Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

According to Profootballtalk.com: Atogwe will visit the Redskins Monday

sknz45

I almost always respect your posts. But why don't you keep your anti-Atogwe/anti-FA spree/etc. argument in one thread, instead of spreading one-liners like this around to spread it to every thread?

1st of all since when did you become the posting Czar?

2nd You state 'one-liners' in the plural which is an inaccurate statement b/c I've only made 1 one-liner

3rd I responded to your post in the draft thread. Last I checked I could respond to any post in any thread of my choosing in any manner I choose in keeping with the rules of this forum.

I respect most of your posts as well, except for this post which seems needlessly contentious and whinny.

People are gonna disagree in an internet discussion forum.

BTW-I'm not anti-Atogwe I think he's a good player nor am I anti-FA spree.

1st of all since when did you become the posting Czar?

2nd You state 'one-liners' in the plural which is an inaccurate statement b/c I've only made 1 one-liner

3rd I responded to your post in the draft thread. Last I checked I could respond to any post in any thread of my choosing in any manner I choose in keeping with the rules of this forum.

I respect most of your posts as well, except for this post which seems needlessly contentious and whinny.

People are gonna disagree in an internet discussion forum.

BTW-I'm not anti-Atogwe I think he's a good player nor am I anti-FA spree.

You swooped into the thread to drop a quick, sarcastic one-liner. Argue the semantics of what I said however you wish, but the point is, you're usually a very detailed and reasoned poster (which we're seeing in the other thread where this conversation is also ongoing). I was just saying that its below you to post that, when you know it will probably get a slew of negative responses, causing an argument that might not even be needed if you were to explain yourself from the very beginning.

Not meant to be a "post czar" type of deal. I apologize if this is how you took it. But this is obviously a hot-button issue with you, and its almost looks like you aren't liking the argument that's taking place in the other thread, so you took your frustration here and dropped that post. One thing is for sure, the tone you've taken in this post is entirely unnecessary, man.

TK better not be messing with us...

jsteelz and LL56 are saying the same things. They'd lose a lot of trust around here if they were ****ing with us :ols:

Things can always change, mind you. So I'm not saying this will be the case if they're "wrong". Just if they're ****ing with us intentionally.

According to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, the Bills are "thought to be interested" in free agent S O.J. Atogwe.

The Bills would use Atogwe at strong safety, a position he essentially played in St. Louis last season. It was Atogwe's first year playing mostly "in the box." Atogwe would be a far pricier option than fellow free agent Bob Sanders, whom Buffalo will host on Tuesday. But also much more durable.

Related: Bills

Source: St. Louis Post Dispatch Feb 21, 7:57 PM

TK Dont know!

According to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, the Bills are "thought to be interested" in free agent S O.J. Atogwe.

The Bills would use Atogwe at strong safety, a position he essentially played in St. Louis last season. It was Atogwe's first year playing mostly "in the box." Atogwe would be a far pricier option than fellow free agent Bob Sanders, whom Buffalo will host on Tuesday. But also much more durable.

Related: Bills

Source: St. Louis Post Dispatch Feb 21, 7:57 PM

TK Dont know!

They can be interested in whomever they want, until he leaves here without a contract, it doesn't matter how much they are interested in him.

But this is obviously a hot-button issue with you, and its almost looks like you aren't liking the argument that's taking place in the other thread, so you took your frustration here and dropped that post. One thing is for sure, the tone you've taken in this post is entirely unnecessary, man.

Its not a hot button issue w/ me at all I was just responding to the tone of your post.

And I've been posting on this topic in this thread:

Why even bother responding to a post if your answer is rhetorical?

The youth we have at S are the exact people you mentioned Moore, Doughty and Horton.

Lets not pretend that the S spot was our main weakness on defense.

Actually we don't have a hole at S we have holes at RDE, NT, RT, OC/RG.

Signing Atogwe is a spuerfluous move.

FA is a zero sum game there is a cap.

Signing player X for X amount of dollars and cap space reduces the ability to sign other players.

Is OJ an upgrade? Yes.

Is he that much better then a healthy Kareem Moore? We don't know b/c the team rushed Moore back on the field early following his knee surgery.

Will upgrading a S spot provide greater impact then addressing other areas of more pressing need? No

I never said safety was our main weakness but denying the obvious lack of consistency and blatant mistakes that were made at the position under said names would be foolish. I like Doughty and Moore I think they're great rotational players that will step up when necessary, but to think suddenly they will become all-pros or even reliable starters when we've seen them in spot duty for 2 years is assuming a lot.

Not every player on a roster is gonna be an all-pro.

I guess we disagree w/ our assessments of our Safeties.

Doughty has been a solid player for the past 2 seasons.

Most people don't even realize that he finished the 2009 season playing @ FS in Blache's system which is actually harder then playing S in Haslett's system.

Moore 1st action as a starter came this year when he probably came back too early following mid-season surgery, so the assessment on Moore remains incomplete.

But that fact that we have bigger needs still doesn't apply to why bringing in a top 10 FS that fits the scheme at a obviously lacking position is a bad thing.

It applies b/c there are limited number of moves that can be made in a given off season.

Therefore signing 1 player limits the other areas that can be addressed.

Saying we dont have a hole at safety just because Moore is there doesn't mean that the hole doesn't exist. He didn't show up last year because you figure he was rushed back from injury too soon? Laron balled out basicly on one leg so I would have to say Moore had been afforded time to show us what he has to offer. He is not anywhere near ready to come close to a player like OJ. I would say that Bryant showed that he could fill the hole at Nose tackle more than Moore showed he was a compitent free safety.

Imo a hole at a postion means there isn't competent NFL caliber play from that position.

Its not my opinion that he was brought back to soon Mike Shanahan said as much last year.

You also seem to forget that he had surgery during the season. If you don't think having surgery in the middle of the season is gonna effect how he plays then I don't know what to tell you.

I never said he was near OJ as player, and unless you can predict the future you don't what type of player Moore could become either.

My point is that the team owes it to themselves to find out.

Matt Bowens brings up some important questions about Moore that a re-builging team would be wise to find the answers to before they search for FA answers:

First, my take: Atogwe does things that Kareem Moore wasn't able to do this past season. How much of that was because of Moore's knee injury? Before he got hurt, Moore looked good.............My take: Moore's angles weren't very good, particularly vs. the run, and that meant few plays were made. Again, is that inexperience and his injury? Or is this who he is?

Read more at the Washington Examiner: http://washingtonexaminer.com/blogs/nfl/2011/02/bowen-atogwe-good-fit#ixzz1EdUCu1Z7

My response to stoney26 post cuts to the root cause.

You might not agree but it doesn't make the post any less valid.

We do not have a true GM.

Hey guys I really don't feel like reading throughout this whole thread. Can somebody give me a summary of what's going on?

We need an actual GM.

TK Dont know!

Why not? He's visiting us currently/first. It might not matter that Buffalo is interested.

Also, I believe he's more fit to play FS, as he would here for all intents and purposes. And its how Haslett used him to great effect in the past. I think the Bills have the wrong idea.

My response to stoney26 post cuts to the root cause.

You might not agree but it doesn't make the post any less valid.

We do not have a true GM.

Fair enough, and I apologize for any unintentional tone that might have been in my post.

Although I will say that I personally don't have a problem with Allen not being a "true" GM, because I knew that was going to be the case with Shanahan going in. He was Gruden's "yes man" as well as Al Davis' back in the day. Its not surprising. I'm just more confident in Shanahan's eye for talent, and ability to improve on his past mistakes.

Thanks for the recap wyvern. Was more than I was expecting. I'm all for this signing after thinking about it. We have a hole at FS at OJ should fit in nicely. Hope we dont break the bank but hey, it's not my money and as long as it's not Snyder calling the shots, I'm not going to question shanny or bruce.

I remember a time on extremeskins when all anybody wanted was vinny gone and a competent front office calling the shots. I also remember these same people saying they wouldn't question or ***** about the moves said new front office made, as long as it wasn't Dan and vin calling the shots.

I'm going to stick to my word and give these guys a couple years before I question and complain about every move made. I wish some of you all would do the same.

Why not? He's visiting us currently/first. It might not matter that Buffalo is interested.

Also, I believe he's more fit to play FS, as he would here for all intents and purposes. And its how Haslett used him to great effect in the past. I think the Bills have the wrong idea.

I would love to have OJ, and agree that he would be great next to Dirty30. But I think OJ will also check his other options, see what else he can get. I went through the whole V-Jax thing with TK, dude kept egging us on, telling us something was likely to happen, then nothing. All the people posting on the thread which I started (V-Jax thread) were like part of TK's on going joke. I just dont think the guy has any real inside information.

I would love to have OJ, and agree that he would be great next to Dirty30. But I think OJ will also check his other options, see what else he can get. I went through the whole V-Jax thing with TK, dude kept egging us on, telling us something was likely to happen, then nothing. All the people posting on the thread which I started (V-Jax thread) were like part of TK's on going joke. I just dont think the guy has any real inside information.

Do you even know the specifics of the VJ situation? There was nothing the Skins could do to obtain him, because A.J. Smith wouldn't cooperate. TK would have been right if he was available. That's a different situation.

Archived