Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Light Beer Snobbery....what gives????

chipwhich

Natty 30 pack for $13.75! But that's for drinking games. I don't mind drinking lite or dark beers. Then again I'm young when it comes to drinking beer and my tastes will probably change. I'm just now starting to enjoy coffee.

I prefer a heavier beer, but if I am going light I prefer Miller Lite. Bud has a bad aftertaste, Coors is horrible.

Miller Lite is my go to. But I will drink most of them and any of them over a Corona, or Corona Light. I don't know how anyone drinks a Heineken...light or otherwise.

I like Amstel Light and I'd probably migrate to a stand that sold it if I knew one existed nearby. Otherwise miller lite or coors light does the job. Bud light has a after taste for me that I'm not a fan of but it's not bad enough to disqualify it completely.

I will not drink Natty light or Beast of any kind.

Why do you drink light beer? Is it because you want fewer calories? Is it because you don't like the flavor of regular beer? Is it because you plan on drinking alot and don't want to get too drunk?

What is you rationale for drinking light beer?

I don't really drink beer all that much anymore, the only light beer I really never liked was Coors Lite, but I think that had more to do with the fact it was the first beer I ever tried and I didn't really like it too much. Now mind you I still drink, not as much as I used to, but usually keep it to liquor, less carbs/sugar/calories.

EDIT: If I'm gonna drink beer I will drink beer, not lite beer, they pretty much all taste like Natty now

Why do you drink light beer? Is it because you want fewer calories? Is it because you don't like the flavor of regular beer? Is it because you plan on drinking alot and don't want to get too drunk?

What is you rationale for drinking light beer?

I think most want to save on calories, but when you compare light beers to some regular beers you aren't saving much, at least not until you get to the true piss water beers, the ultra-low calorie beers. A beer at 55/64/92 calories? It has ultra low alcohol content so you might as move onto O'Douls or you will be drinking twice as many just to get a buzz, and in the process drink the same amount of calories. A bottle of Bud Light has 110 calories. Guinness Draught has 115. I know some of you don't like Guinness but a beer that many claim is "heavy" tasting has slightly more calories with a full taste. There are other options.

Now, if you are drinking beer just to get hammered, then drink Natty Light or Bud Light Ice. Otherwise if you just enjoy a beer in the evenings drink a regular beer or two.

---------- Post added March-9th-2011 at 09:10 AM ----------

I don't really drink beer all that much anymore, the only light beer I really never liked was Coors Lite, but I think that had more to do with the fact it was the first beer I ever tried and I didn't really like it too much. Now mind you I still drink, not as much as I used to, but usually keep it to liquor, less carbs/sugar/calories.

And which liquor are you drinking? 1oz. of Whiskey has 70 calories and 28g of sugar. Vodka is probably the best choice as 1oz. has 65 calories, no sugar/carbs but 280mg of sodium.

I think most want to save on calories, but when you compare light beers to some regular beers you aren't saving much, at least not until you get to the true piss water beers, the ultra-low calorie beers. A beer at 55/64/92 calories? It has ultra low alcohol content so you might as move onto O'Douls or you will be drinking twice as many just to get a buzz, and in the process drink the same amount of calories. A bottle of Bud Light has 110 calories. Guinness Draught has 115. I know some of you don't like Guinness but a beer that many claim is "heavy" tasting has slightly more calories with a full taste. There are other options.

Now, if you are drinking beer just to get hammered, then drink Natty Light or Bud Light Ice. Otherwise if you just enjoy a beer in the evenings drink a regular beer or two.

And which liquor are you drinking? 1oz. of Whiskey has 70 calories and 28g of sugar. Vodka is probably the best choice as 1oz. has 65 calories, no sugar/carbs but 280mg of sodium.

Clear Vodka, Clear Bacardi w/ Diet Coke or Coke Zero

I don't drink dark liquor anymore...doesn't necessarily bring out the nicest tweedr01 in me

What kind of whiskey has sugar?? Typically any distilled alcohols are zero carb.

Many studies have been done using the big three Light beers (Miller Lite, Coors Light, and Bud Light) in blind taste tests. The results have been conclusive that no one can actually taste the difference (a very small percentage, thus rendering it statistically negligible) between those three.

In fact, Coors Light "when the mountains turn" blue brings it to such a cold temperature that taste buds can't function properly to discern differences in flavor.

People say they can, but science and research says they can't.

I seem to be one of the few who has no trouble the next morning, after drinking lots of light beer. Although I have a strange resistance to hangovers. No matter how terribly drunk I get, or what beer/liquor I drink, I feel great the next morning. Bud Light is my preferred brand, but I'll drink any of them. Coors Light sucks ass though. So does Keystone, but that's the point....its cheap ****. Like drinking PBR. Or Steel Reserve. You know going in.

I was that way at 21 :)

Hangovers didn't start to hit me till around age 25. Now I rarely rarely drink if ever, so 2-3 drinks and the next morning sucks

I typed in nutritional information of whiskey and it said 28G sugar. It didn't list a specific brand.

Not sure where that info is coming from but it's not correct. Hard liquor does not have sugar unless it's added after distilling.

The process of distilling turns sugars into alcohol.

---------- Post added March-9th-2011 at 09:26 AM ----------

I can taste the difference between Bud and the rest....I dont like the rice brewing technique - how in the hell is that considered American?

Yeah right? Corn is the American way baby!

I'm with the OP...I can't really tell the difference between Bud Light or Miller Lite. Now, I can tell the difference between one of those two and Michelob Ultra (or any of those low-low-calorie beers). And, once the beers get a little darker, I can obviously tell the difference between Sam Adams or, say, Blue Moon. But, I never got the whole Red Team (Bud) vs. Blue Team (Miller) before.

I can't tell the difference between the big three, they all taste the same to me. And I drank enough of it in college when that was all we could afford.

I'll admit I'm a beer snot now, I drink mostly Guinness, occasionally a Smithwicks, Harp or Bass, or I'll go to the Belgian place down the road and drink their Trappist beers which are all full flavored. Honestly, if you have the means to afford them, I can't understand why anyone would willingly pick a light beer, there's just no satisfaction in drinking them.

If we are talking cheap beer - Miller High Life...it is so filling, I can only drink two in a sitting

what is it with that beer? i've probably had it twice in my life, and it bloats me. corona does the same thing.

what is it with that beer? i've probably had it twice in my life, and it bloats me. corona does the same thing.

For me, it is good for a cheap beer. Something I can buy a case of and throw in the cooler, then not get mad when everyone starts grabbing them. It's taste is sufficient for cheap beer.

Archived