Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Coach Shanahan was right, and he knows more about football than you do.

Commander PK

There you go. That last pick sums him up. You get very good. You get very bad. And this is Kyles guy. The guy that knows the system.

4 TD's, 3 turnovers. Same end resut as most McNabb games. Calling for crow to be eaten was silly after 1 outing. It looks sillier now.

Hail.

Come on, GHH, you're better than this.

He wasn't going to throw anywhere else with thirteen seconds left. The fumble was on Lichensteiger completely.

He doubled McNabb's total for touchdowns, got two two-point conversions, and wasn't the reason for the two sacks that ruined the game at the end.

I was big on McNabb, WTFing on Shanahan, but this crow tastes great.

i'll take turnover prone grossman over throw the ball in the dirt mcnabb.

at least with grossman we had a legit chance, despite him clearly being rusty for the first half of the game.

with mcnabb drives stall because he can't hit a wide open receiver for 5 yards on 3rd and 2, with no pressure on him. he throws the ball in the dirt and we have to punt.

Actually it's not obvious yet. It seems so now, Very good performance by Rexy, but it's not like his career was filled with ALL bad games. He's thrown for 4 touchdowns before and he knows the system better. If he keeps this up over the next few games then we can say so. But you also have to remember the chart of Grossman's performances

This game wasn't about Grossman; it was about Shanahan. His system works with a **** offensive line, an "eh" quarterback, and "Wait, who was that?" receivers.

Thirty points should beat any team; that's on the defense.

here's another way of looking at it.

if grossman is as bad as all the nay-sayers say he is (and maybe he is, i haven't watched him much, i'm only going off what everyone else has to say), then this shows you how bad mcnabb is (at least in this system, at this age).

grossman was firing on all cylinders after a first half where he looked very rusty.

mcnabb looks to have regressed over the course of 13 games...

The only thing I can say definitively is that Rex is the greatest Florida QB in Redskin's history! (Sorry Shane and Danny ;) Honestly though, he really did look much more comfortable than Dmac has at any point so far. Perhaps Donovan needs that full year to begin to absorb the new offense like he did in Philly but I'm not that sure you even give him the opportunity at this point.. Not that I expect them to.

Yeah, Grossman tore it up today....haha....what?

I swear, I don't understand some people.

I prefer McNabb but if he gives it up three times in a game, including one to end the game, I don't come out and pound my chest about it.

I will admit I was wrong about Grossman playing as bad as he would but honestly he did nothing today to disprove that he's not a journeyman stop gap at his VERY BEST.

Crow on one game NC?

Seriously? Great. Rex played real well in parts, real bad in others. The offense looked better, particularly second half, but the end result was the same.

Please, don't make out he had a super game. It was a very mixed bag.

I'll gladly hold my hand up and say it was better than I expected. But I also don't have a clue what to expect next week. Even less so now there's film on him.

Good Rex. Bad Rex. It is what it is. And it sure as heck isn't any answer.

Hail.

Absolutely not! But McNabb hasn't been able to put up 30 points on anyone all season long....

incoming:

- its the o lines fault

- its because we don't have any good, big, tall wide receivers

- the coaches don't know what they're doing.

even though grossman puts up career numbers in his first start in 2 years. with the same o line, the same receivers, and the same coaches.

There you go. That last pick sums him up. You get very good. You get very bad. And this is Kyles guy. The guy that knows the system.

4 TD's, 3 turnovers. Same end resut as most McNabb games. Calling for crow to be eaten was silly after 1 outing. It looks sillier now.

Hail.

That's the point though isn't it? The Redskins wanted to evaluate what they have in Grossman over a few regular season games to see if he's the same guy. So far, he is. Either way, the point of this move was NOT to win more games...Shanahan conceded that McNabb is the best option in 2010.

All this game proves is that the offense doesn't drop off significantly with this switch...at least through one game. What we saw was a QB who keeps more drives going with slightly more accuracy on easy passes. He is not as explosive (we saw only one long pass completion) and a little more turnover-prone.

This game wasn't about Grossman; it was about Shanahan. His system works with a **** offensive line, an "eh" quarterback, and "Wait, who was that?" receivers.

Thirty points should beat any team; that's on the defense.

Exactly NC21. As I tried to point out yesterday, sadly I think to no avail, Shanny's gotta test his system -vs- the players on a seperate basis, to see what exactly is not clicking with this team. Today was a positive check mark that the system can work. Next week could be completely different.

Archived