Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

"My main job to is to make sure Obama is a one term president"

gbear

Sure. That's what we just did in November. :)

And I think this is less about power than it is about getting rid of Obama specifically. Everyone talked about Bush acting against the "will of the people." Obama obliterated that with his health care law.

Except one of his main platform planks when elected was to reform the health care system. It doesn't jibe.

There would never be a congress that would:

Out gay leaders on the other side

Change the law in the state to appoint a senator of your own party

Get a member in ahead of time, or stall another for an important vote.

Call the President the worst in History.

I'd Consider a Repulican President a Hero that got Anwar or Nuke plants on military bases or S.S. reform and lost the next term.

If President Obama loses this next term he should be a Dem Hero. (though the repubs will ENSURE he wins with thier stupid agendas)

Except one of his main platform planks when elected was to reform the health care system. It doesn't jibe.

But, we were convinced that the majority of Americans didn't want that rammed down our throats.

Now by the same logic, the majority of Americans seem to be for ideaology over country.

And the worst part is, the majority of people say that what they really want is for these sorts of power games and political pettiness to end.

But when it comes down to it, their vote either betrays that as bull****, or shows them truly as willing pawns in the game.

After all, I don't know if anyone can say that they are shocked by McConnel's statement. If you voted for him and his pals, this is exactly what you wanted, because frankly, I don't think that many people are so stupid to have believed otherwise..

Party before country. Again.

Funny, so many of us claim to want change in Washington, and it just gets worse. No one wants progress. All they want is power for their favorite team.

~Bang

To be fair, candidate Obama was against mandated healthcare and once he changed that position, a lot of people became upset with him.

That is very true. As a candidate debating Clinton and Edwards he was reluctant to back universal care and a mandate, Meanwhile, Clinton was going 100% for that and Obama was being pretty widely criticized for his reluctance to include a mandate. Obama has never publicly stated that he wanted a universal system and has instead used coded phrases like every American deserves the right to affordable health care. However, once he won the candidacy he changed his tune and has been more focused on universal care and individual mandates.

But, we were convinced that the majority of Americans didn't want that rammed down our throats.

Now by the same logic, the majority of Americans seem to be for ideaology over country.

And the worst part is, the majority of people actually want these sorts of power games and polticiking to end.

But when it comes down to it, their vote either betrays that as bull****, or shows them truly as willing pawns in the game.

~Bang

I'd vote pawn but it seems we are more selfish aholes than pawns.

Sell the parks to pay off the defecit? My children will thank you if thy are loggers when they grow up.

Enact the Bush tax cuts with no spending cuts of any detail and we sigh with relief?

Repeal HC is no different then Enacting Healthcare.. WHILE WE DO IT, the finacial system falls around us ...

This is why I never trust a politician. They know what their job is, but that's not what they're there for; and this is why I'll probably always distrust the government, because it's just made up of politicians.

Anyone who trusts a politicians gets exactly what they deserve.

Sure it does. Candidate Obama failed to explain that he was going to force us to buy private products and fine us if we don't. I'm pretty sure we wouldn't have even HAD a President Obama if he had laid that out there clearly.

Everyone wanted health care "reformed." I did. You did. I'd say a good 90% of Americans did. But 70-plus percent of us didn't want this crammed down our throats. There are consequences for that.

I'd vote pawn but it seems we are more selfish aholes than pawns.

Sell the parks to pay off the defecit? My children will thank you if thy are loggers when they grow up.

Enact the Bush tax cuts with no spending cuts of any detail and we sigh with relief?

Repeal HC is no different then Enacting Healthcare.. WHILE WE DO IT, the finacial system falls around us ...

I agree. I didn't want to call names, tho :)

You're bottom line is correct,, it's like a whole passle of Neros getting their bows rosined up to play while our country burns itself out.

Serious question,, do you ever see this changing? Are we beyond getting our country back under control?

~Bang

This is why I never trust a politician. They know what their job is, but that's not what they're there for; and this is why I'll probably always distrust the government, because it's just made up of politicians.

Anyone who trusts a politicians gets exactly what they deserve.

This is pretty much where I'm at also with this, and politics in general. Politicians ( especially in this day and age it seems like) are far more worried about getting re-elected, instead of addressing some of the issues facing this country.

Sure it does. Candidate Obama failed to explain that he was going to force us to buy private products and fine us if we don't.

From what I understand, that wasn't originally his intent but after crunching the numbers they (the administration) realized that this was the only way to pay for it.

Personally, I don't see the big deal. There are many things that are mandated and I've never seen the uproar over those things.

I'm willing to sacrifice for the greater good. Mandatory healthcare insurance, paying more taxes etc.

In my view its never not been like this:

Back in the day, nobody knew with fall guys here and there

And today, we don't want too with fall guys here and there

When Pelosi smiles and says its Bushs fault she lost and when Palin is the best we got for repubs...

You do the math, these are serious times for serious people and we have nitwits like this idiot "my job is to gedridda Obama"... like a Limbaugh lackey.

From what I understand, that wasn't originally his intent but after crunching the numbers they (the administration) realized that this was the only way to pay for it.

Personally, I don't see the big deal. There are many things that are mandated and I've never seen the uproar over those things.

I'm willing to sacrifice for the greater good. Mandatory healthcare insurance, paying more taxes etc.

Once again you are correct. The point is, if you want insurance companies to cover preexisting conditions, stop dumping, and remove caps on benefits you have to increase the pool so that they have access to a healthier population in order to offset the sicker people. This is how every other nation does it. Now if you are OK with people being denied coverage and the other things currently going on than I understand you being opposed to the mandate. Furthermore, there are tons of mandates like buying care insurance, wearing a seat belt, using car seats. Just like the health care mandate you do not have to comply but if you are caught you will be fined.

As for Obama switching his tune on the mandate it is quite simple. Health care, in the US especially, is an extremely complicated topic. We have the most intricate system in the world by far and Obama simply did not know enough about how the system worked when he said he would not include mandates. Now that he has made it his priority and brought in consultants and researched it more he understands that a mandate is necessary for his reform to succeed.

This is pretty much where I'm at also with this, and politics in general. Politicians ( especially in this day and age it seems like) are far more worried about getting re-elected, instead of addressing some of the issues facing this country.

Federal politicians in particular. 99% of them couldn't give two craps about you or your family or your problems (unless of course you're a big-time donor). They care about increasing their personal wealth and power, and getting re-elected, and that's it. Any benefit that accrues to the people is entirely incidental.

Archived