Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Season Ticket Renewals

bryantlc

33 minutes ago, Howie411 said:

Anyone get the below email today offering free gear?   I had 2 credits available.

My options were a Nike shirt (2 credits), or a tumbler, bag or hat (each 1 credit).   I opted for the shirt.

I have not gotten anything so thanks for the heads up. I will reach out.

How are Season Ticket Holders feeling about the new name. Since fans of other teams seem to be posting a lot in other threads. 

Not thrilled with the roll out or the selection process but here we are and my team so will only want criticism from fellow fans not interlopers. LOL

3 hours ago, Howie411 said:

Anyone get the below email today offering free gear?   I had 2 credits available.

My options were a Nike shirt (2 credits), or a tumbler, bag or hat (each 1 credit).   I opted for the shirt.

Today, we are proud to introduce our new team identity - the Washington Commanders.

As we embark on this next chapter, we recognize that so much of our success depends on what’s always carried us – the support, dedication, and passion from our loyal Season Ticket Members.

As a thank you for your support and to help you start your Washington Commanders collection, we are excited to offer you a selection of exclusive gear, on us!

How to claim your gift:
  • Log into ...... using the email address that received this email and redeem your credits for item(s) of your choice
  • Credit allocations are based on number of season ticket seats and membership type
  • Don’t forget to use all your credits as there is a limit to one transaction per account
  • This is in addition to the renewal gift that you will receive based your 2022 renewal

I get an error message.    This is ****ing Redskins....

Redirect Notice
 The previous page is sending you to an invalid url (http://?elqTrack=true).

If you do not want to visit that page, you can return to the previous page.

9 hours ago, Hoover-ball said:

How are Season Ticket Holders feeling about the new name. Since fans of other teams seem to be posting a lot in other threads. 

Not thrilled with the roll out or the selection process but here we are and my team so will only want criticism from fellow fans not interlopers. LOL

I did not get anything either I have six tickets.  Should I send something to my rep.

Edited by Redskins 2021

18 hours ago, Hoover-ball said:

Got it texted to me. Not sure what is wrong with email so thanks for this heads up!

Probably getting two hats.

I went with two hats, too. For some reason, my wife also got an e-mail even though she doesn't have (and never has had) season tickets. But her link led to that same redirect error.

As far as the name, I don't care for it and feel like the whole community input process was a sham. I really like the uniforms though. But, win and none of this even matters.

• Like 2

Thanks for the heads up on the email! My ticket rep responded this morning and I got the t-shirt. 

As far as the name, I’m mostly just relieved / happy to have the name change done. I wouldn’t have chosen Commanders myself but I also wouldn’t have vetoed it. Like others have said (who aren’t general haters), it’s pretty bland. I also don’t love the military tie-in. Hopefully they are serious about having fan input to the mascot and maybe that can make it less militaristic.  I also think it will lend itself nicely to some cool costumes - Star Trek fans can dress like Worf, Data, Riker; Star Wars fans the Mandalorian (Mando has been floated as a nickname), Wing Commander… etc. (just no Nazis or Handmaid’s Tale please). 

As far as the process, well, I don’t expect any better from Snyder. I think Jason Wright is doing the best he can given his constraints (he’ll be fired if he doesn’t make it seem like “Mr. Snyder” is the smartest person in the room). Rumor has it that Commanders was Snyder’s original pick when the team put out that first press release - before whoever convinced him that it was a horrific move to name the team on his own. As I recall, someone on here mentioned going to a focus group led by Code and Theory, who were the brand consultants, that basically was just telling them Commanders was the choice and not really seeking honest input. 

It also seems that people (maybe just the haters…) are forgetting that everything but the name is temporary. So for the temporary things…

The main logo - I liked the WFT “W” better but the new one looks fine as long as there’s a burgundy background (it should be encased in a shape but it isn’t…). 

The crest (aka the patch) - I like this a lot except I wouldn’t have included the Super Bowl years. 

The uniforms - I love the addition of the black away uniform. I also very much like the home burgundy. The white so far looks terrible. I don’t know if it just doesn’t photograph right but the purplish red and lack of gold (I think it’s part of the gradient in the numbers?) are both making it look very off brand. 

The wordmark - nice and clean. 

So what do you think the nickname for Commanders is going to be? Must there be one? All the other 3 syllable teams have shortened versions (Cards, 9ers, Jags, Pats, Bucs). 

Edited by skinsjoy
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, skinsjoy said:

As far as the name, I’m mostly just relieved / happy to have the name change done.

I agree with everything you said. I got too upset on another thread with the overwhelming negative reactions so I will avoid too much more commentary.

I think the mascot might lead to the nickname. I like the idea of a hog dressed as a commander as the mascot then we could be the Hogs just like the Habs and Bolts have nick names that are not short of their actual name.

Other than that Manders is the only thing that I could see. 

On 2/2/2022 at 11:56 AM, Hoover-ball said:

Pretty sure this is my last year with season tickets and as a fan……..it just doesn’t feel like my team anymore.  This whole process was decided by outsiders, and the uniforms designed by the owner’s wife….and they are so desperate to make us feel this isn’t an expansion team that they put a patch on the back of each jersey above the name.  

I just can’t deal with this team anymore.  

• Sad 1

On 2/5/2022 at 9:25 AM, Hoover-ball said:

Anyone go to the rally last night?

I bought a parking ticket, but didn't feel well by the time I got home from work.  Also it was raining and the temperature was supposed to drop below freezing so we decided not the trek through rush hour traffic to the stadium.

I did see a few post of pissed off folks saying they ran out of swag bags after Washington touted multiple times they would have a bag for everyone who attended.

Edited by Howie411
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, ThomasTomasz said:

I just can’t deal with this team anymore.  

Makes sense but hopefully hanging in one more year will help. I hate a lot of what Snyder has done to the team and the roll out but I really don't want him to take away tailgating and enjoying the team, so I will soldier on.

It is easy to like RR and Gibson and Mclaurin etc. 

HTTC (OK that is still to weird)

4 hours ago, Howie411 said:

I bought a parking ticket, but didn't feel well by the time I got home from work.  Also it was raining and the temperature was supposed to drop below freezing so we decided not the trek through rush hour traffic to the stadium.

I did see a few post of pissed off folks saying they ran out of swag bags after Washington touted multiple times they would have a bag for everyone who attended.

I think the problem was people got greedy and took multiple bags at a time it was dark and not like you had to show a ticket to get from your car into the event so you could literally walk out one side walk back in main entrance and have another bag. 

Just got an email about select a seat day. Looks like its in person this year.

Thank you for renewing your 2022 Washington Gold Membership! We look forward to welcoming you back as we enter this historic new chapter of Washington football.

We are excited to announce that this year’s Season Ticket Member Seat Relocation will be held at FedExField beginning on Saturday, February 19th. You will have the opportunity to view the best available seats in person to relocate to or add on for the 2022 season! Click here to RSVP by Wednesday, February 9th.

All members who RSVP will be assigned a specific time based on tenure.

Event will include:

• Exclusive one-day-only upgrade incentives
  • Meet and Greet with Washington Alumni
  • Tour of the Locker Room
  • Complimentary Food and Beverage
  • Chance to view the new Gold Member Club Lounge
Edited by Howie411

2 hours ago, Howie411 said:

Just got an email about select a seat day. Looks like its in person this year.

Thank you for renewing your 2022 Washington Gold Membership! We look forward to welcoming you back as we enter this historic new chapter of Washington football.

We are excited to announce that this year’s Season Ticket Member Seat Relocation will be held at FedExField beginning on Saturday, February 19th. You will have the opportunity to view the best available seats in person to relocate to or add on for the 2022 season! Click here to RSVP by Wednesday, February 9th.

All members who RSVP will be assigned a specific time based on tenure.

Event will include:

• Exclusive one-day-only upgrade incentives
  • Meet and Greet with Washington Alumni
  • Tour of the Locker Room
  • Complimentary Food and Beverage
  • Chance to view the new Gold Member Club Lounge

curious to see when I get my email as ours is the next weekend as new season ticket holders

1 hour ago, Redskins 2021 said:

renewed. 

kinda figured I’m assuming I’ll get mine next week sometime. 

1 hour ago, skinsjoy said:

So this is Seat Relocation - they are combining it with select-a-seat. Interesting. I didn’t get this email either but my rep is working on that…

Do you get more info when you RSVP? Is it only in person and not online?

I believe it’s in person and you’ll get an actual time once you rsvp I think times are decided by longest tenured. So I’ll go the following week as a new season ticket holder and that’s based off when you put your deposit down. But it looks like it’s gonna be a pretty cool event.