bryantlc

Season Ticket Renewals

Recommended Posts

14 hours ago, chess said:

 

if PSL's happen alot of folks including myself are prolly gonna drop.....

 

Agreed, I'm not doing it, nor am I going to migrate to VA if that's what they decide to do.  However, the trend in all sports is going smaller because of the stagnating markets and the increased in-home experience, so I imagine that they are assuming some sort of drop-off with just shrinking the size of the stadium.  No way is it going to be anywhere close to Jerry World- I would expect it be near the 65,000 or so capacity of the new 49ers stadium. 

2 hours ago, josh35b said:

Get ready for this. So I am a 15 year season ticket holder. My current seats are in section 121. I have yet to receive my tickets in the mail. I called today to ask when they will be sent. I was informed that because I already sold some games online and transferred the tickets that they weren't allowed to print them. So I said what about the 6 games I didn't sell? They said they would be happy to print them and send them overnight. I said but these won't be the colorful season ticket stock. She said correct. Then I said well what about the nice package with the free goodies? She apologized but said I wouldn't be getting that either. She said I can print my parking passes starting tomorrow and she will overnight me the 6 games on regular box office stock. I told her the reason I pay a premium for season tickets is I enjoy getting that package in late July with all my tickets and I like keeping the stubs as souvenirs. I told her I might as well just save money and buy them on stubhub. I told her that they should have told us this upfront and I would have held off selling the games I can't make. She just apologized again but said there wasn't anything that could be done. I'm done. This is definitely the last year for me. I paid well over $3,000 for tickets and parking and get nothing better than Joe Schmo who bought tickets from stubhub and saved 30% or so probably. This is after they removed my additional standing room seats from my account without them telling me. Had to come on ES to find out they aren't selling SROs to season ticket holders anymore.

 

The biggest thing is I wouldn't have found out about this if I hadn't called them. I feel at the very least they should have shipped me an empty box with the goodies thanking me for my purchase. Bonus would be to include the $500 parking passes and 6 games worth over $1800 that I haven't sold.

 

I really thought I would be a season ticket holder for life. I understand I could save money buying off stubhub. But it was never about that. Well if this is how I am treated then it will just be about the money from now on.

 

That's terrible, and indicative of the customer service experience across the board there.  When a STH of 15 years can't get the gifts sent to him that the rest of us got......not to mention those who didn't renew received as gifts- it's a horrible look and all you can think about is that they don't care about you now that they have your money.  The Joe Theismann ads are creepy, and they just sent me an email about great seats still being available.  While I like to think LaFemina can turn around the business side of things, it's ultimately going to be a sustained, winning football CULTURE (not just team) that brings the fans back.  You need to build it up like the Patriots, Steelers, Packers and Seahawks have done, competitive year in and out via the draft, no funny business with the team, etc.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, ThomasTomasz said:

I am trying to hold out as long as possible until they do the inevitable move to VA

That would be closer to me but there’s zero chance I can afford it

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, ThomasTomasz said:

 I like to think LaFemina can turn around the business side of things.....

Put this in the GDT, but cracked me up seeing him on the broadcast touting the open end plaza in one of the end zones. If only they had thought of that when the stadium opened in 1997...…...oh wait!  Next thing you know, they are going to say, wouldn't it be cool if they had an area where kids could kick field goals, throw passes, run through obstacles...…………...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, josh35b said:

Get ready for this. So I am a 15 year season ticket holder. My current seats are in section 121. I have yet to receive my tickets in the mail. I called today to ask when they will be sent. I was informed that because I already sold some games online and transferred the tickets that they weren't allowed to print them. So I said what about the 6 games I didn't sell? They said they would be happy to print them and send them overnight. I said but these won't be the colorful season ticket stock. She said correct. Then I said well what about the nice package with the free goodies? She apologized but said I wouldn't be getting that either. She said I can print my parking passes starting tomorrow and she will overnight me the 6 games on regular box office stock. I told her the reason I pay a premium for season tickets is I enjoy getting that package in late July with all my tickets and I like keeping the stubs as souvenirs. I told her I might as well just save money and buy them on stubhub. I told her that they should have told us this upfront and I would have held off selling the games I can't make. She just apologized again but said there wasn't anything that could be done. I'm done. This is definitely the last year for me. I paid well over $3,000 for tickets and parking and get nothing better than Joe Schmo who bought tickets from stubhub and saved 30% or so probably. This is after they removed my additional standing room seats from my account without them telling me. Had to come on ES to find out they aren't selling SROs to season ticket holders anymore.

 

The biggest thing is I wouldn't have found out about this if I hadn't called them. I feel at the very least they should have shipped me an empty box with the goodies thanking me for my purchase. Bonus would be to include the $500 parking passes and 6 games worth over $1800 that I haven't sold.

 

I really thought I would be a season ticket holder for life. I understand I could save money buying off stubhub. But it was never about that. Well if this is how I am treated then it will just be about the money from now on.

Sorry to hear about your predicament. My experience today with the ticket office was similar.

 

We have had season tickets going back to the Griffith Stadium days (75+ years). When I called to find out where they are, I was told that since 2 tickets to a PRESEASON game had been sold on ticketexchange, NONE of my tickets or parking passes would be shipped. We paid $8200 for six season tickets and 2 parking passes and this was paid back in April....over 4 months ago. And since two seats to a preseason game were sold, nothing from the $8200 season ticket package would be shipped, including the couple of freebie souvenirs that even non-season ticket holders received.   

 

This is the last year for season tickets for us. I never thought I would say that. I was hopeful that the new people in business operations would emphasize improved customer relations and communications. But I haven't seen it yet. The communication is nonexistent.  Like you said, I never would have discovered this unless I had called them.

 

I like the people that sit around us, and we have become great friends over the years. But they are done after this season, too. They are tired of the non-communication and the lack of added value of owning season tickets. When you are required to pay thousands of dollars by April 2nd, and then the season ticket holder rules become very nebulous, and they are not communicated to us, it leads to an unsatisfactory experience and unnecessary stress. Also, all season ticket holders are charged a $25 shipping fee. What happens to that fee when nothing is shipped? It is just a drop in the bucket, but is it ethical to keep that money? It is the principle that counts. 

 

Today was an eye opener. I have a feeling there are many more in this same situation. Peace!

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Gellnasty said:

 

 

Ticket office told me today that If you dont have anything by Monday call. They are still getting packages out today and tomorrow. So either this week or Monday and if not call. 

 

Ticket office is still probably in denial that people like me that canceled this year will come back at the last minute so I'm sure they are dragging their feet to move on from us.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, hail2skins said:

Put this in the GDT, but cracked me up seeing him on the broadcast touting the open end plaza in one of the end zones. If only they had thought of that when the stadium opened in 1997...…...oh wait!  Next thing you know, they are going to say, wouldn't it be cool if they had an area where kids could kick field goals, throw passes, run through obstacles...…………...

 

I'm surprised with the NFL's push on the Play60 or whatever they call it, that they haven't required a place like that in all stadiums.  I used to frequent that area with my uncle before he passed, when did they remove it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ashburn Dave said:

 

Ticket office is still probably in denial that people like me that canceled this year will come back at the last minute so I'm sure they are dragging their feet to move on from us.

 

As a [now former] 14-year season ticket holder, I haven't received anything since 24 July when they were peddling free concert tickets for renewing.  Perhaps I made my position clear enough that they know not to bother me.   LOL

For S&Gs, I checked my old area at Ticketmaster ... my two seats, the three next to them, and both aisle pairs in front and behind me are all available.  In August !!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The team is normally pretty last minute about getting tickets out. 

 

This is the worst I’ve seen in the last 10 years. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎8‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 5:41 PM, Littleyog said:

I just had to call the ticket office today, I received no information about the Parking passes.  Apparently they are digital as well, the person on the phone said it would be PDF but I don't see an option to print.

 

 

HUH?  I have 2 parking passes on my account and they both came with my tickets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, hail2skins said:

Put this in the GDT, but cracked me up seeing him on the broadcast touting the open end plaza in one of the end zones. If only they had thought of that when the stadium opened in 1997...…...oh wait! 

 

>> Yeah that cracked me up too.  He made it sound like it was something brand new.  He also said something about wanting 70K Redskins fans at the games as well.  I am wondering if that is what the new capacity is for 2018? 

1 hour ago, ThomasTomasz said:

I'm surprised with the NFL's push on the Play60 or whatever they call it, that they haven't required a place like that in all stadiums.  I used to frequent that area with my uncle before he passed, when did they remove it?

 

>> I think that area is now devoted to the Touchdown Club.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, MarkB452 said:

 

 

HUH?  I have 2 parking passes on my account and they both came with my tickets.

 

Yeah I have the parking passes in my account but no option to sell them....  Not suggesting I am right now but wouldn't it be nice to.  They mentioned I would be able to once I can print the so called "PDF".  Either way the Parking Passes were not supposed to be digital originally and it would have been nice for them to send us some kind of communication about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know if you have to print the digital parking pass or can you just have your phone scanned for parking, which means then you would not be displaying any pass in your vehicle. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, drunkterp said:

Does anyone know if you have to print the digital parking pass or can you just have your phone scanned for parking, which means then you would not be displaying any pass in your vehicle. 

 

I called and asked about this and they said I did NOT have to print out the tickets, however there is no barcode on my app for the parking pass as of yet.  Not sure what is going to happen.  I am hoping it doesn't turn into a debacle!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very disappointed with the ticket office and how this has gone this year.

 

I'll be glad when I'm done with them. I don't know how a multi billion dollar organization can be such a mess in getting tickets to people who bought them. It's pathetic.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, tshile said:

Very disappointed with the ticket office and how this has gone this year.

 

I'll be glad when I'm done with them. I don't know how a multi billion dollar organization can be such a mess in getting tickets to people who bought them. It's pathetic.

 

Agreed.  The treatment of loyal fans continues to be abysmal.   What they really need to do is hire an experienced business operations executive with years of NFL experience to come in and oversee operations and . . . oh wait, nevermind, they already did that back in May.   Apparently the rot with this organization goes really deep.  

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/12/2018 at 8:26 AM, Littleyog said:

 

I called and asked about this and they said I did NOT have to print out the tickets, however there is no barcode on my app for the parking pass as of yet.  Not sure what is going to happen.  I am hoping it doesn't turn into a debacle!

 

So I called about this today and after a bit of back and forth, I was put on hold and then was told you can’t use the digital parking pass. You have to use the hard copy or print out the digital parking pass.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/9/2018 at 11:11 PM, ThomasTomasz said:

 

nor am I going to migrate to VA if that's what they decide to do.  

 

Not trying to pick on you but I never felt like I was migrating to MD for games since I'm coming from VA.

 

It was definitely a long ass ride home after a loss but the trip was OK on Sunday's.  Now if you gotta deal with rush hour because of MNF then yeah bring a tent.

Edited by Ashburn Dave
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The ticket office people are idiots. I've called multiple times today and gotten different answers to the same questions.

 

One of them admitted they're forcing digital tickets on us.

 

This organization is so pathetic. I do not understand how they could have screwed this up so bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have both paper and digital parking passes. I also have just the paper tickets for my seats. I also got my tickets several weeks ago.

 

Now they did send me the wrong seats initially. They sent me tickets for my first upgrade. I upgraded a second time about a month after the original upgrade window and somehow the TO agent I spoke to did not change my tickets. When I called to complain, the TO agent was able to put me in my 2nd upgrade with no problem. The seats (on the 40 yard line) were still available. He sent my tickets on plain white stock printed at the ticket office in the new Redskins box with all the gifts (the power bank, USB drive and pin). So I have two boxes with a full set of the STH gifts. So they made a mistake and fixed quickly.

 

My gripe is there was no letter explaining any of the new "benefits" including the food discounts which they still have not said how it is going to work, presumably on Thursday at the first pre-season game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The new discounts, they will scan your ticket either digital or hard. They are looking into a card program next year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, just654 said:

The new discounts, they will scan your ticket either digital or hard. They are looking into a card program next year.

What do we get?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The approach by the ticket sales Dept is mind boggling.  They have a desirable product, and it wouldn't be too hard to treat people with respect and act ethically, while still making money hand over fist.  It seems everyone understands that except for the man who has made billions in the private sector.  Strange.  I feel for you guys having to deal with this crap, and don't blame you for walking away.

 

As someone who lives in the Northeast and rarely makes it to FedEx, I admit I do get frustrated seeing seas of blue or green while watching a home game.  Or a sea of terrible towels.  So I can imagine snyder doesnt like it much either, so i can understand the desire to keep opposing fans out, but the way they have gone about it is disgusting.  And I don't know what the best answer is, because I understand it is hard to have both the time and money to go to all the home games, and selling some tickets off is necessary, but it seems this is as poor as you could have possibly handled it.  Maybe when Snyder reaches a point where the only burgundy and gold you see in the stands are the empty seats he will change his ways.  Unbelievable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

As someone who lives in the Northeast and rarely makes it to FedEx, I admit I do get frustrated seeing seas of blue or green while watching a home game.  Or a sea of terrible towels.  So I can imagine snyder doesnt like it much either, so i can understand the desire to keep opposing fans out, but the way they have gone about it is disgusting. 

Confused. Aside from apparently discontinuing the 200 OVs (aka "the cave") and upper level SROs to season ticket sales, what is the organization doing to keep opposing fans out?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.