Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

According to Profootballtalk.com: Atogwe will visit the Redskins Monday

sknz45

Fair enough........I'm just more confident in Shanahan's eye for talent, and ability to improve on his past mistakes.

No worries, this round is on me...

5284491422_d1094fbff3_t.jpg

I have more confidence in Shanny eye's for talent as well, at least on offense.

But, I don't think its a coincidence that teams w/ strong FO that includes a true GM/personnel guy have success.

You're welcome stoney26. I had fun writing it up -- figured we all needed a half-time 'recap'

I tried to be fair to both sides, even though I'm in favor of signing Atogwe.

At the end of the 2010 season, I started to question whether Moore will make it back to 100% in 2011, ---and if he could, would that be good enough to cover how aggressively Landry and Hall commit/gamble on plays.. We need a good 'backstop' who can take the right angle to get there and make the backup safety play; Moore struggled with that in what I saw of him in 2010.

Do you even know the specifics of the VJ situation? There was nothing the Skins could do to obtain him, because A.J. Smith wouldn't cooperate. TK would have been right if he was available. That's a different situation.

He was right about us making an offer for him and he was right about us having an offer agreed upon with him. If the Lord of No Rings wouldn't have screwed his own team he would have been a Redskin.

Do you even know the specifics of the VJ situation? There was nothing the Skins could do to obtain him, because A.J. Smith wouldn't cooperate. TK would have been right if he was available. That's a different situation.

I def know the specs, the truth of how far AJ would go was found out as the story progressed. This is irrelevant to my post anyways, my post was about Buff also having interest in OJ, you chose to read the last three words i typed. I agree with everyone on this post, I would love to see OJ come here for a good price. but wont believe it till it happens.

Another, old Rams safety??? ;)

Frankly, due to his age, the teams current status (poor, coming of a horrendous season), the need to sign players familiar with the 3-4 defense, and the salary he is seeking we shouldn't sign Atogwe.

FYI (sorry if this has already been posted):

Troy Polamalu: Signed an extension of $30.19 million through 2011 and guaranteed $15.375 million

Adrian Wilson:

Signed a five-year, $36.5 million contract. The deal contains $15.5 million guaranteed.

Ed Reed:

Signed a six-year, $44.4 million contract extension through 2012. The deal contains $15 million guaranteed.

Antrel Rolle: Signed a five-year, $37 million contract. The deal contains $15 million guaranteed.

Archived