Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

UPDATE DAY 3: Senior Bowl Practice Observations and Interviews for Skins....

heliKCx17

And look how that turned out; Aikman just filed for divorce from his wife this week and Walsh was an NFL bust. Other than the SB wins they got I'll bet the Cowboys would have done it differently if given the chance.

What does divorce have do with anything when talking about football? Are you saying the Cowboys probably wish they didn't draft Aikman, because he filed for divorce this week?

...had a very subpar draft last year...

Very subpar? A par draft is when there are about 40% of your picks that actually make the team and one immediate starter. Shanny got the 1 starter and only had 1 other who did not make the team in any capacity and just one other who never was on the 53. Now, yes the lack of draft picks that year was in small part his fault.

And look how that turned out; Aikman just filed for divorce from his wife this week and Walsh was an NFL bust. Other than the SB wins they got I'll bet the Cowboys would have done it differently if given the chance.

I'm not sure how that had anything to do with anything but didn't Joe Theismann get a divorce too? Does that mean we need to start giving back the Lombardi's or what?:chair:

---------- Post added January-29th-2011 at 08:09 AM ----------

The Cowboys are winning the Super Bowl?

For like the 6th consecutive year.

TE Lance Kendricks: Height: 6-4 | Weight: 241

Projected Round:2-3

Strengths:

• Outstanding athleticism, speed, quickness and agility

• Soft hands and will pluck the ball away from frame

• Fantastic body control, leaping ability and ball skills

• Runs good routes and simply knows how to get open

• Able to get separation from defenders and has a burst

• Shows the ability to get vertical and threaten seam

• Good vision and will pick up yardage after the catch

• A well above average blocker and gives terrific effort

• Aggressive with decent strength and nice toughness

• Is real versatile and can be lined up all over the field

• Mature, hard working and is respected by teammates

• Is just starting to emerge and still has some upside

Weaknesses:

• An undersized 'tweener with average height and bulk

• Will drop catchable balls due to lack of concentration

• Not necessarily a physically dominant, mauling blocker

• Must learn to take a little better care of the football

• Might have some minor health and durability concerns

[!

Since when is 6'4" average height for a TE? thats not a Negative.

What does ESPN Insider say?

Though finding the next franchise quarterback is a massive conundrum for the Washington Redskins this offseason, some work also needs to be done on the defensive side of the ball (especially going on the hypothetical that Albert Haynesworth is going to be traded or cut). Continuing that line of thinking, Rick Maese of the Washington Post noted Wednesday that Baylor defensive tackle Phil Taylor is a player who's been captivating most observers this week at the Senior Bowl practices.

Of vital importance is Taylor's size (he weighed in as the heaviest at the Senior Bowl at 337 pounds), ability (he's been dominating offensive linemen all week) and versatility -- Taylor has played both the one-technique and three-technique this season, and is comfortable doing either at the next level.

One of the major causes of the acrimony between Haynesworth and the Redskins was the switch to a 3-4 defense last offseason, and Taylor does not seem to mind playing in the middle of a three-man front. The difficulty for the 'Skins will be how they're going to go about acquiring him, as he would be a significant overdraft at No. 10 overall (based on the reports thus far). It's possible, however, that the Redskins could either trade down from tenth, or trade back into the bottom of the first round if they're sold on the Baylor product.

The difficulty for the 'Skins will be how they're going to go about acquiring him, as he would be a significant overdraft at No. 10 overall (based on the reports thus far). It's possible, however, that the Redskins could either trade down from tenth, or trade back into the bottom of the first round if they're sold on the Baylor product.

I like what read and hear about Baylor. I agree it's going to be difficult to acquire him with our current pick selection. I still think it would be wise to address the NT position via FA personally and retain Bryant. I also think there are few true NT's available in the draft, which makes acquiring him all the more difficult. I think the Patriots have an eye on him and J.J. Watt. I'd really like us to get Watt.

Though finding the next franchise quarterback is a massive conundrum for the Washington Redskins this offseason, some work also needs to be done on the defensive side of the ball (especially going on the hypothetical that Albert Haynesworth is going to be traded or cut). Continuing that line of thinking, Rick Maese of the Washington Post noted Wednesday that Baylor defensive tackle Phil Taylor is a player who's been captivating most observers this week at the Senior Bowl practices.

Of vital importance is Taylor's size (he weighed in as the heaviest at the Senior Bowl at 337 pounds), ability (he's been dominating offensive linemen all week) and versatility -- Taylor has played both the one-technique and three-technique this season, and is comfortable doing either at the next level.

One of the major causes of the acrimony between Haynesworth and the Redskins was the switch to a 3-4 defense last offseason, and Taylor does not seem to mind playing in the middle of a three-man front. The difficulty for the 'Skins will be how they're going to go about acquiring him, as he would be a significant overdraft at No. 10 overall (based on the reports thus far). It's possible, however, that the Redskins could either trade down from tenth, or trade back into the bottom of the first round if they're sold on the Baylor product.

Interesting. I'm thinking of a draft of Cam Jordan at ten and Taylor later in the first. A down three of Carricker at LDE, Taylor at NT and Jordan at RDE sounds really good.

Not going to happen but really good.

---------- Post added January-29th-2011 at 09:11 AM ----------

We are not going to get squat for either McNabb or Haynesworth. Because we have basically burned our bridges with both, and everyone knows they are dead weight on our roster that we have to unload.

Very good sources say there is no way we just release them. They either get traded or will be around next year.

I really want Phil Taylor on our team and as of early in SR BOWL week it looked like he would be there at 41 in the 2nd RD.... but as the insider points out this kids stock has increased to a point he could be a late or mid 1st RD pick. Not that I support it but is it crazy to think we pull a JAX and take a no name DT top 10???? JAX took the CAL DT Tyson Awallua (sp) with the 8th overall last year.....

We are not going to get squat for either McNabb or Haynesworth. Because we have basically burned our bridges with both, and everyone knows they are dead weight on our roster that we have to unload.

or we don't get much for them, am guessing at best a 5th rounder for either, if we are lucky maybe a 4th. I recall J Reid saying the best offer we got last year for AH was a 4th.

red flag? i mean, should that ever, ever, ever be questioned?

can this just be bogus?

I don't really understand that statement, which i'm familiar with from a draft site. He had a chance to play professional baseball, but chose football. I'm not going to pretend to know much about the guy, but he seems dedicated to me. He seems receptive to improving upon his current skillset and elevating his play. He seems very coachable.

The difficulty for the 'Skins will be how they're going to go about acquiring him, as he would be a significant overdraft at No. 10 overall (based on the reports thus far). It's possible, however, that the Redskins could either trade down from tenth, or trade back into the bottom of the first round if they're sold on the Baylor product.

I would not be surprised to see the Skins get a trade offer from NE. They are in need of a big time WR and the Skins might not want to "reach" for anyone at #10. Julio Jones will likely be there at #10 but the Rams could take him at #14, according to the Walter mock.

I think the draft charts would put our #10 value with NE's #17 (from Oakland) and a second.

Having #17 and an additional 2nd would be huge for us. :2cents:

I really want Phil Taylor on our team and as of early in SR BOWL week it looked like he would be there at 41 in the 2nd RD.... but as the insider points out this kids stock has increased to a point he could be a late or mid 1st RD pick. Not that I support it but is it crazy to think we pull a JAX and take a no name DT top 10???? JAX took the CAL DT Tyson Awallua (sp) with the 8th overall last year.....

He actually had a great season for them this year. 16 starts, 3.5 sacks, and just under 40 tackles is great for a rookie DT. It's no Suh, but it's great. I believe Jerod Mayo was considered a reach when NE traded up for him and that has worked out pretty well also. I don't mind if the media considers our pick a reach as long as it pays dividends on the field.

I like Higskin's post. If I were GM, and if I were offered that trade from N.E., I would get paper cuts accepting it from accepting it as fast as I could! A first round pick (#17) plus a second round would be ideal for rebuilding this team. I understand the ened for a QB, but a NT and a C or OG would be better. Build the foundation first!

HTTR

I would not be surprised to see the Skins get a trade offer from NE. They are in need of a big time WR and the Skins might not want to "reach" for anyone at #10. Julio Jones will likely be there at #10 but the Rams could take him at #14, according to the Walter mock.

I think the draft charts would put our #10 value with NE's #17 (from Oakland) and a second.

Having #17 and an additional 2nd would be huge for us. :2cents:

I really hope NE would trade with us, other than the Mayo trade, they've been pretty adamant about keeping as many draft picks as possible. Don't give me hope !!

Archived