Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Season Ticket Renewals

bryantlc

14 hours ago, Howie411 said:

Supposedly the price on these ticket used to be $1100 but recently dropped to $999 (last week, so the ticket office said)

When I picked up my cardboard head in the off season. The ticket reps did mention they were looking at all price levels. They realized they were higher for certain ticket locations. They had planned on lowering ticket pricing. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, KtotheT said:

Ha, there actually weren't any seats available in the 200 section at all on the home side. What you're seeing as available in that screenshot is 103 and 140. I avoid the 100s because I go with my dad for at least a couple of games and I don't want to worry about him having to stand all game.

The best seats, IMHO, are 200's, home side, last row.   

You can stand/sit/whatever to your hearts content and not bother anyone.   You're also under cover.   

If those aren't available, I believe that the last 4 rows on the home 200's are also under cover.    

18 hours ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

The best seats, IMHO, are 200's, home side, last row.   

You can stand/sit/whatever to your hearts content and not bother anyone.   You're also under cover.   

If those aren't available, I believe that the last 4 rows on the home 200's are also under cover.    

Agreed. My current 200 level seats are under cover. Now I’m just looking to move closer to midfield.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, KtotheT said:

Agreed. My current 200 level seats are under cover. Now I’m just looking to move closer to midfield.

They're great seats.

You can't get much better than last row, Skins side, in the 200's.   We're currently in 204 but we won't move because we're sitting next to our friends. 

By some miracle that included great timing,  planning, logistics, frantic phone calls and messaging, the four of us actually managed to move from 236 and snagged 4 seats together, (in 204), a few years ago.  I say miracle, because we have separate accounts.   They're not the last row but, because of the quirky architecture at FedEx, our row 6 seats are still against a  wall,(and the tunnel) so we can stand as much as we want, without bothering anyone behind us.

It was a good move for us, because it put us a very short walk from where we tailgate, and near some other friends and fellow tailgaters, and a little closer to the 50 yard line.  

I should've saved  those frantic text messages...they were hilarious!   You'd think we were planning an invasion 😂

Edited by Skinsfan1311
  • Haha 1

It is nice to see how important having a wall behind you is to everyone. I have had the last row in the stadium, home side, 50 yard line for 9 years. Partly because I am cheap and partly to not having anyone behind me. 

Except for the year they blocked off the back rows. I got the call that I had to move my seats. I said ok give me the new back row. The guy was very confused why I would want last row but did it. Season starts and they realize they gave me the row BEHIND the fence! So I got some corner endzone 200 seats that season for the upper deck price and that was fun but I moved back up.

This year I just moved to 453 row 3 because they have a wall behind them and stairs in front due to quirky design. I can stand or sit to my hearts content.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hoover-ball said:

It is nice to see how important having a wall behind you is to everyone. I have had the last row in the stadium, home side, 50 yard line for 9 years. Partly because I am cheap and partly to not having anyone behind me. 

Except for the year they blocked off the back rows. I got the call that I had to move my seats. I said ok give me the new back row. The guy was very confused why I would want last row but did it. Season starts and they realize they gave me the row BEHIND the fence! So I got some corner endzone 200 seats that season for the upper deck price and that was fun but I moved back up.

This year I just moved to 453 row 3 because they have a wall behind them and stairs in front due to quirky design. I can stand or sit to my hearts content.

Being able to stand is huge.

We moved around the uppers a couple of times, before moving into the lower bowl. We may have stayed up there, but our seats were always on the visitors side and the sun and heat in the early games was absolutely miserable.  That's a shame, because we sat in seats in 431 row 2, in aisle seats.   You walk through the tunnel, hang a left and you're in your seats. The beauty of those is that there is little foot traffic in front, or beside you, because the first 4 rows in the uppers are in front of, (and next to), the steps leading up to the rest of the rows.  If we had to sit in the uppers, I would want seats on the Skins side, rows 2-4.   That's because the rail in the first row is annoying and the drainage sucks, so water pools on the ground in front of you if it has rained, and is an ice rink if it's cold enough.

Edited by Skinsfan1311
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

Being able to stand is huge.

We moved around the uppers a couple of times, before moving into the lower bowl. We may have stayed up there, but our seats were always on the visitors side and the sun and heat in the early games was absolutely miserable.  That's a shame, because we sat in seats in 431 row 2, in aisle seats.   You walk through the tunnel, hang a left and you're in your seats. The beauty of those is that there is little foot traffic in front, or beside you, because the first 4 rows in the uppers are in front of, (and next to), the steps leading up to the rest of the rows.  If we had to sit in the uppers, I would want seats on the Skins side, rows 2-4.   That's because the rail in the first row is annoying and the drainage sucks, so water pools on the ground in front of you if it has rained, and is an ice rink if it's cold enough.

Weird, I was in the first row of the 400 section for a few years (2 different sections) and had no issues with drainage.    Only issue I had was how annoying the plexi glass was.  It was either super dirty or because they were different sizes (it was awards to look to the left as half the view was clear and half the view was through the glass.

4 hours ago, Howie411 said:

Weird, I was in the first row of the 400 section for a few years (2 different sections) and had no issues with drainage.    Only issue I had was how annoying the plexi glass was.  It was either super dirty or because they were different sizes (it was awards to look to the left as half the view was clear and half the view was through the glass.

Either you were luck, or I was unlucky, or a combination of both.   

Row 1, in 431 and a couple of adjacent sections, were pretty bad, with water after rain, and/or snowmelt.

I stated rail, but meant the plexi-glass was. If memory serves, it seems like the top of the glass was at eye-level.

it's been a few years since I've been up there😉

Good deal Howie!  Of the well-over 100 games I've been to at FedEx, I can count on one hand the number I've sat in the 200s, but one of them was the last game I went to in 2018 against the Texans, the unfortunate one for Alex. The crowd in that area (it was on the home side) definitely struck me as old-school, as ones where the ticketholders were either at the game themselves or gave them to family to attend. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/9/2021 at 7:01 AM, just654 said:

When I picked up my cardboard head in the off season. The ticket reps did mention they were looking at all price levels. They realized they were higher for certain ticket locations. They had planned on lowering ticket pricing. 

I bet you they raise everything else, just like what the Orioles did.  Parking went up $5 per game (which isn’t much, admittedly) but concessions went up a truckload across the board, which was odd considering it feels like the Nats lowered parking and ticket prices, and concessions remained flat.  But since this is the NFL, I’m a bit surprised they admitted this. 

10 hours ago, Howie411 said:

Anyone get the email about VIP tickets for training camp?  They were gone within an hour.   How did they prevent any random joe from using that code to get VIP passes.  Anyone could have typed that in.

Yes.

Didn't bother trying.

We had 'em the 2nd year they were in Richmond, and it was a fun weekend, but once was enough.

We preferred the VIP "experience" in Ashburn. 

10 hours ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

Yes.

Didn't bother trying.

We had 'em the 2nd year they were in Richmond, and it was a fun weekend, but once was enough.

We preferred the VIP "experience" in Ashburn. 

We liked it 2 years ago when we took the bus down from Fedex field, they provided breakfast and lunch.   Didn't have to worry about the 2 hour drive each way.  I wish they would have done that again.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Howie411 said:

We liked it 2 years ago when we took the bus down from Fedex field, they provided breakfast and lunch.   Didn't have to worry about the 2 hour drive each way.  I wish they would have done that again.

Yeah....that drive sucks...we stayed in Richmond and had a blast, but once was enough.    Even Ashburn is kind of a hike for us, (we live in the Baltimore metro area), but it was worth the drive with those VIP passes.  After a few TC's with VIP passes, we'll never go again without them.    

I had an interesting night at Fed Ex last night. Last week I got contacted for a Fan Focus Group. This one was centered around the new stadium. I did get a $100 Gift Card to the Team Store. This was not know when signed up. 

The Team has hired a 3rd party group to look at what Fans want in a new stadium. They just started this week. My group was the final focus group. They had one before us yesterday. And many over the past few days. My group had about 8 people in it.

We first started on who we are are, current or past season ticket holder, if we buy single games. What we think the value is and what not. We then got on to location and what is needed to be there. I was the first to answer saying there is really only 1 place for the new stadium and that is the old RFK site. The rest of the 7 people agreed with me. There seemed like a real push by the 3rd party group to push to see if we would travel farther down 95 or farther out west into London. We all pretty much said no even the people that live NOVA. They said traffic on 95 going south is just crazy and out west there isnt the roads that could handle it. 

Then came the real reason we were there. To find out if we would buy season ticket with PSLs. Or a different name but a PSL. The new stadiums have changed the name because PSLs have a bad connation. Once he started to explain I knew what he was talking about. I was first to answer. And said not just No But Hell No!!! That PSLs are a slap in the face to season ticket holders. Dan can afford to build the stadium on his own or with the states help. Of course then they tried to sell it saying that all 14 new stadiums have PSLs and it is a way to raise money for the stadium. Also you would have first right of refusal of any events besides the super bowl that take place in the stadium. 

They focused on General Season tickets, the suggested PSLs ranged from $1,000 a seat for the Upper level Endzone to 20,000 a seat for Lower level Corner. Anyone with Lower Level Sideline would be 20K+ because these are now "Club Level" seats. 

Pretty much all agreed that is was a slap in the face, the team struggles to sell season tickets now. Try to get people to buy an PSLs on top of it, we said yeah right. Of course if something amazing happen and we get good over the next 5-6 years because that is what we were told to look into the future. They might be able to sell this. But I highly doubt it.

So any current season ticket holders get ready for PSLs 

48 minutes ago, just654 said:

I had an interesting night at Fed Ex last night. Last week I got contacted for a Fan Focus Group. This one was centered around the new stadium. I did get a $100 Gift Card to the Team Store. This was not know when signed up. 

The Team has hired a 3rd party group to look at what Fans want in a new stadium. They just started this week. My group was the final focus group. They had one before us yesterday. And many over the past few days. My group had about 8 people in it.

We first started on who we are are, current or past season ticket holder, if we buy single games. What we think the value is and what not. We then got on to location and what is needed to be there. I was the first to answer saying there is really only 1 place for the new stadium and that is the old RFK site. The rest of the 7 people agreed with me. There seemed like a real push by the 3rd party group to push to see if we would travel farther down 95 or farther out west into London. We all pretty much said no even the people that live NOVA. They said traffic on 95 going south is just crazy and out west there isnt the roads that could handle it. 

Then came the real reason we were there. To find out if we would buy season ticket with PSLs. Or a different name but a PSL. The new stadiums have changed the name because PSLs have a bad connation. Once he started to explain I knew what he was talking about. I was first to answer. And said not just No But Hell No!!! That PSLs are a slap in the face to season ticket holders. Dan can afford to build the stadium on his own or with the states help. Of course then they tried to sell it saying that all 14 new stadiums have PSLs and it is a way to raise money for the stadium. Also you would have first right of refusal of any events besides the super bowl that take place in the stadium. 

They focused on General Season tickets, the suggested PSLs ranged from $1,000 a seat for the Upper level Endzone to 20,000 a seat for Lower level Corner. Anyone with Lower Level Sideline would be 20K+ because these are now "Club Level" seats. 

Pretty much all agreed that is was a slap in the face, the team struggles to sell season tickets now. Try to get people to buy an PSLs on top of it, we said yeah right. Of course if something amazing happen and we get good over the next 5-6 years because that is what we were told to look into the future. They might be able to sell this. But I highly doubt it.

So any current season ticket holders get ready for PSLs 

I was there last night too.   Yup was total BS.  They seem to think everyone will want to buy season tickets just because its a new stadium regardless of how bad the team is.   Other then the BS about the PSL was the seating.  Basically anyone in the lowerbowl or middle area were "vip" seats.  Its like if you wanted "general season tickets' you basically had to go to the nosebleed.

Oh also you are more then welcome to finance the PSL for 20 years at 8% interest........   (My Mortgage rate isn't even that bad).

1 minute ago, Howie411 said:

I was there last night too.   Yup was total BS.  They seem to think everyone will want to buy season tickets just because its a new stadium regardless of how bad the team is.   Other then the BS about the PSL was the seating.  Basically anyone in the lowerbowl or middle area were "vip" seats.  Its like if you wanted "general season tickets' you basically had to go to the nosebleed.

Oh also you are more then welcome to finance the PSL for 20 years at 8% interest........   (My Mortgage rate isn't even that bad).

What time was your group? I was the 730 group. I called them out on the BS and they seemed to get really pissed. They were like 14 other teams do it. I said if the other 14 teams juump of a bridge does that mean we have to do it to? I think I pissed out the main guy. I went up to him afterwards and blew me right off. 

4 hours ago, just654 said:

What time was your group? I was the 730 group. I called them out on the BS and they seemed to get really pissed. They were like 14 other teams do it. I said if the other 14 teams juump of a bridge does that mean we have to do it to? I think I pissed out the main guy. I went up to him afterwards and blew me right off. 

I was at the 5:30 one, though its odd, I was actually supposed to go to the 5:30 on on Wed. but I never got a confirmation or a follow up email.  So then I emailed them and they were like oh you can come tonight (Thursday the 8th) at 5:30.   So not sure how many sessions they had or how many emails they sent out cause my email clearly said July 7th 5:30 to 7.   (if it matters the majority of the group I was in had seats in the 400 section except 1 person).

That being said since this was a 3rd party company I couldn't really be pissed at them, but I hope they are passing our concerns onto management.  I did notice they were recording the session.

1 hour ago, Howie411 said:

That being said since this was a 3rd party company I couldn't really be pissed at them, but I hope they are passing our concerns onto management.  I did notice they were recording the session.

Cool, I think they have had 6 groups they said they started this week and 2 sessions each day. We were told we were the last group. 

The reason I got pissed with them is that they are the ones that are going to give the team the report telling saying we should have PSLs. They did the research for the last 14 teams. For them it was just a fore gone conclusion that PSLs are happening 

So this tweet was posted in the "New Start" thread:

The person who tweeted indicated they were asked to not reveal details of the presentation regarding plans for a new stadium, but I was curious about any improvements they have made to FedEx. Is there anything any of you who went out there the past few nights noticed or heard about on that front?

@hail2skins first I have been tweeting with this dude all day. He posted the confidentiality, I called him out on it. Nothing was ever said to keep quiet. Has for FedEx, my group we did not talk about Fed Ex. When we did we were told the team has decided they are not putting by more money to upgrade the stadium experience. Maybe stuff for players ie the new grass