Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Season Ticket Renewals

bryantlc

3 hours ago, SwampEm said:

Offer a deep discount to a non-transferable e-ticket that requires a drivers license to get in.  They did this with the U2 concert for the floor a few years ago and it worked fine. It would be hard to make every ticket non-transferable but lets say that at least one ticket per pair was non-transferible . that way STH's who attend every game can take friends as they like in the other seat. 

They should also close the upper deck completely for a few years, whcih would make tickets hard to get once again, and that would draw more fans because fo the scarcity. Ownership is obviously in it for the long play, and while having the upper deck open may get short returns for big matchups, the better money would be to solidly the STH fanbase downstairs once again. 

Would these STHs still have to pay for pre-season tickets?  I'm skeptical of the drivers license plan as difficult to execute but sounds like you had a good experience with it.

They are going to have issues with attendance until they start winning consistently.  Period.  They can try these tricks, but it's all a band-aid until they start to win, and the best way to do that is by hiring a real GM and doing things the right way.   It's pretty simple actually.   But there's no reason to think it'll actually happen.   If they finally build a real football organization and rebuild, the right way, they'll have an opportunity for sustained success.   The crowds will come back eventually.  That's the only way, especially in this day of declining NFL attendance league-wide.  

Dan could always rent out a high school field with bleachers for the few hundred "REAL" Redskins fans, call them dream seats and charge 1000 a pop.

Maybe the Redskins would get their home field advantage back then. Because they're not getting it back anytime soon in FedEx.

• Like 1

The whole Drivers License to get in for discounted tickets could only be for maybe 2-3K seats just because of logistics of getting these people in the game. The Broncos and Chiefs do this currently, although I think the Chiefs is pure SRO tickets. I did the Broncos tickets a couple years back with Credit Card entry at a reduced cost and were not transferrable. You had to go in through a special gate and it was not the easiest to get in unless you went into the stadium several hours before kickoff.

We are all sitting here wondering what trick Snyder is going to do as a way to try and save face. He always does this type of thing whenever things are at their most dire- Think Gibbs 2.0 and Mcloughan. I cant think of anything that they can do that would get the fans excited for next year. Even if he fires Bruce, it will be a long time coming, but that isnt enough to really get fans excited. That being said, I could see them dramatically changing how they sell their Season tickets including not forcing them to buying preseason games or doing it at discounted rates. 

10 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

Dan could always rent out a high school field with bleachers for the few hundred "REAL" Redskins fans, call them dream seats and charge 1000 a pop.

Maybe the Redskins would get their home field advantage back then. Because they're not getting it back anytime soon in FedEx.

Maybe they could play at Audi Field like the Chargers at Stubhub Center in LA.  I'm kidding but not entirely.  

9 minutes ago, dudleyismydog said:

We are all sitting here wondering what trick Snyder is going to do as a way to try and save face. He always does this type of thing whenever things are at their most dire- Think Gibbs 2.0 and Mcloughan. I cant think of anything that they can do that would get the fans excited for next year. Even if he fires Bruce, it will be a long time coming, but that isnt enough to really get fans excited. That being said, I could see them dramatically changing how they sell their Season tickets including not forcing them to buying preseason games or doing it at discounted rates. 

I don't think just eliminating preseason games would do it, unless the discount on the other games were very substantial.   Why pay for the games you don't want to go to?    I've had season tix since 1998 and I'm out starting this year.   Every year there are about 2 games I either can't go to or don't want to go to, and I usually can't even give them away.  So why pay for those, on top of $50 parking for each, when I could easily just log onto ticketmaster, or walk right up to the FedEx gate, and buy either those tickets or tickets in the same section.   And, I plan on doing that.  I like my section and the guys around me who've had tickets since early 2000s in same section (UL at 50.)  I really think there are lots of people, like me and the guys I go to games with, who feel the same way and will drop their season tix this year.   We've been fed up with the team for years, we're not wild about the stadium, but we like going to 5 or so games a year and sitting in the seats we've had for years.  

On 1/14/2019 at 6:33 PM, hail2skins said:

Czabe mentioned this on his show last Friday and Steinberg posted on Twitter today. The first "look what we are offering" letter this offseason to try and lure folks back:

Even if it's an "honest" 2:1 that's still about $225 per ticket per game for the "good" club seats. That only brings them closer to open market pricing. 

On 1/26/2019 at 12:48 AM, RWJ said:

I hope that season ticket holders don't renew their tickets until things are cleaned up. I used to order NFL Sunday Ticket to watch the Skins play and gave it up 2 years ago.  This team wasn't worth it!

I'm not renewing after 19 years.   But not out of protest.  If it was, I'd have not renewed 10 years ago.   I'm not renewing because there's no point in having season tickets anymore.  I can get into the stadium and sit in basically the exact same section without having the extra cost of season tickets.    I think it's a no-brainer.  If (big IF) the Redskins actually hire a GM and start running the team the right way (and then start winning), I'm sure I can get my season tickets back in the same section, if not the same exact seats.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 1/23/2019 at 3:04 PM, Boss_Hogg said:

So now that Bruce Allen has been given more power on the football and business side of things, is the 20 year waiting list back?

The waiting list is so huge now, since Bruce Allen is back in charge the waiting list is 40 years, but just for you we can throw in season tickets to the most hellish game day experience on earth. Act now and get an autographed picture of Dan Snyder 

• Haha 2

On 1/23/2019 at 5:04 PM, Boss_Hogg said:

So now that Bruce Allen has been given more power on the football and business side of things, is the 20 year waiting list back?

They will flood Stubhub again with $8 tickets, and then crow about fan excitement is back

15 minutes ago, Veryoldschool said:

C'mon guys, renew and then get ready to buy a couple of Next Great Thing jerseys, because Snyder is going bust a move this year and bring a great young dual threat 1 read  QB that will smoke the NFL,  you won't want to miss it!

The sad thing is and I'd never thought I'd say this is the winning the off season is the old school good old days of Dan's reign in relative terms.  They actually won more games under Vinny.  As Sheehan likes to say if they are going to stink at least be fun at it like the old days.  These days you got all the dysfunction of old and you also got Bruce's stamp on the team (some hyperbole to make a point) which is a yawn-boredom-no stars-no frills team.   And somehow the FO according to some who cover the team are mystified about the fan discontent? 

• Like 1

Was listening to Czaban's podcast today and he mentioned that someone had (on the sly) sent him a rendering of what the Redskins are looking at now for a new stadium, which they would prefer to be at the RFK site. Czabe described it as a Cap Center-type lookalike, and that the roof would apparently be nonretractable. I could not find a structure that Czabe describes on the video they have on the RFK Campus website. Czabe also mentioned the presence of a moat with bridges.....he might be confusing it with potential pedestrian bridges across the Anacostia, which are shown on the RFK Campus website.

Anyway, who knows if Czabe's source has any inside knowledge, but if the plan would be to build a totally enclosed, non-retractable roof stadium, I think my interest in going to games would wane considerably.  I wouldn't even be that crazy about going to a stadium with a retractable roof, since teams seem to use any excuse to close such roofs. I prefer the open-air environment at football and baseball games. 

4 hours ago, hail2skins said:

Was listening to Czaban's podcast today and he mentioned that someone had (on the sly) sent him a rendering of what the Redskins are looking at now for a new stadium, which they would prefer to be at the RFK site. Czabe described it as a Cap Center-type lookalike, and that the roof would apparently be nonretractable. I could not find a structure that Czabe describes on the video they have on the RFK Campus website. Czabe also mentioned the presence of a moat with bridges.....he might be confusing it with potential pedestrian bridges across the Anacostia, which are shown on the RFK Campus website.

Anyway, who knows if Czabe's source has any inside knowledge, but if the plan would be to build a totally enclosed, non-retractable roof stadium, I think my interest in going to games would wane considerably.  I wouldn't even be that crazy about going to a stadium with a retractable roof, since teams seem to use any excuse to close such roofs. I prefer the open-air environment at football and baseball games. 

While I agree with you on the stadium, you know Snyder wants to host the Super Bowl, the CFB National Championship and other events like Wrestlemania and concerts where they won't consider him due to not having a domed stadium.  I predicted that long ago as the one thing he wants above all else.  He likes money too much. 

And now to why I logged in today, I received my 2nd call from the ticket office this off-season, both times they've left voicemails letting me know I can call them with any questions and wanting to confirm my contact information.  They are expecting another mass exodus of STH's, not that I blame them, and I feel for some of the folks in the ticket office who are working it because it's a job, and getting reamed out by fans they have to call who don't want tickets anymore.  

• Like 1

On 2/4/2019 at 7:02 PM, Veryoldschool said:

C'mon guys, renew and then get ready to buy a couple of Next Great Thing jerseys, because Snyder is going bust a move this year and bring a great young dual threat 1 read  QB that will smoke the NFL,  you won't want to miss it!

I won't miss it! I will be in front of my 65" HD TV (which costs about as much as 2 tickets to 1 game at Club level Pricing).

9 hours ago, hail2skins said:

Great news!  Hopefully DC and VA do the same and tell Danny Boy, "Thanks, but no thanks".  

I'm just hoping against hope that he'll take this traveling circus elsewhere so that we can eventually get a new franchise in this area.  One that we can all get behind.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, psu2008 said:

For the few of us that still have ST, the 2019 invoices are up on our Redskins account. STH are now part of a rebranding they are calling "Redskins Gold." SMH

the Orioles did something similar this year.  I'm headed to check the website now, but I don't think they are going to add nearly the amount of value to the package that the Orioles did.