Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Season Ticket Renewals

bryantlc

6 minutes ago, Hoover-ball said:

You guys crack me up. We are complaining about stands running out of cheese now? 

I don't even understand the consternation over honoring Sean Taylor. It is awesome and I don't see why I would need more advance notice. I am a fan and have season tickets and go to games though. Are there people that would have traveled to this game only because they are retiring 21?

Looking forward to the ceremony.

How much are the Skins charging STH for parking these days?  I know it was $50 per game a few years back, but saw if you buy tickets on the Skins site they are $60 (plus fees). Was just curious......

23 minutes ago, Hoover-ball said:

You guys crack me up. We are complaining about stands running out of cheese now? 

I don't even understand the consternation over honoring Sean Taylor. It is awesome and I don't see why I would need more advance notice. I am a fan and have season tickets and go to games though. Are there people that would have traveled to this game only because they are retiring 21?

It would be like going to the movie theaters and they constantly ran out of popcorn (or whatever item you like) every time. Or the seats were dirty, the bathrooms backed up and over flowing. But sure at least you got to see the movie.

As for the Sean Taylor event. If people can only go to one game then maybe a game honoring Sean Taylor is the one they’d like to go to and lots of people need more than three days to plan. They may have work, kids, or other responsibilities.

Its not a 1 to 1 analogy but what if the NFL told fans the opponent and date a mere day before game and the actual time of it only an hour before. Would be pretty stupid.

Edited by dyst

35 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

How much are the Skins charging STH for parking these days?  I know it was $50 per game a few years back, but saw if you buy tickets on the Skins site they are $60 (plus fees). Was just curious......

It's $50 each for STH. This is one of the (few) perks now that we can get more than what we paid. In addition, you can't buy anything better than Green via Skins (I think it's worse?) so I was able to get $100 for my Orange lot pass for the season opener.

18 hours ago, dyst said:

It would be like going to the movie theaters and they constantly ran out of popcorn (or whatever item you like) every time. Or the seats were dirty, the bathrooms backed up and over flowing. But sure at least you got to see the movie.

Indeed. To further the analogy, it's like you got there 30 minutes early to see the movie, they have a special line (think AMC Stubs Premiere) that you paid extra for to get your popcorn faster, you wait 45 minutes in line and are missing the movie you paid for, and they tell you that they have no butter so they can't give you popcorn. And also no drinks. Or water. And now they can't sell you beer because the movie already started.

Also, the movie you're missing is around 212th movie in a series you used to like (it even won some awards!) but every time you convince your the next one will be better, it almost never is. For example, the first half of the movie is going well and then there's a huge plot hole that any idiot could see coming and it's like the actors just stopped trying and the directors were clueless how to motivate them.

So yeah, you better have my f-ing popcorn and it shouldn't take 45 minutes to get it.

FYI - I texted my ticket rep during halftime of the Saints game because the popcorn stand they used to have by the away endzone bar wasn't there. I asked where to find popcorn now. He texted me back on Monday that they apparently don't sell popcorn anymore at FedEx Field.

Edited by skinsjoy

4 hours ago, Hoover-ball said:

Tickets for Sundays game are selling for as low as $50.   Now look at the Tampa Bay game they are $100+.   The stadium will be 90% Tampa Bay fans, just like the Saints Game last weekend.  Felt like an away game.

14 minutes ago, Howie411 said:

Tickets for Sundays game are selling for as low as $50.   Now look at the Tampa Bay game they are $100+.   The stadium will be 90% Tampa Bay fans, just like the Saints Game last weekend.  Felt like an away game.

Right now on Stubhub when you factor in the fees the cheapest ticket is in the low 70s.  During the Cousins years, when the team was selling to brokers, that ticket could be had the night before the game for in the 20s, fees included. It might not seem like a difference, but I think there's only a certain amount people are going to pay to go. And we don't even factor in getting there, which includes either a mile long walk from Morgan Blvd or shelling out another $75 (including fees)  for a parking pass on Ticketmaster.

17 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

Right now on Stubhub when you factor in the fees the cheapest ticket is in the low 70s.  During the Cousins years, when the team was selling to brokers, that ticket could be had the night before the game for in the 20s, fees included. It might not seem like a difference, but I think there's only a certain amount people are going to pay to go. And we don't even factor in getting there, which includes either a mile long walk from Morgan Blvd or shelling out another $75 (including fees)  for a parking pass on Ticketmaster.

You would seriously have to PAY ME at least $500 to get me to give up 7 hours on a Sunday to go to that dump.  Actually its probably $1,000.

*I should mention Im a former season ticket holder.

Edited by 86 Snyder
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Hoover-ball said:

Damn right!

Concessions, while not very important to me, cuz I'm stuffed after our tailgate, are part of the overall game experience for many.

For folks who don't tailgate,  it's not unreasonable to expect the concessions to not run out of food, before halftime, or too stand in line for so long. 

It's only 10 games a year, so they should have been better prepared.

For fans like you and me, a good view, and a short line for the restrooms,😉,  is all we need, but part of the fun for many is pigging out on stadium food, and the entertainment, both of which fall short at FedEx.  Hell, even in the good old days at RFK, you could get a dog, a beer, and piss in the troughs, in a reasonable amount of time, and the band was fun too watch.

Now, we run out of cheese, 🤣, there is no band,  no cheerleaders,  just that godawful WET of disjointed dancers, and the sad drum corp.  It almost makes you miss the Funky 4🤣🤣😃😃.

Almost.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Yeah, I took my 7 year old son to the saints game and we experienced everything described:

• The dedicated Gold stadium entrance line was way too long. The bottleneck was the entrance to the metal detector area. We should simply be able to flash our gold tickets and they should let us through instead of scrutinizing it. Also, they need to do a better job of making people aware that the line is only for STH. That added to the bottleneck.
  • The dedicated Gold concession (Chicken Kray) line before halftime was way too long because they only had 1 cashier for STH. I pulled out my phone to order via Grubhub but then saw that the estimated wait was 19 minutes and I realized that the skins never sent out the STH 50% off discount code. I texted my rep and she provided the code, passed along my complaint about the lines, and also had the skins send out a push alert to all STH with the discount code. She’s awesome, btw.
  • My son wanted popcorn and I was sure there would be some stand that sold them. Nope.
  • The stand next to my seats (firehouse subs) ran out of ALL sides (chips, candy, nachos, etc). At halftime.

I thought we were supposed to be improving?

6 hours ago, KtotheT said:

Yeah, I took my 7 year old son to the saints game and we experienced everything described:

• The dedicated Gold stadium entrance line was way too long. The bottleneck was the entrance to the metal detector area. We should simply be able to flash our gold tickets and they should let us through instead of scrutinizing it. Also, they need to do a better job of making people aware that the line is only for STH. That added to the bottleneck.
  • The dedicated Gold concession (Chicken Kray) line before halftime was way too long because they only had 1 cashier for STH. I pulled out my phone to order via Grubhub but then saw that the estimated wait was 19 minutes and I realized that the skins never sent out the STH 50% off discount code. I texted my rep and she provided the code, passed along my complaint about the lines, and also had the skins send out a push alert to all STH with the discount code. She’s awesome, btw.
  • My son wanted popcorn and I was sure there would be some stand that sold them. Nope.
  • The stand next to my seats (firehouse subs) ran out of ALL sides (chips, candy, nachos, etc). At halftime.

I thought we were supposed to be improving?

There is a discount for grubhub at the stadium?  Never heard that before.   

For the Gold Lines it seems you can forward you Gold membership when you sell your tickets this is one cause for extra long lines.  As soon as a ticket is transferred that Gold pass should be invalid. 

On a side note I sent a long email to some Execs about the food issues And Gold Line issues.  No one bothered to respond. 

Edited by Howie411

6 minutes ago, Howie411 said:

There is a discount for grubhub at the stadium?  Never heard that before.   

Yep. You get the same half off all concessions deal as the regular lines for Gold members. Otherwise, why would any STH use it?

As for GrubHub, that has its own issues… from the WFT side of course. 
1. sometimes items show as “sold out” but if you check again, they aren’t. 
2. sometimes items are available for purchase but then sell out while you are checking out causing an error. 
3. it will helpfully tell you the wait time but at least one vendor was not updating any orders, thus the app said there was a 40 minute wait and then the order was never completed. It turned out that one person was filling orders as you proceeded through the GrubHub pickup line. Which by then took more time than purchasing the item from the regular line. 

I know that some of this is not WFT alone - service staff shortages are country-wide. Many establishments that have crowds nonetheless are raising their wages as a result. My guess is that WFT has not. 

I haven't been to a game in 5 years and those tickets were from winning bingo at my daughter's school. Took my daughter and was horrible experience. Left at 3rd quarter so my daughter didn't have to keep being exposed to drunk idiots throwing F bombs. A real shame. I used to love going

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/16/2021 at 12:08 PM, ananoman said:

Anybody still going to the games and supporting this franchise are just suckers

Anybody who comes to a season ticket holder conversation to call them names is not using their time any better than those of us who spend Sundays having fun with friends tailgating.

Who is the real sucker?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Hoover-ball said:

Anybody who comes to a season ticket holder conversation to call them names is not using their time any better than those of us who spend Sundays having fun with friends tailgating.

Who is the real sucker?

Hey, I'm a long suffering fan who wants change to happen.  Real change.  And the only way that's gonna happen is if Dan Snyder sees the team.  We've seen great strides in the dwindling paying fan base over the years.  Gone are the long wait lists for season tickets.  Gone are the sellout crowds at Fedex Field.  the WFT now boasts the worst attendance in the entire NFL, but it is not enough.  We need more fans to stop going to games, to stop buying merchandise.  It is the only weapon we have against Dan.  And if the numbers get low enough,  maybe, just maybe, change will happen.

7 hours ago, ananoman said:

Hey, I'm a long suffering fan who wants change to happen.  Real change.  And the only way that's gonna happen is if Dan Snyder sees the team.  We've seen great strides in the dwindling paying fan base over the years.  Gone are the long wait lists for season tickets.  Gone are the sellout crowds at Fedex Field.  the WFT now boasts the worst attendance in the entire NFL, but it is not enough.  We need more fans to stop going to games, to stop buying merchandise.  It is the only weapon we have against Dan.  And if the numbers get low enough,  maybe, just maybe, change will happen.

That is a reasonable argument. I agree nothing would be better than Dan leaving the team. I disagree he will sell based on my going to games. I do not think Dan will sell based on the money the team brings in. He just bought more stakes in the team after all. No matter what I do not have 5, 10 15 years whatever it takes of me not tailgating with friends and enjoying life on an outside hope it effects things largely out of my control. 

I have no problem and understand those who decide to spend their hard earned money elsewhere. They are no more or less fans than myself.

But you did not appeal to us as fellow fans. You came here and called us suckers. We all make mistakes in the heat of the moment but the proper response in the light of day, is "I am sorry".

Hail

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Hoover-ball said:

That is a reasonable argument. I agree nothing would be better than Dan leaving the team. I disagree he will sell based on my going to games. I do not think Dan will sell based on the money the team brings in. He just bought more stakes in the team after all. No matter what I do not have 5, 10 15 years whatever it takes of me not tailgating with friends and enjoying life on an outside hope it effects things largely out of my control. 

I have no problem and understand those who decide to spend their hard earned money elsewhere. They are no more or less fans than myself.

But you did not appeal to us as fellow fans. You came here and called us suckers. We all make mistakes in the heat of the moment but the proper response in the light of day, is "I am sorry".

Hail

You are right.  I should say I’m sorry.  I shouldn’t come here lambasting anyone for the choices they make, as I wouldn’t want anyone to do the same to me.

I would like to apologize for that.

I do wish, however, that fans would consider boycotting the WFT.  Don’t go to games, don’t buy the merchandise.  The NFL does watch what is going on, and it can only help the cause to get Dan Snyder out of the picture.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ananoman said:

You are right.  I should say I’m sorry.  I shouldn’t come here lambasting anyone for the choices they make, as I wouldn’t want anyone to do the same to me.

I do wish, however, that fans would consider boycotting the WFT.  Don’t go to games, don’t buy the merchandise.  The NFL does watch what is going on, and it can only help the cause to get Dan Snyder out of the picture.

All good. Thanks

I have certainly considered it as it is not unreasonable as I said. I don't buy merchandise or food and drink. Merchandise is easy because who buys merch when we don't have a team name. It will be tough though if they pick Red Wolves right before the holidays (As they should) because I would want all of that. I will try to be strong....

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ananoman said:

I am skeptical that the NFL cares at all about game attendance besides an owner proposing to change cities. They care about broadcast contract renewals (which is dependent on ratings) and sponsorships. The emails show that the NFL executives have just as horrific characters as Dan and Bruce.

Dan said he would NEVER change the name until FedEx and Pepsi threatened to pull out. Once he changed course, he sent out an email saying he has decided on a new name after talking with sponsors and will announce it soon. Fortunately, someone (Jason Wright?) told him it was idiotic to not include the fans and focus groups in the decision (I know reporters wrote about it too). My imagined conversation of this was, "We'll keep the colors the same and just call it the Washington Football team for now. We'll sell a bunch of new gear, but not have to change much with the stadium signage even after we rebrand again. Then when we do make the permanent change, we'll sell even MORE new gear but Washington and burgundy and gold will remain so no stadium changes will be needed. Look at Art Modell and the Ravens (who we know you hate, Mr. Snyder, so we can't let folks have the wrong perception and think he's better than you) - they took a long time for the process and built up good will towards the team name and it took off. We have no product on the field and no stars to sell merch and jerseys otherwise. Think of the money we'll make to cover the expenses of the change and not just the money we'll save by not losing sponsors." 
Other ways that came up to save money:

- Change the tickets to all digital so we don't have to rebrand paper tickets or even print them at all.

- Postpone the change another year so we can sell more merch since no one was going to games.

I believe the only things the NFL management and Dan Snyder care about - MONEY and THEMSELVES.

So, ways that a fan can affect those:

- Stop buying merch (not going to happen with the name change)

- Stop buying tickets (already happening but will immediately change if we start winning)

- Stop watching the games on TV.

- Start boycotting sponsors of the team and make it known you will do so until Snyder sells

So, if one does the above, except for the last action, how exactly are they a fan of the team? Perhaps we stop being fans until Snyder sells? 

P.S. Thanks for the apology. It is irksome that people choose to post here to just give us STH a hard time.

Edited by skinsjoy
  • Like 1

I was a season ticket holder for many years, my family had seats on the 50 yard line at RFK and they moved us to the 48 when we went to FedEx, but that didn't matter as most of the fun was at the tailgate.  I finally gave up my tickets several years ago because I decided to stop being a masochist.  

I used to visit this website on a daily basis, this is the first time I have been here this season.  

I used to watch every game I did not attend from start to finish no matter what every week.  So far I have watched exactly one complete game.  

The team has lost me, a native Washingtonian.  

Oh, the weather has been great for the first Sundays of the season.  Had wonderful walks and have been much happier.  

• Like 2

Joe:  You and I have a very similar experience.  My brother and I gave up our tickets that I have had since 1999 and had waited 14 years to get.  A few years ago, my brother gave up two LOWER level tickets that our family has been using since the days of RFK.  I used to be on this site a lot and I think this is the first time I have been here in 2021.  

My buddy kept his two tickets which are in my name, but I plan to transfer them to him once I can find a way to cash in my Redskins Rewards points (are these still around??).  

I've followed the team since 1971, but my interest has been waning of late....

Edited by MarkB452
fixed date