cool in commercials, in real life when you outgrow the immaturity of it all you get something that you want or enjoy because you could give two craps what anyone else thinks.

Archived