Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Season Ticket Renewals

bryantlc

Well knock me over with a feather. Just got a call from a very nice lady at the ticket office. She told me 2 seats in my recently upgraded section that were closer to the 50 yard line side of the section came open and she wanted to know if it was all right for her to move me to those. I said SURE! So I was was upgraded a section closer to the 50 and then moved closer within the same row this year. Not used to calls like this. I usually am the one calling.

HTTR

You suck! :evilg:

---------- Post added July-19th-2011 at 01:05 PM ----------

Makes sense. Question -- what do you think happens if say they agree on a new CBA mid-August? Let's say they can still begin the season on September 8, but not also get all 4 preseason games in? Do you think they'd rather cancel a couple preseason games? Or rather play them all and just push back the season a few weeks?

I see. You are one of those eternal pessimist kind of guys. ;)

That would be an interesting decision by the NFL. It it were only one week, I guess they would give up a pre season game or two. But I would only be guessing. Hard to move a lot of the regular season games. For example, the Jets and Giants share a stadium, you have Thursday and Saturday night games. Regular season games bring in more revenue than pre season.

I'm not really going to worry about it until that actually happens.

It's odd, because my online account isn't showing my tickets (still) either...

I called for another reason, and asked about where they were, and I moved down two rows (11 to 9), but 10 seats away from the 50, so I'm not sure if that's an upgrade or not. :ols:

I actually checked "move over" in my preferences, but somewhere along the line that disappeared too, so I'm not sure if that actually got taken into account.

I've had two uppers the past 4 years but haven't renewed as of yet for a few reasons (lack of

$, CBA, moved further away from DC area) but have been thinking of

Calling the ticket office to renew the past few days. Would I be able

To get tickets still?

I've had two uppers the past 4 years but haven't renewed as of yet for a few reasons (lack of

To get tickets still?

I bet they can find a few for you. they may have to sacrifice a few "player returns" in the UL corners, but they may swing it.

To get tickets still?

Call the TO and report back what you find out. And if they do have tickets for you, ask why they have them available if they are supposed to be "sold out". Inquiring minds would like to know, too. :D

Nothing is really "sold-out" anywhere. You can call a Marriott Hotel and get a room even if there is "no vacancy " if you are a platinum member (75+ nights stayed per year), Derek Jeter can probably eat at any restaurant in New York without reservations. There are seats for every NFL team laying around somewhere. They may be scattered single seats, player returns, OV etc, but they are around. Be persistent and something will turn up.

To get tickets still?

I called last week to inquire about adding seats to my account. There were 4 available in section 110. I passed.

That would be an interesting decision by the NFL. It it were only one week, I guess they would give up a pre season game or two. But I would only be guessing. Hard to move a lot of the regular season games. For example, the Jets and Giants share a stadium, you have Thursday and Saturday night games. Regular season games bring in more revenue than pre season.

>>>>>....or they could take the week 1 games and move them to the end of the season like they did the games that were going to be played right after 9/11/2001.......anyways just sayin'. BTW, I'm hoping at least one preseason game gets canned, they don't make it, and realize that four preseason games are unnecessary.

Edited by MarkB452

>>>>>....or they could take the week 1 games and move them to the end of the season like they did the games that were going to be played right after 9/11/2001.......anyways just sayin'. BTW, I'm hoping at least one preseason game gets canned, they don't make it, and realize that four preseason games are unnecessary.

I don't think there is any way they move the Week 1 games off the 10th anniversary of the 9/11 attacks. My guess is that a lot of time and money have gone into planned tributes. I am not saying that can't move it but I would bet it would be a very last resort.

I joined the waitlist in 2008 and this arrived in my inbox today.

Dear ****** **********,

GREAT NEWS! Now that the NFL and Players Union have reached a settlement, the Redskins 2011 season will be played in its entirety as originally scheduled and you are now eligible to purchase 2011 season tickets! Join the Redskins loyal and passionate season ticket fan base and keep seats in your family for generations. Nothing beats the excitement of Redskins football action live at FedExField. Be here for all the action as your Redskins take on their NFC East rivals New York Giants, Dallas Cowboys and Philadelphia Eagles. Don’t miss other exciting matchups against the New York Jets, New England Patriots, and Minnesota Vikings. For your convenience:

Great seating locations start at just $64 per game*

Inside-the-Beltway parking

3-month, interest-free payment plan

And much, much, more...

Purchase by August 12th and receive a complimentary Redskins Replica Jersey.** Choose from Chris Cooley, DeAngelo Hall, and Brian Orakpo. Purchase 4 or more tickets and your Jersey will be AUTOGRAPHED!

To reserve your seats today, call the Redskins at 301-276-6033. Or to place your down payment of $100 per seat, visit www.redskins.com/seasontickets.

I joined the waitlist in 2008 and this arrived in my inbox today.

Dear ****** **********,

GREAT NEWS! Now that the NFL and Players Union have reached a settlement, the Redskins 2011 season will be played in its entirety as originally scheduled and you are now eligible to purchase 2011 season tickets! Join the Redskins loyal and passionate season ticket fan base and keep seats in your family for generations. Nothing beats the excitement of Redskins football action live at FedExField. Be here for all the action as your Redskins take on their NFC East rivals New York Giants, Dallas Cowboys and Philadelphia Eagles. Don’t miss other exciting matchups against the New York Jets, New England Patriots, and Minnesota Vikings. For your convenience:

Great seating locations start at just $64 per game*

Inside-the-Beltway parking

3-month, interest-free payment plan

And much, much, more...

Purchase by August 12th and receive a complimentary Redskins Replica Jersey.** Choose from Chris Cooley, DeAngelo Hall, and Brian Orakpo. Purchase 4 or more tickets and your Jersey will be AUTOGRAPHED!

To reserve your seats today, call the Redskins at 301-276-6033. Or to place your down payment of $100 per seat, visit www.redskins.com/seasontickets.

I wish I could get a free jersey for paying on time......

---------- Post added July-26th-2011 at 01:12 PM ----------

I wonder how many more tickets they need to sell?

lol

and again they actually give incentives to people for not paying by the deadline.

what a joke.

Not sure how they work the payment plan during the season, if they give you all 10 tix up front, or make you wait. Maybe you have to pick up the tix at the TO for each game to make sure your payments have been made accordingly. But the free jersey will probably be provided in August after your first payment.

Just a few weeks ago they told the press that there would be no more STs for waitlisters this year.

Not sure how they work the payment plan during the season, if they give you all 10 tix up front, or make you wait. Maybe you have to pick up the tix at the TO for each game to make sure your payments have been made accordingly. But the free jersey will probably be provided in August after your first payment.

Just a few weeks ago they told the press that there would be no more STs for waitlisters this year.

I believe you get all 10 games right away but if you don't keep paying the installments they will cancel the barcodes on them. I recall this happening last year to someone over in the classifieds section.

Anyone get the Email for the ticket being shipped? I know it should be this week sometime. I am wondering who they put on the tickets this year if they put any players

I just received it this morning. According to the tracking information, my tickets are out on the truck for delivery today.

I don't really post very often but have been monitoring the boards daily for years. Figured that I would share my upgrade. I was in Section 414 row 23 (4 seats) for the past two years and with no CBA in place had decided to pass on paying for tickets. The ticket office made many attempts (phone and e-mail) to get me to pay for tickets. Then it was confirmed that the endzone sections were being ripped out and I got more information that I could relocate my seats to the sideline. I still ignored the offer and was set to watch the season from the comfort of home. Yesterday, I received an e-mail letting me know that tickets for the season were still available and they suggested to call immediately as it is first come, first serve, and not many tickets were left. I decided to email just to see what was available (for curiousity sake). After a few emails and phone calls back and forth, I was upgraded to Section 402 Row 25 (4 seats). Have to say I'm pretty excited to check out the new view. Hopefully we have something to cheer about this year.

Way to play your cards right TaylorNcooley. Had you paid on time, they probably would have moved u to a nearby enzone section. Other STH's who paid and played by the rules this year will be hatin u, but that's how the cookie crumbles.