Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Were we interested in OJ Atogwe last year ?

MOSSthaBOSS

I have to agree. Atogwe, would be a good fit for out system. Too bad he left Redskins park the other day with no deal. I agree with AKM311. I'm not comfortable with the people we have at FS. Remember what happened when Landry went one on one with Jackson from the Eagles? He fell right on his face. No competition at all. And what does Reed Doughty do at FS? Absolutely nothing.

I think him leaving without signing is only good news. Shows restraint and if Atogwe does end up signing here, it will be because he wants to play here. Not because we gave the best contract like we have in the past.

I think him leaving without signing is only good news. Shows restraint and if Atogwe does end up signing here, it will be because he wants to play here. Not because we gave the best contract like we have in the past.

Yup as said by others. Had Vinny & Dan been still running things, they would have wined & dined him and offered him a contract about $10-15mill over market value just so he wouldn't leave. I'm glad they allowed him to go, see what other teams are offering, and if a team like Buffalo is offering more than we are willing to match..."Well OJ it was nice having you here for the visit, good luck..."

I have to agree. Atogwe, would be a good fit for out system. Too bad he left Redskins park the other day with no deal. I agree with AKM311. I'm not comfortable with the people we have at FS. Remember what happened when Landry went one on one with Jackson from the Eagles? He fell right on his face. No competition at all. And what does Reed Doughty do at FS? Absolutely nothing.
Like I said earlier, I'm not surprised there was no signing yesterday, Bruce was at the CBA meetings. I could be wrong in this thinking but I would think that Bruce would have to be present for a deal to get done. I guess they have a plan, I would think that if they planned to sign OJ before he walked out the door, they would have planned it so Bruce would be a part of the visit. Maybe they are letting him make his visit to Buffalo so they can get an idea of his value around the league and then they will make him an offer..... Just my thoughts on the whole thing.

This is my opinion why he left without a deal...

It will be interesting to see if the same approach is taken with the bigger named FA IF and once a new CBA is agreed to.

I think it will. The only type of player I see us not letting leave without a contract, is a QB. I don't see any in this FA class, but if there is one, we will do what we have to do to keep them here.

Outside of that, I think the philosophy will be to get players who want to be here.

I think it will. The only type of player I see us not letting leave without a contract, is a QB. I don't see any in this FA class, but if there is one, we will do what we have to do to keep them here.

Outside of that, I think the philosophy will be to get players who want to be here.

That's why I think it will be a different song and dance after the CBA is redone for a players like Soliari, Rice (if he's not restricted) and others.

I believe he was restricted, then tagged, then signed to a long term deal. And we wanted him them, but couldnt get him.

No, the Rams declined to offer him a one-year tender. He became an UFA, then hooked up again with the Rams a few weeks later.

He was on the open market last June.

I wanted us to get him real bad last offseason (I posted about it on here a few times). From what I remember, there was some rumored interest, but not much beyond that. I really hope we can get him this offseason. As long as he's not looking for huge money, sign him to a 3 year deal and have one less position to worry about for a while. NT is by far our biggest worry on D, but after that it honestly might be FS, and there aren't really any other options at the moment. If we miss out on Atogwe, we'll be gambling with Barnes and Moore.

I wanted us to get him real bad last offseason (I posted about it on here a few times). From what I remember, there was some rumored interest, but not much beyond that. I really hope we can get him this offseason. As long as he's not looking for huge money, sign him to a 3 year deal and have one less position to worry about for a while. NT is by far our biggest worry on D, but after that it honestly might be FS, and there aren't really any other options at the moment. If we miss out on Atogwe, we'll be gambling with Barnes and Moore.

The bolded part, its that kind of thinking that works in Madden. I want Atogwe as well (at the right price), but there are no guarentuees he will solve the issues at that spot. But that is why I want Moore here as well. The more options the better. But there is no guarentuee that any player (FA or draft) will fix the position for sure.

c4man5282 CF

@LL56xtremeskins @TKextremeskins Any idea besides the Bill where OJ was visiting?

LL56xtremeskins LL

@

@c4man5282 @TKextremeskins don't think it matters. Oj is either Going to be a skin or a ram.

http://twitter.com/#!/LL56xtremeskins/status/40799139792945152

TKextremeskins TK

@

@LL56xtremeskins @c4man5282 Well the ramrods have our Qb. But we have OJs coach. :)

http://twitter.com/#!/TKextremeskins/status/40801523554455552

Sounds like the lambs aren't going down without swinging...

OneRamsWay St. Louis Rams

On safety Oshiomogho Atogwe and potentially bringing him back: "We don't feel like that's over yet."

http://twitter.com/#!/OneRamsWay/status/40797960820359169

That makes no sense! If they wanted to keep him so badly then they should have just paid his option rather than releasing him! I don't get how Atogwe would want to go back to the team that basically said through their actions, "you're too expensive so we are dropping you and then bringing you back on board at a discounted price."

That makes no sense! If they wanted to keep him so badly then they should have just paid his option rather than releasing him! I don't get how Atogwe would want to go back to the team that basically said through their actions, "you're too expensive so we are dropping you and then bringing you back on board at a discounted price."

Good point...I hope he remembers that! This is the 2nd year in a row they've (rams) given him the runaround.

i agree, i think he will resign with the rams, much like santana moss i think he likes where he is, and as long as he receives a fair offer i think his preference is to stay in st. Louis. We might just have to hope that kareem moore's struggleds were injury related. maybe draft a young guy in the 5th like ahmad black from florida if he is there, and hope he develops into a good player.

well, it would be one thing if this was an isolated incident...but he is consistently wrong with these things. it gets really annoying

i've been around awhile. tk is connected, no doubt. things happen. atogwe and his reps could have put out a #, skins said ok, and the rams called. they still want him. lots of things could have happened. he've giving the best info he can at the time he has it.

They are letting him explore his options. They want him there but he wants to do what's best for him. Since they let him explore what's out there, he may give them a hometown discount.

yeah what happened to "uh oh someone just needs to pass his physical" ???

If you're going to quote me without sourcing me, at least get it right & not cherry pick two different quotes into one to fit your inability to comprehend. :)

Archived