Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Thank-You Dan Snyder

Mark The Homer

You are just embarrassing. This is from an outsider with no horse in this race. And by race, I mean this embarrassing internet macho-man contest.

Can we please get this thread back on track where it belongs? Ridiculing the existence of a "Thank You Dan Snyder" thread and pointing out how awful the Skins' owner is?

Thanks in advance.

For a thank you Dan Snyder thread. This is way to long.

Go to sleep. When you wake up it will all be over. Sleep

---------- Post added February-9th-2011 at 03:40 PM ----------

You are just embarrassing. This is from an outsider with no horse in this race. And by race, I mean this embarrassing internet macho-man contest.

You snuck on the bus. Put your helmet on before I get a ticket. Your comment is despicable and lame. What are you babbling about?

The problem I have with Redskin fans (especially die hard fans who belong to this site) buying into the whole media circus is that it leaves no one to defend the franchise. Generally, you have the casual fans who are interested in the Redskins because they live in Washington and because the Redskins are front-page news through most of the late-summer through early-winter. They hear people yapping on the radio about Snyder or Shanahan or Haynesworth and they get very one-sided versions of what's going on.

So, when some of our die hard fans are becoming those people and just regurgitating what Chad Dukes or UnWise Mike or Mike Wilbon says about the team, it leaves me to wonder who is left to set the record straight. Now, I'll admit that sometimes criticisms are very fair. But, the people who read a negative article like the one referenced in the lawsuit and just take it at face value just fuel the fire.

My mother-in-law likes football but isn't very knowledgeable. She obviously knows that I'm a huge fan so she'll strike up conversation with me about the Skins from time to time. It'll always start with something like..."Did you hear that Schneider might fire Shanahan?? On the radio, "they" were saying that he's already losing patience and is going to fire him just like he did with Marty, Spurrier, Gibbs, and Zorn! Can you believe that?"

Bless her heart...she's trying. But when I read similarly thought-out posts on a Redskins message board, complete with fallacies and speculation, it gets discouraging. We are supposed to be the ones to keep the record set straight when things are being exaggerated or misrepresented. Granted, again, there are plenty of things to honestly fault Snyder about...but there are both sides to the story and that's all Mark was attempting to do. Re-read the original McKenna article and tell me that he doesn't contradict himself or reach plenty of times.

A post of quality in a sea of trash...well said, TD, well said...

That's fine, I was legitimately asking. Wasn't sure if he did or not....If I'm not mistaken there are posters on here who do.

No worries, I took it as such. Was tough to word it to not sound confrontational through all this name calling noise in this thread, lol...

You snuck on the bus. Put your helmet on before I get a ticket. Your comment is despicable and lame. What are you babbling about?

brett, I'm REALLY trying to not sound as a wannabe mod, but seriously man, can you just tone it down. Conn is actually a respected poster, and he, along with many of us, are reaching the end of our patient levels, I'm certain.

brett, I'm REALLY trying to not sound as a wannabe mod, but seriously man, can you just tone it down. Conn is actually a respected poster, and he, along with many of us, are reaching the end of our patient levels, I'm certain.

I am posting my thought and have not been disrepectful to anyone. I am in support of Marks meassage to you all. if you are not trying to be a wanna be, then don't. I don't care if you don't like that I commented on his comment. When did you become the police? If you don't like the sound of the music, turn the radio OFF.

My patience is wearing thin with the likes of you who kidnapped this post with negative things about Dan.

I am posting my thought and have not been disrepectful to anyone. I am in support of Marks meassage to you all. if you are not trying to be a wanna be, then don't. I don't care if you don't like that I commented on his comment. When did you become the police? If you don't like the sound of the music, turn the radio OFF.

My patience is wearing thin with the likes of you who kidnapped this post with negative things about Dan.

The sad part of this post, is that if you stepped away from the name calling long enough to actually READ my posts in this thead, I AGREE with Mark whole-heartedly. So EVEN THOUGH I agree with some of your premise, the name calling is wearing thin.

:ols: My point is made.

But seriously, you're putting on a nice troll act. Chill.

Don't Hate beacuse I like Dan and give support whether they win or lose.

When they are losing i turn it off, when they win I cheer. I like some of the things he has done, not all. But I am not whining like a soured baby like many here are.

Sounds like the troll is you my friend. You dont have enough years to have Redkins savy anyway.

Open Letter To Dan Only,

I have done all I could do to make the special ones here see that you are truly trying to do your best to correct past behavior and mind sets. I beleive you are doing a tremendous job at changing your position. I understand that what you hope to accomplish in coaches, players, personnel, stadiums, training complexes etc, will never ever satisfy some of the Special people here and around the WORLD.

So here is my advice to you, contimue to own the team, continue to do all you can do to win a championship and field entertaining teams AND piss off all of the people who want you to sell the team and whine all day about thier miserable lives.

They only do it beacuse they are miserable

PS, Janky Spanky has to go poo poo, can we use your key to the executive ladies room?

Wow! The system truly failed you amigo. The letter has been marked "return to sender."

The sad part of this post, is that if you stepped away from the name calling long enough to actually READ my posts in this thead, I AGREE with Mark whole-heartedly. So EVEN THOUGH I agree with some of your premise, the name calling is wearing thin.

Show me where I called anyone a name

---------- Post added February-9th-2011 at 03:57 PM ----------

brett trying to make the snyder supporters look retarded??? **myguess

:D

Seriously, I respect the opinions, just dont agree

Open Letter To Dan Only,

I have done all I could do to make the special ones here see that you are truly trying to do your best to correct past behavior and mind sets. I beleive you are doing a tremendous job at changing your position. I understand that what you hope to accomplish in coaches, players, personnel, stadiums, training complexes etc, will never ever satisfy some of the Special people here and around the WORLD.

So here is my advice to you, contimue to own the team, continue to do all you can do to win a championship and field entertaining teams AND piss off all of the people who want you to sell the team and whine all day about thier miserable lives.

PS, Janky Spanky has to go poo poo, can we use your key to the executive ladies room?

I am not complaining about Snyder because my life is "miserable." (Quite the contrary). I'm complaining because I love the Redskins, and Snyder has severely damaged the team. However I, like you, believe that Snyder has finally done the right thing, and turned the football side over to Shanahan and Allen.

But don't call me or others on here "special" or "miserable" because we are angry about the past, because we hold a grudge, because we are sick of Snyder's arrogance and ego, because Snyder doing "all he can do to win championships" has not worked out so well because he's been trying to do it HIS way, not the right way. The truth is, it helps us feel a little better about losing year after year when we have someone to blame.

And don't say we are out of line for blaming Snyder -- because we are not. The team pissed away draft picks year after year under his watch. We as fans sat by idly while he and Cerrato interviewed and hired coordinators and assistant coaches before even hiring a head coach!!!!!!! He refused to listen, for 12 years, to people telling him to give up control, or else the team is going to keep losing.

Now, he finally has listened, we believe. And I think we will return to the playoffs in 2012. But stop with this routine that we are out of line to be a little bit skeptical that he has changed while still criticizing him on the past. He deserves all the criticism.

Honestly, I'm glad to see Dan finally fight back. His ridicule has become a trend.

Of course, I realize the potential for this all to backfire..

It's all in what you want, i guess.. whats right or whats percieved as right.

Thanks for pointing out some good things that our owner has done as well.. We're spoiled, as a fanbase, to some degree. Year after year our owner ponied out the cheddar in EFFORT to field the best team money could buy. Obviously, it didnt work as planned.. But don't discredit the effort..

Patience.. We are 1 year into a new system; a new mindset.

Regardless, HAIL!

You have. You are disrespectful and condescending. And childish.

I don't disagree with Mark's message at all in the OP. I said something because you're acting like a fool and partaking in some pretty embarrassing trolling.

But just keep pretending that anyone who has a problem with your bull**** is actually disagreeing with what you believe. :doh:

Sounds like the troll is you my friend. You dont have enough years to have Redkins savy anyway.

What does this even mean?

You know Brett, you tried doing this before and were called out on it.

Please refrain from the personal attacks. Debate the merits of the argument as your attacks do absolutely nothing to further your argument. In fact, your statements can actually hurt your argument as nobody will take you seriously.

---------- Post added February-9th-2011 at 04:18 PM ----------

I am posting my thought and have not been disrepectful to anyone..

Oh really?

Open Letter To Dan Only,

Honestly, I'm glad to see Dan finally fight back. His ridicule has become a trend.

I think that the best kind of fighting back he could have done is what he did last year -- get rid of Cerrato and hire a real GM and veteran superbowl winning coach. In other words, actually take steps to change his reputation rather than call national attention to an article outlining many legitimate past beefs. All this has done is stir up a hornets nest.

As I mentioned in a recent thread started by Kleese, I think the suspicion is that the people see Snyder being petty over the lawsuit or at least some aspect of it (saying that the doodling on his face was "anti-Semitic" and that McKenna greatly insulted his wife) as likely having bled over at times to decisions he made as owner of this team. Firing Marty after one damn season because Schotty wouldn't hire a GM (and just who did Dan bring in to fill this position). Not hiring Gregg Williams likely because he wouldn't kiss Dan's butt.

Maybe it presently has nothing to do with our team. I'm fine with the current structure, and don't have any evidence that Snyder is currently involved in any football-related decisions. But consider me less than confident that our owner has changed his stripes permanently, particularly when he makes statements saying he "doesn't have to be as involved" if he has a coach like Joe Gibbs or Mike Shanahan. We might not have that luxury when the vacancy is open next time.

And again, it has nothing to do with football decisions he made then and now. Any shady things he did under Snyder Communications has nothing to do with our football team and how we suck. That's the point I'm trying to make. Most of the bad news from him has been anything other than football.

I hate reading this point from people. No offense to you personally, but unless Snyder comes out AHEAD by donating to charities, it's still generous. I think we should leave charitable donations off the table of criticism, to be honest. You don't know what motivates him to contribute to charities. He might donate to cancer charities since both he and his wife have dealt with the disease. It's not cool to tear into someone (no matter how rich they are) for sharing their wealth with worthy causes.

my point with this is that hes not going out of his way to do something above and beyond. hes got zillions of dollars to spare, so hes going to donate it to charities. its awesome that he does, but every rich person in the public eye does this sort of thing, its not something he should get extra praise for as if hes doing something extraordinary.

Wow, I leave for 8 hours and this thread has gotten so far off track I doubt anyone remembers where it started. Here are my real feelings:

I hope Dan Snyder wins the lawsuit, the writer has to sell his home to pay his legal bills, and ends up in prison after he starts a heroine habit. Then, I hope he gets stabbed in the back in prison and his arms are paralyzed, but he can still walk.

After getting out of prison in 30 years, due to constant bad behavior, and spending half of it in solitary, he finds out that everyone wrote him off as being dead, his wife ran off and is a carney where she married a clown, his kids forgot about him, and he's then stuck alone trying to make a new life as a elementary school cook, but can't, because his arms don't work.

I also hope that in that time, the Skins win every SB while he's in prison, the league actually gets tired of the Redskins winning, makes a rule that the team can only compete in every other SB, even though we go undefeated every season, and the only way Snyder would agree to it is because they renamed the trophy the "Snyder is never changing the Redskins name so get over it" trophy.

Other options for the trophy are the "Go Whalers" trophy, or the "I hate trees" trophy. The "**** the lab animals" award is another option. I also like fur coats, am all for profiling, love capitalism, hate foreigners, love getting taxed, give tons of my money to charity because I'm greedy, and want the poor to suffer.

Heck, since this is a thread where we are free to post any random thought we feel necessary, I just figured I'd throw in mine, I mean, they do, in some way have something to do with Thanking Dan.

my point with this is that hes not going out of his way to do something above and beyond. hes got zillions of dollars to spare, so hes going to donate it to charities. its awesome that he does, but every rich person in the public eye does this sort of thing, its not something he should get extra praise for as if hes doing something extraordinary.

If that was your point, then I agree. From the post of yours that I quoted though, it sounded as though you were questioning WHY he donated:

"im sure he doesnt get massive tax write offs when he donates to charities, surely he just does it out of the kindness of his huuuuge heart! its really hard to donate 6 million bucks when youre worth like 6 billion."

If that was your point, then I agree. From the post of yours that I quoted though, it sounded as though you were questioning WHY he donated:

"im sure he doesnt get massive tax write offs when he donates to charities, surely he just does it out of the kindness of his huuuuge heart! its really hard to donate 6 million bucks when youre worth like 6 billion."

im definitely being sarcastic, because if you read through the lawsuit he filed theres a few paragraphs trying to paint him as mother teresa which aint the case. rich guys donate tons of money to charities, its just the norm for them. he shouldnt be thanked, that sort of generosity is expected from a guy whos worth billions of dollars.

Archived