Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Thank-You Dan Snyder

Mark The Homer

The problem I have with Redskin fans (especially die hard fans who belong to this site) buying into the whole media circus is that it leaves no one to defend the franchise. Generally, you have the casual fans who are interested in the Redskins because they live in Washington and because the Redskins are front-page news through most of the late-summer through early-winter. They hear people yapping on the radio about Snyder or Shanahan or Haynesworth and they get very one-sided versions of what's going on.

So, when some of our die hard fans are becoming those people and just regurgitating what Chad Dukes or UnWise Mike or Mike Wilbon says about the team, it leaves me to wonder who is left to set the record straight. Now, I'll admit that sometimes criticisms are very fair. But, the people who read a negative article like the one referenced in the lawsuit and just take it at face value just fuel the fire.

My mother-in-law likes football but isn't very knowledgeable. She obviously knows that I'm a huge fan so she'll strike up conversation with me about the Skins from time to time. It'll always start with something like..."Did you hear that Schneider might fire Shanahan?? On the radio, "they" were saying that he's already losing patience and is going to fire him just like he did with Marty, Spurrier, Gibbs, and Zorn! Can you believe that?"

Bless her heart...she's trying. But when I read similarly thought-out posts on a Redskins message board, complete with fallacies and speculation, it gets discouraging. We are supposed to be the ones to keep the record set straight when things are being exaggerated or misrepresented. Granted, again, there are plenty of things to honestly fault Snyder about...but there are both sides to the story and that's all Mark was attempting to do. Re-read the original McKenna article and tell me that he doesn't contradict himself or reach plenty of times.

Whether or not McKenna reached, Snyder never should have sued over the article. That fault, and the suspicious business practices of SNC, lead to -- in my opinion -- legitimate concerns.

And sorry, but the positives outlined by OP should be expected of any franchise ownership.

There is a vast difference between "dominating a room with your presence," and "dominating a room." He dominated the room, but not with his presence. You should know the difference if you have been in the CEO position.

Snyder sought exit. Consistent with the practices of any investment firm, we evaluated the SNC opportunity and took a meeting. We passed because the risk-reward didn't make sense. Havas didn't pass. The rest is history, to use a cliché.

Domination is Domination my friend. if you have Ever been involved in a capital venture, you would definitely know that the temperature of the room is no nonsense. There are a lot of arses on the line and money that can be made and lost with a bad or good descision. We are talking about his investments of millions. Why would he not explore and evaluate the BBP (Best Business Practice) or any other avenue to not only field a good team but an equitable one at that.

I believe with trial and error, he has discovered his hands on approach in the talent of players and personnel of football is NOT his strong suit. At least he tried and that his nature, made him a millionaire being that way, but give him his due, he knows how to make money.

So for the folks in the room who didinot have much to lose, give Dan a break for what he has shown he can do well...Make Money. Dont playa hate.

My point to the poster who said Dan was the worst owner.

Bidwells somehow owned their team into the Super Bowl 2 years ago.

Advantge = Bidwells

The Ford family has put together an improving young team that has a future, and incidentally, had no trouble beating the Redskins the last two seasons.

Advantage = Fords

Brown Family

Honestly, I know little to nothing about them since I don't follow the team. However, they a) Got Mike Holmgren as their GM, a move I think will pay off in spades, and B) aren't Dan Snyder

Advantage = Brown family

Dan Snyder is the worst owner in football.

Yes, without a doubt.

I believe Dan Snyder is the worst owner in football. Anyone else would be better.

The whole "he wants to win" thing is useless. I'm not convinced he actually cares - he is making a huge profit and for better or worse his boneheaded moves seem to work in that department.

Thing is, neither you or I are at Redskins Park on a daily basis, so we don't know what is really said or what Snyder is really trying to do with the team (winning or profit). Adding fuel to a speculative fire is stupid and that's all some fans are hell bent on. Ask Bengal fans how great its been having Mike Brown as an owner. Or if Bill fans are waiting for Wilson to pass. I know a Bills fan here. He's from Buffalo and he said he's biding his time with Wilson.

Whether or not McKenna reached, Snyder never should have sued over the article. That fault, and the suspicious business practices of SNC, lead to -- in my opinion -- legitimate concerns.

And sorry, but the positives outlined by OP should be expected of any franchise ownership.

I don't remember seeing your name tag on a desk or in the paper stating you were Dan Snyders personal counselor or advisor or Vinny Cerrato, so who are you to say what he should have done. Hmmmmm

Domination is Domination my friend. if you have Ever been involved in a capital venture, you would definitely know that the temperature of the room is no nonsense. There are a lot of arses on the line and money that can be made and lost with a bad or good descision. We are talking about his investments of millions. Why would he not explore and evaluate the BBP (Best Business Practice) or any other avenue to not only field a good team but an equitable one at that.

I believe with trial and error, he has discovered his hands on approach in the talent of players and personnel of football is NOT his strong suit. At least he tried and that his nature, made him a millionaire being that way, but give him his due, he knows how to make money.

So for the folks in the room who didinot have much to lose, give Dan a break for whay he has shown he can do well...Make Money. Dont playa hate.

Going to try to decipher the meaning of this, and reply with:

Having been in many such meetings, "no-nonsense" is not the right way to categorize the "temperature" of a room. Rapport between management and investor, competency of presentation, sufficient presence of growth opportunities (organic & acquisition), satisfactory analysis of market dynamics, fundamentals of historical numbers... those are the "temperature" gauges that determine a "best business practice" for an investment firm. Good CEOs dominated a room with their presence, in that they knew their **** cold, and could look us in the eye and say, "invest in me, and I'll make you money." Bad CEOs dominated a room with blustering and egotistic tendencies, regardless of how knowledgeable they were.

So no, domination is not domination.

Anyway, that's a completely wild tangent that should probably stop now.

Bidwells somehow owned their team into the Super Bowl 2 years ago.

Advantge = Bidwells

The Ford family has put together an improving young team that has a future, and incidentally, had no trouble beating the Redskins the last two seasons.

Advantage = Fords

Brown Family

Honestly, I know little to nothing about them since I don't follow the team. However, they a) Got Mike Holmgren as their GM, a move I think will pay off in spades, and B) aren't Dan Snyder

Advantage = Brown family

Dan Snyder is the worst owner in football.

And Bidwell let alot of players go after their one run (a 9-7 team at that, not exactly a dynasty)= no advantage

Ford let Millen run the team for several years (Vinny Cerrato Part 1)= 2 season head start advantage

and Mike Brown runs the Bengals, not the Browns= advantage Redskins

Thing is, neither you or I are at Redskins Park on a daily basis, so we don't know what is really said or what Snyder is really trying to do with the team (winning or profit). Adding fuel to a speculative fire is stupid and that's all some fans are hell bent on. Ask Bengal fans how great its been having Mike Brown as an owner. Or if Bill fans are waiting for Wilson to pass. I know a Bills fan here. He's from Buffalo and he said he's biding his time with Wilson.

Ralph Wilson is in his 90s. He will be dead soon. Snyder will be the owner of this team till I'm in diapers.

Advantage = Wilson.

Mike Brown = I know nothing about him. But he isn't Snyder

Advantage = Brown.

We can all quibble on this stuff...but when you are arguing that MAYBE our owner isn't as bad as the owners of one or two of the teams in the NFL that are worse than the Skins, I don't know what that really gets you.

It has nothing to do with our football team. It's a personal matter between our owner and the paper.

And Bidwell let alot of players go after their one run (a 9-7 team at that, not exactly a dynasty)= no advantage

Ford let Millen run the team for several years (Vinny Cerrato Part 1)= 2 season head start advantage

and Mike Brown runs the Bengals, not the Browns= advantage Redskins

No advantage in that the Cardinals went to a Super Bowl after the first Bush Administration?! Really? Ok...I guess Super Bowls don't count for anything in Bizarro world.

Mike Brown runs the Bengals? The same ones who went to the playoffs last year?

Sadly...advantage Bengals. Wow. I can't beleive I'm saying that.

Again, we are splitting hairs here. If you are trying to convince me that just MAYBE there are 1 or 2 owners in football worse than Dan Snyder, we've already lost. All of us. Every Redskin fan.

Going to try to decipher the meaning of this, and reply with:

Having been in many such meetings, "no-nonsense" is not the right way to categorize the "temperature" of a room. Rapport between management and investor, competency of presentation, sufficient presence of growth opportunities (organic & acquisition), satisfactory analysis of market dynamics, fundamentals of historical numbers... those are the "temperature" gauges that determine a "best business practice" for an investment firm. Good CEOs dominated a room with their presence, in that they knew their **** cold, and could look us in the eye and say, "invest in me, and I'll make you money." Bad CEOs dominated a room with blustering and egotistic tendencies, regardless of how knowledgeable they were.

So no, domination is not domination.

Anyway, that's a completely wild tangent that should probably stop now.

I can see why Dan upsets you.

Your logic and intelligence for business shows your flair for mediocrity. I can see you are a wait and see or proof is in the pudding. Either your age or your comprehension of bsiness has reared its ugly head to expose you. You probably think thats the most important. Those are antiquated methods my friend in doing business. Hint" Look at the young millionaires. Think they cared about what you care about.

Bet you never thought the wheel would work did you? Ancient One

Well, you guys can sit in your little negative worlds and continue to bash Snyder. I don't really care at this point. Nothing any of us say will change the fact that he's the owner. We can only support the team and I plan on supporting Allen and Shanahan. Snyder is the least of my concerns anymore.

She obviously knows that I'm a huge fan so she'll strike up conversation with me about the Skins from time to time. It'll always start with something like..."Did you hear that Schneider might fire Shanahan?? On the radio, "they" were saying that he's already losing patience and is going to fire him just like he did with Marty, Spurrier, Gibbs, and Zorn! Can you believe that?"

I know the feeling.

Whether its clients, neighbors, or acquaintances, they tend to go straight to my wheel house in friendly conversation. My wheel house of course, (like most of us here) is our beloved Redskins.

The speaker usually means well in trying to make small talk and friendly conversation, but usually what they have to say is just more :pooh: about our Redskins. I get so sick of hearing it. It's not like the they're going to tell me something new that I didn't already know about our suckage. I just grin and bare it.

I can see how athletes and celebs get sick of people always approaching them wanting to talk about work.

I can see why Dan upsets you.

Your logic and intelligence for business shows your flair for mediocrity. I can see you are a wait and see or proof is in the pudding. Either your age or your comprehension of bsiness has reared its ugly head to expose you. You probably think thats the most important. Those are antiquated methods my friend in doing business. Hint" Look at the young millionaires. Think they cared about what you care about.

Bet you never thought the wheel would work did you? Ancient One

Err, not really, but this isn't a forum for flaunting myself. Sorry.

Well, you guys can sit in your little negative worlds and continue to bash Snyder. I don't really care at this point. Nothing any of us say will change the fact that he's the owner. We can only support the team and I plan on supporting Allen and Shanahan. Snyder is the least of my concerns anymore.

+1 on all of this. I think we're heading in the right direction under Shanny/Allen. All the people whining and crying about Snyder really are quite sad. I really don't get it.

see you IN THE LAND OF EMBARRASSMENT. Its not going to be pretty

P.S. Still waiting for the go ahead to reveal your new classification..don't go anywhere it's coming...it's coming

Anything yet? I have been waiting all day......I love internet threats.

P.S. I love using P.S.'s too.

He's offering his opinion on what Snyder should, or in this case should not have done. Isn't that exactly what this board is for?

Open Letter To Dan Only,

I have done all I could do to make the special ones here see that you are truly trying to do your best to correct past behavior and mind sets. I beleive you are doing a tremendous job at changing your position. I understand that what you hope to accomplish in coaches, players, personnel, stadiums, training complexes etc, will never ever satisfy some of the Special people here and around the WORLD.

So here is my advice to you, contimue to own the team, continue to do all you can do to win a championship and field entertaining teams AND piss off all of the people who want you to sell the team and whine all day about thier miserable lives.

They only do it beacuse they are miserable

PS, Janky Spanky has to go poo poo, can we use your key to the executive ladies room?

It has nothing to do with our football team. It's a personal matter between our owner and the paper.

As I mentioned in a recent thread started by Kleese, I think the suspicion is that the people see Snyder being petty over the lawsuit or at least some aspect of it (saying that the doodling on his face was "anti-Semitic" and that McKenna greatly insulted his wife) as likely having bled over at times to decisions he made as owner of this team. Firing Marty after one damn season because Schotty wouldn't hire a GM (and just who did Dan bring in to fill this position). Not hiring Gregg Williams likely because he wouldn't kiss Dan's butt.

Maybe it presently has nothing to do with our team. I'm fine with the current structure, and don't have any evidence that Snyder is currently involved in any football-related decisions. But consider me less than confident that our owner has changed his stripes permanently, particularly when he makes statements saying he "doesn't have to be as involved" if he has a coach like Joe Gibbs or Mike Shanahan. We might not have that luxury when the vacancy is open next time.

The memo was sent hours ago. Haven't you noticed all of your co-workers laughing at you. I told You

Their ALL going to laugh at you

You are just embarrassing. This is from an outsider with no horse in this race. And by race, I mean this embarrassing internet macho-man contest.

Archived