Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Season Ticket Renewals

bryantlc

I contacted the ticket office. Somehow it was a glitch in their system, which they fixed. The basically had moved me from one corner of the end to the other side of the field, which I thought was odd. They corrected it and now my invoice is blank, just like everyone else's. The guy at the ticket office told me he keeps hearing "any time now" but they are not being told when that is. I've been constantly told that we should know something the end of May or the beginning of June, however.

End of May/Beginning of June has been the standard line.

There's no reason to think they're lying.

The upgrade process is probably a nightmare that literally takes a month. As a CS major/Programmer, I can understand the problems that arise from trying to 'automatically' upgrade 80k seats. You ahve to remember a lot of people have very specific requests - a computer cannot process those, a person has to do that. So i'm sure the computer system gives them a few 'rough' layouts to go with and they pick one then do manual manipulation.

I can imagine it's very time consuming. I'm actually surprised they don't charge a fee to be upgraded :)

Chess,

Tshile's answer is correct. I would add as a clarification that you MUST call the ticket office and ask them to add a note to your account that you want to be moved to the home side of the field. You cannot do that as part of your online auto upgrade process. When I moved down to the lower level two years ago, I had already placed a note on my account to be put on the home side and got placed on the home side end zone while almost everyone who moved down that year reported being placed closer to the visitor side or center end zone.

This year I am asking to be "downgraded" to the 200 level. We see if it works. The TO agent will tell you they cannot guarantee anything.

Appreciate the response :) This helps out

End of May/Beginning of June has been the standard line.

The upgrade process is probably a nightmare that literally takes a month. As a CS major/Programmer, I can understand the problems that arise from trying to 'automatically' upgrade 80k seats.

Now 75k. Now 70k. Soon to be 55k... ;)

I'd go the other way, as a professional programmer myself (for about 14 years; sheesh). You make the system, it does the upgrades according to what you've programmed, and POW, you're done. Until schmoes start calling and complaining; then it gets messy.

But still, if you've figured in some wiggle room, it should be relatively painless -- after you've used and fixed it enough to get to version 1.2. Now once 2.0 hits, all bets are off again...

Now when does Tag-a-Seat day happen? Every day that passes is another day for me to talk myself out of buying a pair of OVs, Danny.

Chess,

Tshile's answer is correct. I would add as a clarification that you MUST call the ticket office and ask them to add a note to your account that you want to be moved to the home side of the field. You cannot do that as part of your online auto upgrade process. When I moved down to the lower level two years ago, I had already placed a note on my account to be put on the home side and got placed on the home side end zone while almost everyone who moved down that year reported being placed closer to the visitor side or center end zone.

This year I am asking to be "downgraded" to the 200 level. We see if it works. The TO agent will tell you they cannot guarantee anything.

So I called the TO... they noted my account... He said actually alot of folks request to be on the visitor side because of the sun and how it sets... Doesnt shock me... but he said its alot of folks... I am not sure if I buy that or not......

It isnt that bad of a deal, being in 130 I am closer to sideline, so we shall see what happens if I get bumped over this year or not :)

So I called the TO... they noted my account... He said actually alot of folks request to be on the visitor side because of the sun and how it sets... Doesnt shock me... but he said its alot of folks... I am not sure if I buy that or not......

It isnt that bad of a deal, being in 130 I am closer to sideline, so we shall see what happens if I get bumped over this year or not :)

There are pros and cons to each side. In the winter, the visitor side is in the sun and is MUCH warmer than the shade on the home side. I've sat in both. On the other hand, hot days of August and September can be brutal in the sun. A few years ago, folks at the first September home game were dropping like flies of heat exhaustion and dehydration when the temp soared over 90 F.

The big concern by folks in the lower level visitor side are all the obstructed view seats create more congestion in the bathrooms and food/drink stands....just more crowded. And of course, you are more likely to sit by large groups of visiting fans.

I would think there are more regular long time fans on the home side so fewer openings and less opportunity for an upgrade. With all the visiting fans on the visitor side over the years, I have to believe those seats either turnover more quickly and/or are owned by brokers. Both more likely to affect demand IMHO.

Enjoy your seats! This season should at least be exciting with RG3 on the field. Hopefully, we see more wins, too.

Everyone has different priorities of what is important about seat location. You just have to make your own decision.

I agree with SonnyandSam about the visitors side. I used to like it until this year. I sat there at the Patriots and Jets games and not only was I surrounded by visiting fans (the Jets fans are by far the worst) but I was wearing sunglasses and a hat, and still had to hold my hand over my eyes to see from the strong sun. I never recall that before, but it must be a December thing.

There are pros and cons to each side. In the winter, the visitor side is in the sun and is MUCH warmer than the shade on the home side. I've sat in both. On the other hand, hot days of August and September can be brutal in the sun. A few years ago, folks at the first September home game were dropping like flies of heat exhaustion and dehydration when the temp soared over 90 F.

The big concern by folks in the lower level visitor side are all the obstructed view seats create more congestion in the bathrooms and food/drink stands....just more crowded. And of course, you are more likely to sit by large groups of visiting fans.

I would think there are more regular long time fans on the home side so fewer openings and less opportunity for an upgrade. With all the visiting fans on the visitor side over the years, I have to believe those seats either turnover more quickly and/or are owned by brokers. Both more likely to affect demand IMHO.

Enjoy your seats! This season should at least be exciting with RG3 on the field. Hopefully, we see more wins, too.

Everyone has different priorities of what is important about seat location. You just have to make your own decision.

I agree 100% with your comments and they are spot on... Reason being, Where my seats are now in LL, you see the seats taken by visiting fans, and its not just 1 or 2, its 5,6,7,8 etc you get the point....

I will just wait to see what happens no big deal :) I just hope to get closer to mid field :)

Does anyone have any idea when the tickets will be shipped this year? Last year I know they came late because of the strike but does anyone recall when they have arrived in previous years?

Thanks!

Last year I received them July 28th. The year before, I think it was about 4 days earlier.

Hail!

Just got this email for Tag A Seat Day... I'm kind of surprised they're still hosting this event. Notice the phrase "Limited View Terrace". There is no mention of the 'obstructed view' seating category as officially defined by the team.

As a member of the LOUD CROWD at FedExField, you are cordially invited to add additional Limited View Terrace seats or exchange your current Limited View Terrace seats for a better location!*

Prices start at just $290 per season ticket package! (plus tax)

Additionally, there are a limited number of on-site parking passes available for purchase, on a first come first served basis at $350 for the season!

Simply reply to this email to RSVP to this event!

You must bring this invitation to the event in order to select your seats.

Seats are available in the Limited View Terrace sections of the Lower Bowl.

Place: FedExField (Suite Entrance at NRG Gate A)

When: Saturday, June 9th

Time: 9:00 a.m. until 12:00 p.m.

Parking: Free parking available in Lot A across from the Ticket Office

Yes, I got one too. What is odd is I don't have any Terrace seating, I only have obstructed seating, yet they sent me this anyway. The other odd thing is the price. Terrace seating is more than $29. What did they do, drop the price? Seems odd.

Ditto Homer. My STs are full OVs also. The prices advertised here don't make sense.

Glad to see you back! Twas a tad worried about you. Hail!

Another email offer to purchase STs on my waiting list account. Free lower level soccer tickets. I'd much rather have the RG3 jersey.

"Hurry! Only a limited number of 2012 Redskins season tickets remain. Don't miss this opportunity to see RG3 and Company this fall at FedExField! Tickets start as low as $64* per game.

Place your down payment by Tuesday, May 29th, and as a signing bonus you'll receive complimentary LOWER LEVEL tickets** (a $110/seat value) to the USA vs. Brazil men's soccer match on May 30th!

Be a part of the Redskins' loyal and passionate fan base and keep seats in your family for years to come. Nothing beats the excitement and pageantry of Redskins football action live at FedExField!

To reserve your seats today, simply go to www.redskins.com/seasontickets, or contact the Redskins for more information at 301-276-6033 or by email at seasontickets@redskins.com.

*One-time activation fee of $100 per seat will be waived. Taxes and shipping extra.

**Complimentary tickets received will be equal to the number of season tickets purchased."

RFK FedEx,

I got that one, too. Looks like one last push before they start the auto upgrade. Darn! I was hoping to know by this weekend where the new seats will be! Oh well, more to look forward to, I suppose.

I received a similar email concerning the purchase of additional seats:

As a valued season ticket holder, you may be eligible to purchase additional season tickets for the 2012 season. Hurry! Only a limited number of 2012 Redskins season tickets still remain.

Purchase your additional seats by Tuesday, May 29th, and you'll receive complimentary LOWER LEVEL tickets* (a $110/seat value) to the USA vs. Brazil men's soccer match on May 30th!

The auto upgrade process will begin soon and it is important to contact us as soon as possible to ensure you get your additional seats adjacent to your current seats.

Call the Redskins for more information at 301-276-6033 or email seasontickets@redskins.com.

Is this under the completed invoice section? Mine have been gone from the front page for awhile now

Yes, mine is missing from the front page but still shows the existing 2012 CY invoice in the completed invoice section. If I remember from last year, for a period no seats would show up even in the completed invoice section. Hard to remember for sure as they have made some changes to the site...