Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Season Ticket Renewals

bryantlc

45 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

Lot of the opposing fan concentration I see tends to be on the visitors side of the lower level. I've always suspected that those seats are owned by larger entities that make them available to employees and are gobbled up by folks who are fans of the team the Skins are playing. Either that or they are held by individual STHs who don't go anymore due to the seats being undesirable since 2004, when Snyder installed the dream seats.

I'm a club seat snob and it cracks me up to see the Skins offering club seats for single game purchase starting at $430 (fees included) when you can go onto Stubhub and get club seats at least for the Colts game starting at $140 (fees included). I guess the Skins kind of have to do that to make the few folks that still have club level contracts not feel so bad, but still...………………..

You keep those seats to sell.  With my Orioles tickets, I'm two sections over from the visitors dugout, and when you had the division games and the big rivalry with the Nats, those tickets sell for almost double what you pay.  Triple if it's a Yankees or Red Sox weekend game.  Those STH's in the middle on the visitor side are getting premium value from Eagles, Giants and Cowboys fans every year, maybe even enough to pay for each ticket just with those three games.  

Like a lot of others, I'm in shock that there are so many tickets available.  I knew that there would be plenty, but this is quite a few.  The Redskins only have themselves to blame at the top for this, though.  

I've had tickets since 1999.  This may be a game changer for me.  There are so many tickets available, I'm really not sure I see the point of having season tickets anymore.

It's not about the traffic, the price of concessions, the lousy product on the field, etc.   We've known about that for years and have made a decision to deal with it because I really enjoy sitting with the same guys in our section who've been there for years.   The downside (paying for preseason and losing money on the 1-2 games per season I have to miss) was always offset by the upside, the security of having those seats available.   Now I can get the upside without the downside.   

There are 77 seats available in my section!  In the row right in front of me, there are 16 seats available out of 26.

I guess one of the new factors that I need to weigh is the dynamic pricing.  In my section, the Dallas game cost $180 or something, so gotta weight the extra cost in going to that game against the benefit that would be gained from not having to pay for preseason.  But, we'll have to see how the secondary market holds up on those tickets.  Would a secondary market purchaser be able to get those tickets for far closer to $110?  Maybe.    

1 hour ago, Coach Janky Spanky said:

I've had tickets since 1999.  This may be a game changer for me.  There are so many tickets available, I'm really not sure I see the point of having season tickets anymore.

It's not about the traffic, the price of concessions, the lousy product on the field, etc.   We've known about that for years and have made a decision to deal with it because I really enjoy sitting with the same guys in our section who've been there for years.   The downside (paying for preseason and losing money on the 1-2 games per season I have to miss) was always offset by the upside, the security of having those seats available.   Now I can get the upside without the downside.   

There are 77 seats available in my section!  In the row right in front of me, there are 16 seats available out of 26.

I guess one of the new factors that I need to weigh is the dynamic pricing.  In my section, the Dallas game cost $180 or something, so gotta weight the extra cost in going to that game against the benefit that would be gained from not having to pay for preseason.  But, we'll have to see how the secondary market holds up on those tickets.  Would a secondary market purchaser be able to get those tickets for far closer to $110?  Maybe.    

What section 

10 hours ago, Coach Janky Spanky said:

454.  But many sections, both UL and LL, are the same way.  There are about a dozen sections in which over 100+ seats are available.  And that's primary market, not re-sale.  Almost entire rows of seats remain unsold in the LL.       

That's where my uncle and a lot of old school RFK's sat for years, I have fond memories of those seats.  

On ‎8‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 4:15 PM, Coach Janky Spanky said:

In section 428 Row 15, all but six of the 26 seats in that row are unsold

The seats in row 16 are cheaper than the ones in row 15 (by about $10 - $13 per game, I think). The lower demand for tickets is going to produce a ripple effect across the stadium where there is going to be some price sensitivity and anomalies like this.  I remember the first year at FedEx, the endzone and midfield club seats sold well, but the ones in the corners did not.  

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/good-redskins-tickets-available-so-whos-interested/2018/08/06/046ab94e-99a6-11e8-8d5e-c6c594024954_story.html?utm_term=.7c341a230b75

Didn't want to start a new thread on tickets since we have this thread here already, but what do you think of this article?  I think it's the chickens finally coming home to roost after 20+ years of arrogance & fan neglect.  Oh how the mighty have fallen.  Bob Ley from Outside The Lines (ESPN) yesterday just eviscerated Snyder over this very subject.  It was covered some on 980 this morning, but man did he really undress Snyder and the organization as a whole.

12 minutes ago, samy316 said:

Didn't want to start a new thread on tickets since we have this thread here already, but what do you think of this article?  I think it's the chickens finally coming home to roost after 20+ years of arrogance & fan neglect.  Oh how the mighty have fallen.

And just bad football an bad football decisions.

I'm only renewing because someone I know purchased the entire season, including preseason, from me. They wanted them. So they can have them.

The Griffin saga really sucked the hope out of me. Pending significant change for this organization, i think that may be permanent.

The handling of GM SM and then Cousins, has caused me to just not care. I don't even know who we drafted. Don't know the schedule. Couldn't tell when the first preseason game is much less who we're playing. The only real attachment I have to this team at the moment is talking politics on the forum.

I grew up going to games. I think watching football on TV is a joke and caters to people who can't handle live sports. I love going to football games. 

This organization has ruined it for me. I held on to the bitter end. I realize there are those that will hold on longer, but most people I know have already bailed. I was among the Greater Fools. I don't regret it, but damn if it doesn't suck.

Everyone who has given up their tickets will have their own reasons. Those are mine.

Edited by tshile
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, samy316 said:

Oh how the mighty have fallen. 

Well said.  I remember the first year I got season tickets - 2004.  I bought them on eBay.  They were upper level handicapped seats (1 wheelchair seat and 1 companion seat).  I got them because I was the only one who bid, probably because nobody else knew that you could take these tickets to Guest Services on gameday and exchange them for regular seats.  So I paid face value for a pair of upper level tickets (including preseason), with the location changing each game, and the requirement that I miss half the first quarter dealing with Guest Services to get me regular seats in the last 10 rows of the stadium.  And I got a blue parking pass - which was at the church a mile away from the stadium.  I got to see Mark Brunnell, Lavernues Coles, and LaVar Arrington lead us to a 6-10 record.  And I felt like I won the lottery getting this deal.

Then over the next couple years things changed.  Large screen HD plasma TVs became the norm in each household.  The Skins overreached by raising ticket prices 40% after a wildcard berth in 2005.  Fans hopes were sky-high after that 2005 season and subsequent free agent shopping spree, only to be completely let down in 2006.  With the exception of a lucky late season run in 2007 that netted us another wildcard, the losing continued.  Stories about fan experiences being ruined by drunks and traffic congestion were regular topics in the papers and message boards.  Zorn happened.  By 2009 I got "the call" that my name was up on the wait list.  And not only that, but I got to pick my seats.  They put me in the 4th row upper deck.  I called later in mid-summer and got someone to put me in the 2nd row upper deck.  I tried again a week later and a rep almost moved me to the lower level end zone until I made the mistake of telling him later in the conversation that I just came off the wait list, and he said he couldn't move me to the lower level if I just came off the list.  I was that close to being in the lower level my first year as a STH.  I called again the next day, hoping to find another mark who would blindly accommodate me.  I couldn't get moved to the lower level, but I was moved from 2nd row corner to 2nd row sideline (goal line).  It was a complete buyers market, a total 180 from what we were all used to growing up as Skins fans.  And it's been that way ever since (with the exception of the brief RGIII honeymoon; which the front office help water down with - you guessed it - another big ticket price increase).  And now the team concedes there is no wait list, and the sales staff will practically wash your car and do your laundry if you buy tickets.

Times have definitely changed.

Edited by capcrunch98

I just had to call the ticket office today, I received no information about the Parking passes.  Apparently they are digital as well, the person on the phone said it would be PDF but I don't see an option to print.  Also there is no button for me to Sell them!  I am not sure what is going on but the first game is next week and there is just no information on who to use these things.  What do you know again STHs are left in the dust.  Also I don't think it is really fair that people who received actually tickets received a few goodies where since I got them digitally I get nothing.

On 3/8/2011 at 11:08 PM, B55Green said:

Got called today about upgrading to Club Level, they would give me a 25% discount and then put me in the LL in three years. Yeah, didn't buy that, not stupid, but my question is, I thought you had to have 5 year contracts for the club level, how would that work if I did do it? Let alone they said I had two tickets, not four, so I'm gonna have to call them tomorrow to make sure their isn't a mistake and probably have to hear them try to talk me into club for a couple minutes.

Min getting printed tickets and still haven’t got my tickets yet. Have no clue when they are coming. I am calling tomorrow 

Entertaining reading the comments with the WaPo article Samy linked.  One dude spent $110,000 on club seats over a 12-year timeframe. That's just brutal.

The stadium is certainly in a challenging location, and for sure folks had some issues with it when it opened, such as the upper level seats pushed way up there due to the club and suite levels that didn't exist at RFK.  But the Skins were not that far removed from the glory days and there was probably enough demand that even the $100-250 per game prices for the club level at that time could be had.  And no doubt, the losing is the biggest culprit in the declining demand, as well as the better home experience. But I still feel Dan has contributed to this problem in other ways like the installation of the dream seats, which pretty much made the lower level sidelines undesirable. That and taking forever to install a decent jumbotron.  

1 hour ago, hail2skins said:

Entertaining reading the comments with the WaPo article Samy linked.  One dude spent $110,000 on club seats over a 12-year timeframe. That's just brutal.

The stadium is certainly in a challenging location, and for sure folks had some issues with it when it opened, such as the upper level seats pushed way up there due to the club and suite levels that didn't exist at RFK.  But the Skins were not that far removed from the glory days and there was probably enough demand that even the $100-250 per game prices for the club level at that time could be had.  And no doubt, the losing is the biggest culprit in the declining demand, as well as the better home experience. But I still feel Dan has contributed to this problem in other ways like the installation of the dream seats, which pretty much made the lower level sidelines undesirable. That and taking forever to install a decent jumbotron.  

The location is an excuse.  It is located near a major highway and not 25 mins from the VA border.  So many different ways to get to the stadium.  I went to Heinz Field last night and it was a joke getting there.  

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

The location is an excuse.  It is located near a major highway and not 25 mins from the VA border.  So many different ways to get to the stadium.  I went to Heinz Field last night and it was a joke getting there.  

Well yeah, I was mainly referring to not having a Metro relatively close by like you did at RFK. They do have Morgan Blvd station now but that mile walk looks like a death march. 

I do get annoyed at the folks who never go to games, but who swear by the narrative that it takes 2+ hours to get out of FedEx after a game. I don't know who these folks are. I normally sit in the club level, and after a 1 pm game usually have to walk around the stadium to get to my car, but am able to drop my mother off at New Carrollton by 5 pm. My only real pet peeve is parking. I'm not a tailgater, and normally get to the parking lots about an hour before the game. I can't claim that I've never been able to find a parking spot in due time, but it should be easier than it turns out to be. 

If the Redskins ever make it to the Super Bowl again or even better yet win it will be impossible to get tickets again.   I waited on that stupid waiting list for 15+ years, I finally have tickets in the upper deck row 1 (though I refuse to pay more to move to the lower levels).    Take the Caps for example.  They won the Stanley Cup and now you can't get season tickets anymore, only partial game plans.  There is always going to be 1000s of fans who flock to whatever team is hot at the time, so just remember this down the road.

Edited by Howie411

11 minutes ago, Howie411 said:

If the Redskins ever maybe it to the Super Bowl again or even better yet win it will be impossible to get tickets again.   I waited on that stupid waiting list for 15+ years, I finally have tickets in the upper deck row 1 (though I refuse to pay more to move to the lower levels).    Take the Caps for example.  They won the Stanley Cup and now you can't get season tickets anymore, only partial game plans.  There is always going to be 1000s of fans who flock to whatever team is hot at the time, so just remember this down the road.

You're probably right....even though there wasn't a Stubhub back during the glory days, I still would imagine there would be increased demand for tickets on the secondary market following a deep playoff run.

I guess what gets me is that, unlike the other sports, there are only eight regular season home games. The beginning of each season should call for at least some optimism, as in maybe we'll finally be pleasantly surprised with a 11+ win season. But the past quarter-century of suck has beaten the snot out of this fanbase. In recent years there has really been little-to-no early season buzz about the Skins, at least from a ticket demand perspective is concerned. The Skins can be .500 six to eight games into the season but, unless its a marquee opponent, tickets on Stubhub can still be had relatively cheap.  

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Howie411 said:

If the Redskins ever maybe it to the Super Bowl again or even better yet win it will be impossible to get tickets again.   I waited on that stupid waiting list for 15+ years, I finally have tickets in the upper deck row 1 (though I refuse to pay more to move to the lower levels).    Take the Caps for example.  They won the Stanley Cup and now you can't get season tickets anymore, only partial game plans.  There is always going to be 1000s of fans who flock to whatever team is hot at the time, so just remember this down the road.

Who cares?  So you are going to invest until they win a title?  That makes zero sense.  

17 hours ago, Gellnasty said:

Min getting printed tickets and still haven’t got my tickets yet. Have no clue when they are coming. I am calling tomorrow 

Have you heard yet?

We're a week out from the first home game and I haven't even received a notice of when they're coming. This is pretty bad, for an organization that usually is cutting it close every year anyways.

There seems to be nothing they can do right anymore.

2 hours ago, tshile said:

Have you heard yet?

We're a week out from the first home game and I haven't even received a notice of when they're coming. This is pretty bad, for an organization that usually is cutting it close every year anyways.

There seems to be nothing they can do right anymore.

Ticket office told me today that If you dont have anything by Monday call. They are still getting packages out today and tomorrow. So either this week or Monday and if not call. 

• Thanks 1

Get ready for this. So I am a 15 year season ticket holder. My current seats are in section 121. I have yet to receive my tickets in the mail. I called today to ask when they will be sent. I was informed that because I already sold some games online and transferred the tickets that they weren't allowed to print them. So I said what about the 6 games I didn't sell? They said they would be happy to print them and send them overnight. I said but these won't be the colorful season ticket stock. She said correct. Then I said well what about the nice package with the free goodies? She apologized but said I wouldn't be getting that either. She said I can print my parking passes starting tomorrow and she will overnight me the 6 games on regular box office stock. I told her the reason I pay a premium for season tickets is I enjoy getting that package in late July with all my tickets and I like keeping the stubs as souvenirs. I told her I might as well just save money and buy them on stubhub. I told her that they should have told us this upfront and I would have held off selling the games I can't make. She just apologized again but said there wasn't anything that could be done. I'm done. This is definitely the last year for me. I paid well over $3,000 for tickets and parking and get nothing better than Joe Schmo who bought tickets from stubhub and saved 30% or so probably. This is after they removed my additional standing room seats from my account without them telling me. Had to come on ES to find out they aren't selling SROs to season ticket holders anymore.

The biggest thing is I wouldn't have found out about this if I hadn't called them. I feel at the very least they should have shipped me an empty box with the goodies thanking me for my purchase. Bonus would be to include the $500 parking passes and 6 games worth over $1800 that I haven't sold.

I really thought I would be a season ticket holder for life. I understand I could save money buying off stubhub. But it was never about that. Well if this is how I am treated then it will just be about the money from now on.

Edited by josh35b
spelling

1 hour ago, josh35b said:

I really thought I would be a season ticket holder for life. I understand I could save money buying off stubhub. But it was never about that. Well if this is how I am treated then it will just be about the money from now on.

Coming soon to Webster's online dictionary: an http reference to this post by @josh35b when formally defining "clusterf**k"

And the justification for not pursuing tickets after coming off the company RIF list early summer continues.

I am actually kinda happy they noticed u sold some tickets early and “punished” you for it. This tells me they are looking on the secondary market. This was a change I was looking for. My opinion is that if you sell more than 1 game on stubhub(not including preseason)you should lose your seats. I understand things come up and what not, but u are talking about 8 Sunday.

On 8/8/2018 at 11:11 AM, tshile said:

And just bad football an bad football decisions.

I'm only renewing because someone I know purchased the entire season, including preseason, from me. They wanted them. So they can have them.

The Griffin saga really sucked the hope out of me. Pending significant change for this organization, i think that may be permanent.

The handling of GM SM and then Cousins, has caused me to just not care. I don't even know who we drafted. Don't know the schedule. Couldn't tell when the first preseason game is much less who we're playing. The only real attachment I have to this team at the moment is talking politics on the forum.

I grew up going to games. I think watching football on TV is a joke and caters to people who can't handle live sports. I love going to football games. 

This organization has ruined it for me. I held on to the bitter end. I realize there are those that will hold on longer, but most people I know have already bailed. I was among the Greater Fools. I don't regret it, but damn if it doesn't suck.

Everyone who has given up their tickets will have their own reasons. Those are mine.

Wow.....when I first got my tickets two seasons ago, you were one of the most active posters in this thread.  

I totally understand where you are coming from though.  And I would be out too, if only for the fact that I am trying to hold out as long as possible until they do the inevitable move to VA.  I live south of Annapolis, it takes me literally 25 minutes to get to Fed Ex, and not even double that to get home if I leave with everyone else right at the end.  This year and last year, I will have four games where I've got to already get up at 7 am after working a Navy football game (the store I run for work has a huge relationship with navy, so I work all day Saturday for their home games and get home at midnight) so I'm not trying to add another couple hours to that commute, plus a PSL fee.  I'll be done at that point, right now I'll just continue to go and honor my uncle's memory with my tickets.  

I too love going to games.  I love my Orioles tickets- I have the 29 game package, and end up going to more.  I've been to a few Nats games this year, and I'm hopeful to get to PNC before the year is out as well.  I had Caps tickets a few years ago too, but had too many work conflicts over the winter.  Might I suggest Navy football games for you?  They should have some good seats available, and the tailgating crowd there is second to none.  Great experience, and if I worked for a different company, I would easily have season tickets there.  

On 8/8/2018 at 6:39 PM, hail2skins said:

The stadium is in a great location minus the metro access.  There are any number of ways to get there and is situated right near a couple major highways and roads in the state.  That is the one thing I can not buy into.  Maybe the exodus from games, because I've only ever gone in one way because of where I live (by the tailgate lot and the used car dealership that keeps changing hands.). 

• Like 1