Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Thank-You Dan Snyder

Mark The Homer

The main point is this - Snyder DID run something into the ground even if you don't accept that it was the team.

Our collective pride in this team. These days, it's practically shameful to be a Skins fan, and that's all Snyder's fault. It's not because the Skins are losers, it's because they owned by a guy whose practically every decision - both on and off the field - inspires loathing.

Believe me...a very big part of me wonders what it would be like if JKC had simply willed the team to John. I think it would still have that community feel to it. I'm just trying to put things into perspective when people in this thread are painting a picture of a sudden on-field drop-off. Hell, 2000 wasn't even the franchise's first foray into high-priced defensive FAs...Stubby and Wilkenson blew up in our faces after we tried to put the 1997 team "over the top" in 1998.

But again, I understand and respect your position.

How do any of you know Dan is a dick or any other name you call him. Do any of you know him personally? I should say not. If any of you really got to know him you might just like him.

How many times have you been called names behind your back, only to have some one look at you crook eyed, like you had two heads and didn't like you based off whay someone else's opinion of you was?

Did you like it?

No I have never met him personally, just saying.

I doubt many of us here have met him personally, but there are just too many stories out there.....and after a while, the volume of stuff starts to give enough evidence that yeah, Snyder is a jerk.

Hell, after the playoff loss to Tampa in Snyder's first year, my mom and stepdad were celebrating their anniversary at a Philly restaurant and the maitre d comes over to ask how they're doing, and my stepdad mentions that my mom is a bit down because the Skins lost. The maitre d' proceeds to say that he has nothing against the Skins, but if the owner never set foot in the restaurant.....apparently Jeff Lurie had taken Snyder to the place earlier in the season and according to the maitre d, Snyder had acted like a petulant child.

Couple seasons ago we're taking the escalator up to the club level and as we pass the owner's level Dan is walking by with others. Numerous people on the escalator are calling out "Hey Mr Snyder, Hey Dan!!" in friendly voices. Do you think the guy could do as much as muster a wave of acknowledgement? Instead, looking down, hands jammed in his pockets.......

Leaving ice cream on Mike Nolan's desk. Making Norv wait for hours after his last game as Skins coach. The long-time insistence of having people call him "Mr. Snyder." Hell, go read Feinstein's blog.......the story he tells of Dan sending wine to his table, only to get confrontational with Feinstein when he went to Dan's table to thanks him......classic.

Yep, guy sounds like a true prize.

Do you mind sharing some?

Says cant stand the guy because every time he sees him he calls him "Dan" haha and Dan gets ****in pissed. So when Dan had an owners party (just a couple owners over for dinner) he wouldn't let him in the house because he said "how u doing Dan" and refused to call him Mr Snyder

So are you supposed to praise the parent, or tell them how ***** their casserole is? What do you think is more effective?

More like an abusive parent who is being monitored after 10 years of a free reign of terror over his children. He thus has to act good for the monitoring person.

Bruce Allen is keeping Danny straight with good advice. Once he's gone, it'll be back to the same old same old.

It's annoying how people say "oh, he's a great guy....he gives lots of money to charity....a couple times he has let players use his plane when there's a family emergency, etc...." Those things are easy -- if you're wealthy, you give some money to charity. If you have a jet, sometime you let friends use it (i'm always letting my friends use my jet). But how does Snyder treat the average person he comes across in his day -- by all accounts, he treats them like garbage.

Some of this stories are coming in this thread, some have been recounted in other threads, but it's apparently that the owner of our team is pretty much a jerk. I honestly wouldn't care if he hadn't the team into the ground with his arrogance....but unfortunately that's not the case, so, I'm okay with talking bad about the guy.

Heck, he's even hated by most of the other owners!

Doesn't Mark work for Dan?

Anyways, anything about Snyder in the media is over done and overblown. I don't buy into good things I read about him any more than I buy into bad things I read about him. I honestly don't care about any of the garbage about him and the paper, him and Cerrato, him and public appearances, etc. To be honest, the "positive" things listed in the OP are pretty standard for an NFL experience nowadays; at least they should be for one such as ours.

I judge him on one thing and one thing only: Wins on the field. That's the job of the owner, to build a winner. So far, he hasn't done that.

All the "Thank you, Dan Snyder. It is perfect" lines sort of made me retch a little, but other than that over-the-topness, I appreciate the attempt and the sentiment to portray another side.

But at 6-10 after another laughable season, ain't NOTHIN' "perfect." Not even close. I'd settle for "respectable" again at this point.

I judge him on one thing and one thing only: Wins on the field. That's the job of the owner, to build a winner. So far, he hasn't done that.

That's actually not the job of the owner, it's the job of the football operations staff (GM). Snyder's job is much bigger than the product on the field since he needs to also turn a profit, be cognizant of philanthropy, etc.

All the "Thank you, Dan Snyder. It is perfect" lines sort of made me retch a little.

This, this, a million times this.

I was waiting for...

"Earlier this season, the Washington Post published photos of mold in one of the Fed Ex bathrooms. Disgusting, dirty, disease-causing mold, all over the ceiling were there was clearly water damage. Well, the next time I came to Fed Ex, the mold was gone. Thank you Dan, it's perfect!"

[/color]

Zorn hiring we were all pretty upset most people wanted Williams... and the reason many people weren't upset is because we are inept when it comes to how to run a football team which is why we have different jobs then an NFL GM (exceptions for madden of course).

As a whole, the fans approved of this move as well, yes there were some (like me) that wanted Williams, but there were also a lot of people that were scared of Williams because he had ego issues that prevented him from playing his best players. (Sean Taylor not playing most of his rookie year, Lavar being benched, for Warrick Holdman)

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?237737-Redskins.com-Zorn-Head-Coach

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?237716-JLC-amp-Wire-Rpts-Jim-Zorn-New-Head-Coach-(Merged)&

It's annoying how people say "oh, he's a great guy....he gives lots of money to charity....a couple times he has let players use his plane when there's a family emergency, etc...." Those things are easy -- if you're wealthy, you give some money to charity. If you have a jet, sometime you let friends use it (i'm always letting my friends use my jet). But how does Snyder treat the average person he comes across in his day -- by all accounts, he treats them like garbage.

Some of this stories are coming in this thread, some have been recounted in other threads, but it's apparently that the owner of our team is pretty much a jerk. I honestly wouldn't care if he hadn't the team into the ground with his arrogance....but unfortunately that's not the case, so, I'm okay with talking bad about the guy.

Heck, he's even hated by most of the other owners!

im sure he doesnt get massive tax write offs when he donates to charities, surely he just does it out of the kindness of his huuuuge heart! its really hard to donate 6 million bucks when youre worth like 6 billion.

As a whole, the fans approved of this move as well, yes there were some (like me) that wanted Williams, but there were also a lot of people that were scared of Williams because he had ego issues that prevented him from playing his best players. (Sean Taylor not playing most of his rookie year, Lavar being benched, for Warrick Holdman)

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?237737-Redskins.com-Zorn-Head-Coach

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?237716-JLC-amp-Wire-Rpts-Jim-Zorn-New-Head-Coach-(Merged)&

LOL... just reading the topics you linked proved to me how fickle some people are. A lot of the people commenting in this thread were in those threads praising the hiring of Zorn

I live a few hundred miles away from FedEx Field, so I don't get to go to Redskins games. The only way I can evaluate Snyder as an owner is by the product that's been on the field since he took over the team. So far, it hasn't been very good, and you'd be naive to think he didn't have a great deal of influence over who was on the field. I put that on his shoulders.

Now...we'll see what happens in the future. Hopefully, those days are over for Daniel Snyder and better days are ahead for the Washington Redskins; but I'm not ready to build monuments to him. Not even close.

im sure he doesnt get massive tax write offs when he donates to charities, surely he just does it out of the kindness of his huuuuge heart! its really hard to donate 6 million bucks when youre worth like 6 billion.

I hate reading this point from people. No offense to you personally, but unless Snyder comes out AHEAD by donating to charities, it's still generous. I think we should leave charitable donations off the table of criticism, to be honest. You don't know what motivates him to contribute to charities. He might donate to cancer charities since both he and his wife have dealt with the disease. It's not cool to tear into someone (no matter how rich they are) for sharing their wealth with worthy causes.

Dear Dan-

I went to a Giants game, and there were vendors in the bathroom selling beer! Actually hawking beer 3 feet away from where drunk guys were splashing their piss haphardly all over the floor!

When I went to the Dallas game the next season, the pee-vendors were gone! Thanks Dan, it's perfect!

P.S. Still waiting for the go ahead to reveal your new classification..don't go anywhere it's coming...it's coming

The suspense is killing me - did you get permission or not? It's been more than two hours!!!

MTH - thanks for being fair. I'm really displeased with the team's performance since Dan Snyder bought it, but there has been nothing positive said about him at all recently. We're all frustrated here, so it's good to at least try to look on the bright side. it's not really working for me, but that's another story.

This thread may be the best example of a good thread gone horridly wrong by overrun with idiots I've ever seen. Hell, in the OP, Mark isn't even trying to SUPPORT Dan, his ACTUAL POINT he's making is that this overkill of negative Dan bashing is WAY out of hand. And what happens in this thread? It continually gets worse. Not that there shouldn't be the discussion back and forth, but the majority of the posts and juvenile name calling is downright hysterical.

Doesn't Mark work for Dan?

Ryp - not to call you out, but to clarify, NO he doesn't. Hell he, and many of the mods, actually VOLUNTEER to work on the site just because they are die hard fans and never get paid a dime. So his objective view point is truly that... objective. To further prove my point, read threads such as this:

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?339620-BEWARE-of-so-called-quot-VIKINGS-PLAYER-TICKET-RETURNS-quot

I hate reading this point from people. No offense to you personally, but unless Snyder comes out AHEAD by donating to charities, it's still generous. I think we should leave charitable donations off the table of criticism, to be honest. You don't know what motivates him to contribute to charities. He might donate to cancer charities since both he and his wife have dealt with the disease. It's not cool to tear into someone (no matter how rich they are) for sharing their wealth with worthy causes.

Read the excerpt from 22 Sept 2010 at the below link.....Danny playing the charity card:

http://www.feinsteinonthebrink.com/index.php?categories=Dan Snyder

Dan Snyder is one of the greatest men who has ever been associated with this franchise. The lack of respect here makes me sick.

The man has put his heart and soul into the organization for the past 10 years, and this is how you treat him?

This team unites generations and gives shared experiences that fans worldwide can enjoy.

We should be thanking him on a daily basis for all he's done for us, and yet he continues to treat all fans as his #1 priority. He never forgets who he's working for.

Thank you, Mr. Snyder.

Archived