Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Season Ticket Renewals

bryantlc

Yah there's definitely no season ticket waitlist. Or, there is, but it's made up of people who are not going to buy tickets, have died, etc.

Id be lying if I said I wasn't somewhat concerned about the future of the NFL. It's definitely beyond it's hay days. It will be interesting how these teams will handle lower demand for tickets.

Anyone who has studied the principles of economics, knows that supply/demand and quantity demanded,etc. is affected by several factors. One of those being technology. With increased technology and a tough/low economy, would it be out of line to predict that teams will begin to lower the price of tickets? They may have to. I predict *very* low renewal rates next year, and a move by the Redskins within 2 years with lower GA prices to combat that.

Disclaimer : A super bowl win/NFC championship will make a difference :)

...over 100 Party Deck tickets available for $25 or less..some starting at $17...I stand by my sig......

So a mere $25 (after fees) will get you the same club level some of our STHs are paying $500 a game to enjoy.

Zone A clubs at the advertised rate break down to about $500 per seat, per game, when you balance all of the expenses.

Wouldn't be surprised to learn those SRO tix on SH are coming from the TO.

Edited by RFKFedEx

So a mere $25 (after fees) will get you the same club level some of our STHs are paying $500 a game to enjoy.

Zone A clubs at the advertised rate break down to about $500 per seat, per game, when you balance all of the expenses.

This is total BS. I have 4 LL tickets. I spend $871.20 just on tickets for preseason games that I don't even go to.

This could turn into a PR nightmare.

I notice this morning that all of the midfield, non obstructed, 200 level tix have been plucked away from from Stubhub. Not surprising considering how cheap they were listed yesterday.

Notice the hundreds of OVs that remain today, and the outrageous asking prices. I don't see why any seller with even the slightest knowledge of the market would still have their OVs posted at such absurd prices. Makes me wonder who owns those OV tix; and why do they not seem to have any motivation to sell them?

In my opinion the Washington Redskins ticket office has to be the worst ticket office in the league. Everything they do is smoke and mirrors. As stupid as it sounds, I've always wanted to be a "season ticket holder" for the Redskins, just one of those things I always dreamed about as a kid and the Redskins have completely killed that experience for me. Last year I bought seasons and the entire process was horrible in everyway. This year I bought season tickets on the aftermarket, saved a ton of money and have better seats than I could have gotten from the Redskins ticket office. It's win-win.

I know that's no big shock to most of the folks here because they already knew that but just thought I would share.. I owe a large chuck of my savings to Mark The Homer honestly, and had I not be reluctant to follow his advice last year I would have saved last year too. His articles on the ticketmarket and heads up on good deals etc is awesome.

I think attendance for pro sports is down across the board with the state of the economy.

I also think we could see a similar trend occur in the NFL that has happened with NASCAR. A period of record growth followed by decreasing attendance. Bristol Motor Speedway sold out ever single race between August 1982 and March of 2010, with a capacity of 160,000.

http://www2.tricities.com/sports/2010/mar/22/ticket_sellout_streak_rolls_to_an_end_at_bristol_m-ar-235826/

Would Danny ever let the Skins "sellout streak" come to an end?

It looks to me like the market for Redskins tickets as finally completely collapsed.
It collapsed 5-10 years ago, but without Stubhub as proof, nobody but us season tickets holders knew. We could scream from the top of Fedex that thousands of tickets were/are available to any game for someone who wants to drive out there on gameday and spend $20 and nobody listened.

Dear lord, just looked at Stubhub for the Cards game (hadn't done that in a few weeks) 60 dollars on LOGE tickets, 200 dollar dream seats and 80 dollar lowers? holy ****. If this keeps up all year it will be very interesting to see how bad the season ticket sales drop for next year.

Dear lord, just looked at Stubhub for the Cards game (hadn't done that in a few weeks) 60 dollars on LOGE tickets, 200 dollar dream seats and 80 dollar lowers? holy ****. If this keeps up all year it will be very interesting to see how bad the season ticket sales drop for next year.

It will be interesting to see if this is an anomaly and things go back to how they were the last couple season, or if this becomes a trend. The Eagles tix are still about what history would suggest, but it is early still.

Edited by HOF44

In my opinion the Washington Redskins ticket office has to be the worst ticket office in the league. Everything they do is smoke and mirrors. As stupid as it sounds, I've always wanted to be a "season ticket holder" for the Redskins, just one of those things I always dreamed about as a kid and the Redskins have completely killed that experience for me. Last year I bought seasons and the entire process was horrible in everyway. This year I bought season tickets on the aftermarket, saved a ton of money and have better seats than I could have gotten from the Redskins ticket office. It's win-win.

I know that's no big shock to most of the folks here because they already knew that but just thought I would share.. I owe a large chuck of my savings to Mark The Homer honestly, and had I not be reluctant to follow his advice last year I would have saved last year too. His articles on the ticketmarket and heads up on good deals etc is awesome.

I agree that currently there are some great deals to be had. The operative word there is , currently. I think it all hinges on whether Shanny can right the ship. It's human nature, everyone wants to support a winner and avoid association with losers. I feel that if the team can string together a few solid seasons and maybe make a run deep into the post season we will more than likely see attendance and ticket values similar to the old RFK days.

Article from Hogs Haven on resale prices, which links to a Forbes article. Seems to be so contradictory to what we are seeing going on.

http://www.hogshaven.com/2011/9/16/2429621/according-to-forbes-redskins-tickets-re-sale-value-is-10th-best-in-nfl#storyjump

They must be getting there data from the highest priced resale outlets, or what is asked, not what the sale was, or the data is from the NFL. You are LUCKY to average face value resale on LL tickets, forget upper level ones.

I just checked StubHub. There are a ton of upper deck tickets in the $17 to $18 range -- very clearly an inventory dump by the Skins.

While the Skins may generate a little revenue from this move, it strikes me as very short sighted (surprise surprise). What's the thought process on renewing season tickets next March? Gee, I can spend $88 a game with the honor of buying two preseason games or I can spend $17 for the games that I want...

I just checked StubHub. There are a ton of upper deck tickets in the $17 to $18 range -- very clearly an inventory dump by the Skins.

While the Skins may generate a little revenue from this move, it strikes me as very short sighted (surprise surprise). What's the thought process on renewing season tickets next March? Gee, I can spend $88 a game with the honor of buying two preseason games or I can spend $17 for the games that I want...

That will probably be true for as long as the team remains mediocre. If the club actually turns it around and becomes a conference contender with a shot at the big game I doubt the discounted tickets will be there. But what do I know.

I used to think the over supply of tix would dry up for the big games. Remember last year when the TO sent out several reminders about the Dallas game? Home opener against the Cowboys in prime time. It doesn't get much bigger than that in the regular season, yet plenty of tix were available. Not quite at the discounted rates we're seeing now, but any waitlister who called in could get Dallas tix at face. Even lowers.

Not quite at the discounted rates we're seeing now, but any waitlister who called in could get Dallas tix at face. Even lowers.
Are you sure? I was a legit season ticket holder with two accounts. I called in and they flat out refused to sell me a pair. They said I wasn't on the list. There were others too, that were refused. To this day, I don't understand it. I was forced to buy through others.
True....I bought over 30 tickets for friends and family off of my waitlist account for the Dallas game last year...even picked up a ticket for the Ticketmaster of ES :)
Indeed :cheers:

I bought a total of eight tickets because I KNEW I'd find friends who'd give me cost for them. But incredibly, I could only sell six tickets. I couldn't find anybody willing to buy my fourth pair at my cost. And this is not some obscure Dallas game, this was the season opener. What the hell??? I ended up selling to a scalper in the lot at cost who most likely sold to a Dallas fan.

So whose fault is that?

The team's? No. They did everything they could to get these tickets to Redskins fans. Well, I mean except for refusing certain season ticket holders for reasons unknown.

Mine? No. I did everything I could to get the tickets to Redskins fans including posting an ad on ES.

So whose fault is it?

It's your fault. You. Yes, you. You, who are reading this right now, and who claims to be a Redskins fan, but prefers to sit at home rather than support his team.

Homer, I never called in for the Dallas game last year bc I knew I couldn't attend due to a college fb road trip that same wknd. I remember watching in awe as the reminder offers from the TO kept rolling in to other ESrs in the days leading up to the game. Dallas had always been the one team that coincidently never 'gave back' their extra tix. However, I believe that streak also ended for the snowy night game in Dec. 09 when wait listers and STHs were finally offered extras for the meaningless Dec. contest.

Update: 10:45 PM Saturday night: 165 tickets for $30 or less. All Party deck SRO are gone. $30 or less consists of upper deck sideline mostly row 25 and up. There are 6 seats available in my section in MY row. Last year, I had noticed there were empty seats near me and asked the TO about them earlier this Spring. I was told they could not sell them to me at that time, but to call back later. I never did, but a new STH got 2 seats next to mine (it took me NINE years to get upgraded to section 401 and people come off the waitlist next to me???). Anyways, I look forward to the day when Dan Snyder himself is out hustling tickets in the B-3 lot.

Another Update: 10:30 AM Sunday morning - Pair in section 453 row row 22. $11 each + $15 last minute fee + $5 fee = $42 for a pair which have a retail value of $140. - 165 tickets still left on stubhub. I feel bad for any STH trying to resell tickets at the stadium today.

Edited by MarkB452
Cards price update.....

Just got this email. Not interested in finding out what the special rate is.

Dear Redskins Season Ticket Holder,

Thank you for your continued support of your Washington Redskins. The loud crowd at FedExField has made a big difference during the home games this year!

As a Redskins Season ticket holder, you now have a special opportunity to upgrade to the Club Level for the remainder of the 2011 Season. Special rates apply! Upgraded seating is limited and will be filled on a first come, first served basis.

Here are just a few of the many benefits of Club Level Seating:

-Preferred on-site parking at FedExField with easier access to and from the stadium -VIP entrances with dedicated elevators and escalators -Access to climate-controlled Club Level concourse - great for the winter months!

Please call me directly at (301) 276-6735 for more details about this special offer.

So whose fault is it?

It's your fault. You. Yes, you. You, who are reading this right now, and who claims to be a Redskins fan, but prefers to sit at home rather than support his team.

I'd like to expand on this topic, because I've been beating this drum for years.

Typically after a big game (against the steelers, cowboys, etc) you see these threads popping up that involve the topic of season ticket holders selling to opposing team's fans...

The redskins fan base sucks to sell tickets to. I say this as season ticket holder for the last 4 years, and as a person who watched my parents and grand parents do the same thing for as long as I can remember.

When you try to sell tickets, redskins fans approach you with the following mentality:

- You can't sell them for face value, I know you can't sell them for face value, so I'm going to offer you 30% of the value and you're going to give them to me.

Other team's fans don't do that... they're happy to get face value, and are happy to not have to pay a 30% mark up for the tickets. So i sell to them. Do i go looking for them? no... but those are the people who give me face value for the tickets. Redskins fans (generally) refuse to pay face value. Then they get all high and mighty on the season ticket holders for not selling only to redskins fans.

You can't have it both ways. If you don't want the other team's fans in the our stadium, then you need to buy the tickets. If you don't want to pay full price, then don't get all ****y about us selling them to people who will.