Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Season Ticket Renewals

bryantlc

2 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

Confused. Aside from apparently discontinuing the 200 OVs (aka "the cave") and upper level SROs to season ticket sales, what is the organization doing to keep opposing fans out?

It sounds like they are punishing people who have sold their tickets online.  I'm just assuming it's aimed at a desire to keep season ticket holders aka redskins fans as the ones who attend the games, instead of an opposing fan buying them second hand.  Or is it solely because they sold them through a third party platform and not their own?

8 hours ago, KillBill26 said:

It sounds like they are punishing people who have sold their tickets online.  I'm just assuming it's aimed at a desire to keep season ticket holders aka redskins fans as the ones who attend the games, instead of an opposing fan buying them second hand.  Or is it solely because they sold them through a third party platform and not their own?

They actually aren't even meaning to punish fans that sold their tickets online. So what happened, is the ticket office allowed access to the digital tickets before the hard tickets were sent to the printing company. If you sold or transferred your digital tickets, it caused your hard tickets not to get printed. When you stop and think about it. That makes sense. The problem comes is the ticket office did not know this was going to happen. Looking back on it, they told me they should have had a warning banner pop up saying if sell or transfer you don't get hard tickets. This digital ticketing system is a learning process for the ticket office as well. I fell like they went 50/50 this year on it instead on 100%. There should be a season ticket holder card. That has your seats on it and the concession stand can scan. I think the set up the NATS have with NATS Access is something the skins should look at.

I am not sure the amount % off on the cessions stands. I think it is like 25%. Save a couple bucks on stuff.

I have also heard for the people that did not get the nice hard tickets there will be a set of tickets you can order to have the hard copy. I don't know the price or if this is something they will give for free.   

• Like 1

Seems like more of the same from this organization.  So much for them acknowledging there is no wait list and announcing an enhanced fan experience.  I understand they don't want to send you paper tickets if you already sold some electronically; unsavory people can sell their seat twice and cause a load of issues.  However, they should still send the ticket box out with all the promotional items as one poster mentioned.  

3 minutes ago, Mr. S said:

Seems like more of the same from this organization.  So much for them acknowledging there is no wait list and announcing an enhanced fan experience.  I understand they don't want to send you paper tickets if you already sold some electronically; unsavory people can sell their seat twice and cause a load of issues.  However, they should still send the ticket box out with all the promotional items as one poster mentioned.  

You can get the box, just have to call the ticket office to get it now.

A 3rd party company does all the printing and packaging of tickets. So, if you don't get hard tickets the printing company doesn't know to send you a box. The ticket office got all the extras on Thursday/Friday of last week. Give them a call and I am sure they will fedex out the package to you.

2 minutes ago, just654 said:

You can get the box, just have to call the ticket office to get it now.

A 3rd party company does all the printing and packaging of tickets. So, if you don't get hard tickets the printing company doesn't know to send you a box. The ticket office got all the extras on Thursday/Friday of last week. Give them a call and I am sure they will fedex out the package to you.

Is it just the adverts and the 2018 season ticket holder pins?

6 minutes ago, Hoover-ball said:

Is it just the adverts and the 2018 season ticket holder pins?

The box includes 1 Season ticket holder pin, USB Drive, and portable cell phone charger. The USB drive has information on the digital tickets, highlights, parking map and 1 other thing.  

12 hours ago, KillBill26 said:

I think this was just a snafu.  There is truly no point in them trying to keep opposing fans from buying from season ticket holders -- there are thousands of tickets all throughout the stadium available at face value on ticketmaster.    

3 hours ago, Ashburn Dave said:

screwed on the resale when you can't make a game :)

I'm curious to see how the new dynamic pricing ends up affecting prices on the secondary market. Tickets for the Dallas game for example are $175 in my section (UL, sideline).  I wonder if that'll generally hold on the secondary market or if prices will drop to pre-dynamic pricing levels.   The Houston game is $100 for comparison's sake.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Coach Janky Spanky said:

I'm curious to see how the new dynamic pricing ends up affecting prices on the secondary market. Tickets for the Dallas game for example are $175 in my section (UL, sideline).  I wonder if that'll generally hold on the secondary market or if prices will drop to pre-dynamic pricing levels.   The Houston game is $100 for comparison's sake.

It will all be about supply and demand.  The face value on the tickets will be irrelevant.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, just654 said:

They actually aren't even meaning to punish fans that sold their tickets online. So what happened, is the ticket office allowed access to the digital tickets before the hard tickets were sent to the printing company. If you sold or transferred your digital tickets, it caused your hard tickets not to get printed. When you stop and think about it. That makes sense. The problem comes is the ticket office did not know this was going to happen. Looking back on it, they told me they should have had a warning banner pop up saying if sell or transfer you don't get hard tickets. This digital ticketing system is a learning process for the ticket office as well. I fell like they went 50/50 this year on it instead on 100%. 

Gotcha, thanks for clarifying.  So it's just poor management.  Why am I not surprised?

Wait a second, wait a second... Are you trying to tell me that the Redskins rolled out a new operation with their digital tickets and parking passes and didnt think things through thus creating unnecessary confusion? Nahhhhhhhhhh

And then people tried to talk to the ticket reps and were told different things depending on who they talked to? Man, this is crazy... I cannot believe this is happening

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 8/14/2018 at 7:11 AM, just654 said:

They actually aren't even meaning to punish fans that sold their tickets online. So what happened, is the ticket office allowed access to the digital tickets before the hard tickets were sent to the printing company. If you sold or transferred your digital tickets, it caused your hard tickets not to get printed. When you stop and think about it. That makes sense. The problem comes is the ticket office did not know this was going to happen. Looking back on it, they told me they should have had a warning banner pop up saying if sell or transfer you don't get hard tickets. This digital ticketing system is a learning process for the ticket office as well. I fell like they went 50/50 this year on it instead on 100%. There should be a season ticket holder card. That has your seats on it and the concession stand can scan. I think the set up the NATS have with NATS Access is something the skins should look at.

I am not sure the amount % off on the cessions stands. I think it is like 25%. Save a couple bucks on stuff.

I have also heard for the people that did not get the nice hard tickets there will be a set of tickets you can order to have the hard copy. I don't know the price or if this is something they will give for free.   

I went to the fan forum at Fedex field a couple of months ago and everyone there said they hated the digital ticket idea.  And 1 lady mentioned her rep told her that for the 2019-20 season it will all be digital. I don't remember if it was Jake Bye or one of the other new guys at the front office, but he said that is totally incorrect and they plan on having hard tickets for the foreseeable future.  Now weather he was telling the truth is another thing....

22 hours ago, HOF44 said:

It will all be about supply and demand.  The face value on the tickets will be irrelevant.  

Yep, we couldn't even get $50 for our two LL seats w/green parking last year during the second half of the season for any game we couldn't make.  Didn't matter the ticket face value.

Was almost regretting our decision not to renew this year after the draft and the buzz of having a good defense and running game but after all the injuries since camp opened that feeling is way past and glad I'm still out especially with the kneeling going on again.  NFL needs to keep politics out of the game regardless of your side.

3 hours ago, Ashburn Dave said:

Was almost regretting our decision not to renew this year after the draft and the buzz of having a good defense and running game but after all the injuries since camp opened that feeling is way past and glad I'm still out especially with the kneeling going on again.  NFL needs to keep politics out of the game regardless of your side.

Not sure where your former seats were but maybe they're still available for you to buy game to game, or somewhere close.   The only reason I've been renewing is that I really like my section (UL sideline on the 50) and the guys there.   But there are dozens of seats available in my section including in the row in front of me.  Next year I think I won't renew and then I'll just buy the games that I actually want to go to, and won't have to pay for preseason.  And won't have to eat the cost on the 1-2 games each that I can't attend.     

4 hours ago, MarkB452 said:

They had an event for Fan Captains a few years ago and we had dinner in the new (at that time) cafeteria.  The food was great...Enjoy!

Hey, I never got invited to that! There's that communication problem again.

3 hours ago, Coach Janky Spanky said:

Not sure where your former seats were but maybe they're still available for you to buy game to game, or somewhere close.   The only reason I've been renewing is that I really like my section (UL sideline on the 50) and the guys there.   But there are dozens of seats available in my section including in the row in front of me.  Next year I think I won't renew and then I'll just buy the games that I actually want to go to, and won't have to pay for preseason.  And won't have to eat the cost on the 1-2 games each that I can't attend.     

Dave was in Section 238 behind me.....

On 8/13/2018 at 10:35 PM, hail2skins said:

Confused. Aside from apparently discontinuing the 200 OVs (aka "the cave") and upper level SROs to season ticket sales, what is the organization doing to keep opposing fans out?

Lots of teams in all the sports leagues have this same problem. Some have tried a number of things to limit visiting teams fans but no team has really found a good solution; mostly just for playoff games. It's a free market and they cannot control the resale of season tickets. For that matter, they can't control who gets season tickets. I know cowgirl and pigeon fans who live in the DMV and go to Redskins games because they love NFL football. The bonus is when their team shows up. You can't go by address because lots of Maryland fans are Ravens fans and I live in pigeon country (Central PA). Exactly what do you want the Redskins to do to prevent visiting team fans from attending games?

Season tickets cost a boatload of money. I don't blame a STH for reselling their tickets to some games so they lower their total STH cost. The other problem is a lot of  companies buy season tickets and give them to employees and customers as rewards. Can't stop them from giving them to certain NFL fans. And the DMV  is a huge mixing pot of people from all across the country because DC is the seat of our country's government. We have fans from all over the country here unlike Green bay Wisconsin, for example.

Everyone thinks this is a Redskins problem and it is not. The internet allows visiting team fans to purchase tickets to any stadium for any sport in the country. If you see any stadium shots from large cities on Sunday, you see LOTS of visiting team fans in most any market. Heck, tens of thousands of Redskins fans show up in Dallas, San Diego, Arizona, New York, Charlotte, etc.

Eliminating excess seats at least keeps it to STH and whoever they resell to.

On 8/9/2018 at 11:16 PM, tshile said:

That would be closer to me but there’s zero chance I can afford it

Yeah, I don't get this whole...."I'll never go to a game in Virginia!" Hey all you Maryland fans....people from Virginia have been traveling to your state since FedEx opened. It's not like you are traveling over seas. Hell, I travel from Pennsylvania to FedEx. People travel from all over the East Coast to go to MD. To me, VA or MD is about equidistant for me; just a different route. Dumbest argument ever.

I agree with tshile though, PSLs will pretty much kill any chance I continue as a STH. I'm not paying thousands of dollars for the privilege to spend  $3-4,000 more each year to buy two season tickets. I only have so much disposable income for my vice. I'm not mortgaging my house for the Redskins. As others have, I'll resort to buying a few games on Stub Hub.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SonnyandSam said:

Hey, I never got invited to that! There's that communication problem again.

Dave was in Section 238 behind me.....

We were there for the dinner and it was OK not great.  Think they might have served steak even and it was OK.  Nice that they offered this for the fan captains.

Yep to 238 and probably could have kept moving toward the 50 the way the cancellations are going this year.  Nice job getting to the 40 I think you posted.

Decided to buy a club level ticket for $20 and go to the game tonight. When I got upstairs I went to the table to get literature I told them that I had been a club level STH for 10 years in the past and the gentleman said "oh, so can we expect you back?" I said probably through Stubhub and he said that secondary market prices are going to skyrocket and that changes are coming that is going to tighten up the secondary market to make it harder for non-Redskins fans to get tickets and that he'd hate for me to not be there for the Dallas game. I said "We'll see."  The listing had sideline clubs for 7500, goalline clubs for 5750, corner clubs for 4500, and dream seats for 7300. Price negotiable depending on length of contract.

Half hour before game time, got a case of the munchies and headed over to the Johnny Rockets stand for a chocolate milkshake. Nope, choco milkshake not available.  Thanks Skins!  Of course, they'd be more than happy to take my money for the $100 buffet. Looks like STH will get a $1-2 discount on food items, but not on any sort of drinks.

Last preseason game I went to was in 2015 when the Lions ate RG3 for dinner. Recollections of that game are hazy, but I remember there were significantly more people at that game than there were tonight. Others might have different opinions, but I think tonight's crowd was shockingly low. Yes, I know, just a preseason game, but still. 

Somewhere on this board someone posted there was a rumor that the Redskins were removing the obstructed view seats or not selling them. Well, neither is true. I was at the Jets game tonight and all the obstructed view seats were there and some people were sitting in them. I assume they had tickets because there were tens of thousands of better seats they could have squatted in.

STHs will get about $1 to $1.50 off of food but I saw no discounts for drinks of any kind. The discounted prices are posted on the boards next to the regular food price. Scan your ticket to get a discount....which makes no sense. IF I as a STH sell my ticket to someone, they get a discount. Might not work on the sold electronic tickets maybe. But paper tickets should work for anyone.

The new end zone bar is pretty cool and should attract upper deck folks to watch from the end zone. The band is up in the corner of the club level; could hardly see them wearing burgundy sitting on burgundy seats in front of a burgundy wall. Not very well thought out.

Same old Redskins...march up and down the field between the 20  yard lines and can't score in the red zone. Disappointing. The front 7 on defense did look outstanding. Our running game pretty much sucks without Guice. Maybe if Perine played longer he may have shown more after his 30 yard plus run. I'm done with Kelly. I hope Gruden is over his man crush on the guy. 7 carries for 17 yards....yeah...that will be an impressive running attack.....again.

2 minutes ago, SonnyandSam said:

Somewhere on this board someone posted there was a rumor that the Redskins were removing the obstructed view seats or not selling them. Well, neither is true. I was at the Jets game tonight and all the obstructed view seats were there and some people were sitting in them. I assume they had tickets because there were tens of thousands of better seats they could have squatted in......

The new end zone bar is pretty cool and should attract upper deck folks to watch from the end zone. The band is up in the corner of the club level; could hardly see them wearing burgundy sitting on burgundy seats in front of a burgundy wall. Not very well thought out.

Yeah S&S, a Skins official was quoted in a WaPo story that at least some of the OV seats were not going to be sold as season tickets anymore, and I believe that's also the case for the upper level standing room areas as well. Maybe those seats/areas are being made available on a single-game basis.

I like the end zone bar, but of course it was something that existed when the stadium first opened before Dan added the seats below the minitrons in both end zones. Don't know why they didn't remove the seats from the other end zone and put a bar there as well. Think the WaPo stpry mentioned perhaps they'll duplicate the bar in the east end zone next season.