Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Thank-You Dan Snyder

Mark The Homer

I never said it was excusable to yell at anyone. I don't. I have been in the CEO position a few times, generating millions with more than a few hundred employees. So that is not my idea of good management. However, I have observed in meetings incompetency from cfo's to secretaries and it is enough to make you want to spit blood. So I don't know the circumstances.

All I know is what you told this board.

You meant entry to capitalize on his company's growth.

Remember his ego got him to where he is today and a lot of people envy and would like to be in his situation, did not say his ego was right, just saying it obviously got him where he is today.He may have needed something from you, but he absolutely dominated that room with his prescence.

There is a vast difference between "dominating a room with your presence," and "dominating a room." He dominated the room, but not with his presence. You should know the difference if you have been in the CEO position.

Snyder sought exit. Consistent with the practices of any investment firm, we evaluated the SNC opportunity and took a meeting. We passed because the risk-reward didn't make sense. Havas didn't pass. The rest is history, to use a cliché.

Dan Snyder is one of the greatest men who has ever been associated with this franchise. The lack of respect here makes me sick.

The man has put his heart and soul into the organization for the past 10 years, and this is how you treat him?

This team unites generations and gives shared experiences that fans worldwide can enjoy.

We should be thanking him on a daily basis for all he's done for us, and yet he continues to treat all fans as his #1 priority. He never forgets who he's working for.

Thank you, Mr. Snyder.

I want to ask everyone a question. Would you rather have Dan as a owner, who, even though has failed at fielding a winner, but tries (probably too much) or someone like the Bengals or Bills owner, who could give 2 rats asses whether the team is good or not, but they'd rather save a buck or two.

I never said it was excusable to yell at anyone. I don't. I have been in the CEO position a few times, generating millions with more than a few hundred employees. So that is not my idea of good management. However, I have observed in meetings incompetency from cfo's to secretaries and it is enough to make you want to spit blood. So I don't know the circumstances.

All I know is what you told this board.

You meant entry to capitalize on his company's growth.

Remember his ego got him to where he is today and a lot of people envy and would like to be in his situation, did not say his ego was right, just saying it obviously got him where he is today.He may have needed something from you, but he absolutely dominated that room with his prescence.

Danny?

Don't write anything too offensive in this thread, because he may get offended take over this board and censor this just like he censored the posters 2 years ago
As much as I love to bash Snyder I can honestly say I don't believe this ever happened.

If any poster here was edited it was due to a violation of the rules - not due to content. I have always thought the mods were generous to a fault in this regard.

As much as I love to bash Snyder I can honestly say I don't believe this ever happened.

If any poster here was edited it was due to a violation of the rules - not due to content. I have always thought the mods were generous to a fault in this regard.

hahaha Posters as in you bring them to the stadium (Fedex field)

Not posters as in someone who post in this i edited now

To use a monstrous hyperbole: King George III wasn't leaving any time soon. I guess all those Boston tea chuckers were kicking and screaming like 2 year olds.

To tone down the hyperbole: this is America, and a football franchise is, in part, a public good. Dissatisfaction in the fanbase must be heard, it's one of our inalienable rights, or something.

Then by god, you better go get your picket sign and take it to Redskins park Paul Revere, because the British are coming.

Look, I'm not defending Snyder at all. He's been horrible. I hate what has happened to the Redskins. I wish it were different. I wish we were run like the Steelers/Packers/Etc. But, it's just a game. I counted twelve (that's TWELVE) anti Snyder threads in here the other day. This is just piling on.

We've more or less been losing team the past decade, and some fans need a scapegoat, a convenient villain, and Snyder fills that role for them. Some of it definitely is warranted, some of it is not. IMO Snyder gets over-villainized by some, to the point of irrationality where the only way what they say makes sense is if Snyder is both dumb as a post and also an evil mastermind controlling every minute detail. Basically they get so emotional over it, which is ridiculous, that Snyder can't get a shred of credit for anything good, it's impossible (hence irrational) so then you get people who can't even post one thing positive in a thread asking for such as a counter to the numerous negative threads, and instead continue rolling around in the slop they've created.

I'm glad Snyder got the HDtron in, hired a GM and stepped back, and I'm glad he hasn't raised ticket prices in awhile, and that he doesn't charge the city to pay for the stadium like so many owners do.

Everyone addressed JKC as Mr. Cooke. Joe Gibbs still calls him Mr. Cooke to this day. Moot point.

I'm not sure about "everyone" but I think Joe referred to JKC as "Mr. Cooke" primarily out of respect due to JKC being an older man. In his presser when he came back to coach, Joe referred to Snyder as "Daniel."

---------- Post added February-9th-2011 at 01:51 PM ----------

I counted twelve (that's TWELVE) anti Snyder threads in here the other day. This is just piling on.

Perhaps, but this is ExtremeSkins, and you know, it wasn't the City Paper who sued itself over a three-month-old article.

I want to ask everyone a question. Would you rather have Dan as a owner, who, even though has failed at fielding a winner, but tries (probably too much) or someone like the Bengals or Bills owner, who could give 2 rats asses whether the team is good or not, but they'd rather save a buck or two.

well, i really am not a fan of this logic, its just one that keeps failure in focus...of course id take Dan over some of the worst owners in the league. Dan is not the worst.

i just dont go along with the whole "well ____________ is worse than Dan, so be happy" logic. yes, unless you are at complete rock bottom, with anything...you can always find something worse. doesnt mean that your situation is good or should be looked upon as something to not make you unhappy or give you reasons to complain.

so what, there is worse out there. doesnt mean i have to be happy with the mediocre owner that we have, just cause he isnt the worst.

Then by god, you better go get your picket sign and take it to Redskins park Paul Revere, because the British are coming.

That's kind of what I'm doing. Except I'm doing it on the internet with virtual picket signs, because I live in Massachusetts.

Mark,

You are grasping at straws, my friend.

Yeah, the pitchfork mob must have its Frankenstein.

---------- Post added February-9th-2011 at 01:58 PM ----------

Danny?

funny AND original. nobody has ever though to do this before. man, you are a trailblazer. such an enriching and thought-provoking joke. the board is a little better now thanks to your trivializing another's position rather than addressing the merit of their argument.

Mark,

You are grasping at straws, my friend.

LOL I wonder if MTH has seen what a monster this thread has grown into.

Mark is as hardcore as they come and is just about as irreplaceable asset to this board as there is. And anyone who follows Mark's posts knows that his primary focus is on the game/stadium experience and thus the meat of his OP was geared in that way, and its true, the things he mentioned have all been positive changes for that experience.

The problem is, using a different analogy than LKB's, is its like praising a child who has finally caught up after being behind his classmates for multiple years.

I want to have my cake and eat it too, and that's not too much to ask in this situation.

I want an owner who is willing to sign checks and spend freely to get an incredible team on the field, while at the same time realizing he doesn't understand football and letting professionals make football decisions.

It's not too much to ask -- we shouldn't have to make the choice you posited above.

I'm not sure about "everyone" but I think Joe referred to JKC as "Mr. Cooke" primarily out of respect due to JKC being an older man. In his presser when he came back to coach, Joe referred to Snyder as "Daniel."

---------- Post added February-9th-2011 at 01:51 PM ----------

Perhaps, but this is ExtremeSkins, and you know, it wasn't the City Paper who sued itself over a three-month-old article.

Maybe "Dan" had so much respect for Gibbs that he let him call him Dan? I don't think I've heard Daniel. And Gibbs is older than Snyder.

Well, how does a personal lawsuit filed by Snyder "really" effect you? Other than another negative headline, it has nothing to do with the football team. The reason for the suit has nothing to do with the football team. It was over something said when Snyder owned Snyder Communications. Again, how does that effect you? It has no effect on me.

---------- Post added February-9th-2011 at 02:17 PM ----------

well, i really am not a fan of this logic, its just one that keeps failure in focus...of course id take Dan over some of the worst owners in the league. Dan is not the worst.

i just dont go along with the whole "well ____________ is worse than Dan, so be happy" logic. yes, unless you are at complete rock bottom, with anything...you can always find something worse. doesnt mean that your situation is good or should be looked upon as something to not make you unhappy or give you reasons to complain.

so what, there is worse out there. doesnt mean i have to be happy with the mediocre owner that we have, just cause he isnt the worst.

Fine. I'm not saying we should accept mediocraty. But for all the bad he's done, he tries. Again, I'm not defending his tenure here as it's been abysmal. But it could be worse.

---------- Post added February-9th-2011 at 02:22 PM ----------

I want to have my cake and eat it too, and that's not too much to ask in this situation.

I want an owner who is willing to sign checks and spend freely to get an incredible team on the field, while at the same time realizing he doesn't understand football and letting professionals make football decisions.

It's not too much to ask -- we shouldn't have to make the choice you posited above.

I want it to. I wish it didn't take 10 years. But, hopefully we are going in the right direction under Allen and Shanahan. Detroit had to put up with Matt Millen for many years and the owner finally after many years (sound familiar?) listened and they seem to be going in the right direction. But 3 years later, they still are not where they want to be. It will take years before the Lions see a return on it and it make take us just as long to undo 10 years of BS.

Point is, why pile on. This is the same negativity that has kept this franchise down. In a year where things look like they might be going in a better direction, everyone wants to keep on crapping on this franchise, especially the owner. Let Mike and Bruce have a few years before we pass judgement on his Snyder move.

---------- Post added February-9th-2011 at 02:23 PM ----------

We've more or less been losing team the past decade, and some fans need a scapegoat, a convenient villain, and Snyder fills that role for them. Some of it definitely is warranted, some of it is not. IMO Snyder gets over-villainized by some, to the point of irrationality where the only way what they say makes sense is if Snyder is both dumb as a post and also an evil mastermind controlling every minute detail. Basically they get so emotional over it, which is ridiculous, that Snyder can't get a shred of credit for anything good, it's impossible (hence irrational) so then you get people who can't even post one thing positive in a thread asking for such as a counter to the numerous negative threads, and instead continue rolling around in the slop they've created.

I'm glad Snyder got the HDtron in, hired a GM and stepped back, and I'm glad he hasn't raised ticket prices in awhile, and that he doesn't charge the city to pay for the stadium like so many owners do.

Great Post. Best one in here.

That's actually not the job of the owner, it's the job of the football operations staff (GM). Snyder's job is much bigger than the product on the field since he needs to also turn a profit, be cognizant of philanthropy, etc.

Yes, but Snyder is the man who hires the staff. The buck stops with him. So far, he hasn't made the right hires. And he is lucky that he has one of the most devout fan bases going or else he would be having trouble turning profit (that and the $35 for parking, etc.).

---------- Post added February-9th-2011 at 02:26 PM ----------

This thread may be the best example of a good thread gone horridly wrong by overrun with idiots I've ever seen. Hell, in the OP, Mark isn't even trying to SUPPORT Dan, his ACTUAL POINT he's making is that this overkill of negative Dan bashing is WAY out of hand. And what happens in this thread? It continually gets worse. Not that there shouldn't be the discussion back and forth, but the majority of the posts and juvenile name calling is downright hysterical.

Ryp - not to call you out, but to clarify, NO he doesn't. Hell he, and many of the mods, actually VOLUNTEER to work on the site just because they are die hard fans and never get paid a dime. So his objective view point is truly that... objective. To further prove my point, read threads such as this:

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?339620-BEWARE-of-so-called-quot-VIKINGS-PLAYER-TICKET-RETURNS-quot

That's fine, I was legitimately asking. Wasn't sure if he did or not....If I'm not mistaken there are posters on here who do.

This.

The logic behind "oh, would you rather have Danny or Ralph Wilson" is full of crap and everyone knows it.

We know what a good owner is supposed to do. A pile of manure doesn't look any better if you put a bigger pile of manure next to it.

Yes, without a doubt.

I believe Dan Snyder is the worst owner in football. Anyone else would be better.

The whole "he wants to win" thing is useless. I'm not convinced he actually cares - he is making a huge profit and for better or worse his boneheaded moves seem to work in that department.

Archived