Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Were we interested in OJ Atogwe last year ?

MOSSthaBOSS

It's not hard to start putting it all together. He had already arranged to visit Buffalo before he came here.

He met the coaches, toured the facility and took his physical. It's a process but nobody has said there aren't parameters of a contract laid out.

Can't see Buffalo as a better landing spot, working with unknown coaches/system versus here working with Hass again.

....Also wasn't it said that Buffalo may want him to play @ SS? That would be out of his natural position even though he played some of it last season.

Correct' date=' Atogwe could have been signed last year as an UFA. But we didn't dive in & sign him then. Now, following a 'year' of evaluation from the staff, they deem an upgrade at FS is needed.

Seems the obvious call to me.[/quote']

I believe he was restricted, then tagged, then signed to a long term deal. And we wanted him them, but couldnt get him.

The switch from the 4-3 to the 3-4 doesn't really effect the safeties and corners like it does the front 7. Moore was never the same after his injury and could bounce back to 08 &09 form but i would still sign OJ for the right price.

In the end it is a new system. Everything changes. I am not saying his injury didnt play a role. They always do. But still, the coaching staff had to see something to make them look. Maybe they don't see home being full strength next year.

People need to breathe and relax..no more wine,dine,and sign under Allen & Shanahan. Let things play out and if things change and he wants to go to buffalo then so be it. He will be here if he wants to be a Redskin. Everything went good today from my understanding. Shaun Rogers was here all of about 2-3 hours and isn't expected back but Oj was here for 7.

People need to breathe and relax..no more wine,dine,and sign under Allen & Shanahan. Let things play out and if things change and he wants to go to buffalo then so be it. He will be here if he wants to be a Redskin. Everything went good today from my understanding. Shaun Rogers was here all of about 2-3 hours and isn't expected back but Oj was here for 7.

Glad to hear it. Seems like a good fit. He could be productive for us for 4-5 years at a position of need. You can't fill all the holes and get ENTIRELY younger in one year.

Did I hear we have a couple of big boys and WRs we want to bring in too?

Awwwwww snap.

Just kidding. Thanks for the info as always. I like OJ and think a player with his intelligence and playmaking could do wonders for this defense. Throw in a legit NT, upgrade at DE, and an OLB to complement Rak and I guarantee you the whining about switching to the 3-4 will be a thing of the past.

sup bro lol.

St.Louis ran a 4-3 under Haslett when he was DC

Conceded. I knew Haslett was the DC for the Rams and interim HC, and I thought I saw he ran the 3-4 there. I re-checked the article after reading your post and I was wrong.

Though I don't think Atogwe will be as impacted in a 3-4 as that poster seemed to suggest. 3-4 and 4-3 refer to DL and LBers, the coverages from the secondary don't change from a 4-3 to a 3-4 as the DL and LBer positions do. Plus I highly doubt the team would be spending serious time talking with Atogwe if Haslett didn't think he was worth it, and Haslett coached him before as FS, so he has a better perspective than we do.

I'm not saying am upgrade at FS would not be nice but are you really saying you think FS is a bigger need that RDE, OLB and a starter to replace Rocky and or depth at ILB?

Front 7 is were we need to focus on defense before we start getting cute with the secondary IMO.

Well we know the Redskins have Swiss cheese for a defense as far as glaring needs. But we're talking about free agency here. There arnt many notable free agents out there at RDE,OLB, & ILB to play the 3-4. And I would much rather draft young talent at RDE, NT, ILB, and OLB than to sign free agents to fill the voids. But our secondary is already a veteran group with many years to go for Hall and Los. So adding a seasoned playmaker at FS only increases our options in what we're able to do in the 3-4. Finding a playmaker at FS or Corner to replace Rogers should be one of our top priorities in free agency, because they don't come around often in the draft..

Like I said earlier, I'm not surprised there was no signing yesterday, Bruce was at the CBA meetings. I could be wrong in this thinking but I would think that Bruce would have to be present for a deal to get done. I guess they have a plan, I would think that if they planned to sign OJ before he walked out the door, they would have planned it so Bruce would be a part of the visit. Maybe they are letting him make his visit to Buffalo so they can get an idea of his value around the league and then they will make him an offer..... Just my thoughts on the whole thing.

MrLandry30 Laron Landry

@ @KMO41AMN say bra what the talk is about ojrams21??? WTF 71 all day ya feel me!!!??

Landry tweeting Moore Lol

KMO41AMN Kareem moore

@ @MrLandry30 lmao man u knw what it is umma do me #71#

translator, please.

really. i want to know what that means.

MrLandry30 Laron Landry

@ @KMO41AMN say bra what the talk is about ojrams21??? WTF 71 all day ya feel me!!!??

Landry tweeting Moore Lol

KMO41AMN Kareem moore

@ @MrLandry30 lmao man u knw what it is umma do me #71#

translator, please.

really. i want to know what that means.

Landry to Moore: Man, what's all this about Atogwe? I want to keep you at free safety and me at strong safety.

Moore to Landry: Yeah, you and I both. I'm a big fan of our safety tandem.

Landry to Moore: Man, what's all this about Atogwe? I want to keep you at free safety and me at strong safety.

Can I get you something?"

"Chi, mo' fo buttuh layin' into the bone, 'sjackin' me up. Tightly."

"I'm sorry, I don't understand."

"Cut he say can't hang."

"Oh stewardess? I speak Jive."

"Oh, good."

"He said that he's in great pain, and he wants to know if you can help him.""

Alright, would you tell him to just relax and I'll be back as soon as I can with some medicine."

"Jes' hang loose, blood. She gonna catch up on the rebound on the med. side."

"What it is, big mama, my mama didn't raise no dummies, I dug her rap."

"Cut me some slack, Jack!"[Volley of Jive talkin']"Chump don't want no help, chump don't get no help.""

Say can't hang, say seven up.""Jive ass dude don't got no brains, anyhow."

http://www.wavplanet.com/wavs.php?cat=1&subcat=6

I think Moore to Landry is more of....Don't worry about that. I am going to do what I need to, to start.

---------- Post added February-23rd-2011 at 02:32 PM ----------

If this is your position, then everything is also going to change for Atogwe, who has never played in a 3-4.

Well then I guess we run the exact same system as the Ravens, Steelers, Cowboys, and others. I also guess that Shannahans offensive system is exactly like Bill Walsh's.

This is my stance.....Atogwe has played for Haslett and succeeded for three years. Moore played for him for one and sucked. Injury probably played a role, but regardless, his angles and tackeling were piss poor.

I have to agree. Atogwe, would be a good fit for out system. Too bad he left Redskins park the other day with no deal. I agree with AKM311. I'm not comfortable with the people we have at FS. Remember what happened when Landry went one on one with Jackson from the Eagles? He fell right on his face. No competition at all. And what does Reed Doughty do at FS? Absolutely nothing.

Archived