Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Coach Shanahan was right, and he knows more about football than you do.

Commander PK

Exactly NC21. As I tried to point out yesterday, sadly I think to no avail, Shanny's gotta test his system -vs- the players on a seperate basis, to see what exactly is not clicking with this team. Today was a positive check mark that the system can work. Next week could be completely different. We won't know until after the whistle blows next week.

I honestly don't think we will know until after the Giants game, and even then...definitely need to look at a QB in the off season, no matter what.

Again, this was never about who our franchise QB will be. This is about who will be our QB until the FO can draft a hopefully future QB.

That is it. We still have two games to look at Rex and see if he will beat out McNabb. I still think McNabb is the answer, but it is good to see the coaches vindicated.

Perhaps people should just hope that the FO can continue to bring in players this off season and field a better team next year.

We had no talent to start the year. Vinny left us with nothing.

He did a great job today and made-up for the fumbles in the first half. I'm intrigued and look forward to watching the next two games. The other offensive players had to bring it today because if they didn't, they would start to be picked-off one by one. The weak link was Williams. Moss missed a pass that was key and an easy catch. Hall went for the interception one too many times that cost us one touchdown. Overall, good solid game by the Skins. I was glad to see Cooley back in it, he had two awsome plays that really kept us in the game.

Again, this was never about who our franchise QB will be. This is about who will be our QB until the FO can draft a hopefully future QB.

That is it. We still have two games to look at Rex and see if he will beat out McNabb. I still think McNabb is the answer, but it is good to see the coaches vindicated.

Perhaps people should just hope that the FO can continue to bring in players this off season and field a better team next year.

There is no way McNabb is the answer. Kyle just doesn't like him, and I'm fine with that.

I think it's obvious now. Win or lose, the right decision has been made.

Grossman may or may not be the long term solution, but guess what. Rex does know this offense much better than Donovan. CLEARLY, much better.

Eat your crow here.

I'm sorry, but you all are confused. The TD passes that he made were short little dinkie passes. Even McNabb could have gotten those. Second, Grossman threw 3 picks. The last pick he threw, sealed the deal and gave Dallas the win. Shannahan has really ticked a lot of people off by benching McNabb. Not to mention, you make him go out for the coin toss and then he still doesn't start? That's just a smack in the face.

I think McNabb just got his one way ticket to minny. Or arizona, cause he likes his hell week so much in the off season.

good. maybe we can packages him up with haynesworth, or some other player, or some drat picks, and move up to get a QB - that is if there's a franchise QB to be drafted, i don't follow college football so I don't have a clue who's on the board other than cam newton and i don't know jack about him.

if there's no QB, then O and D line is what we need most, and we should be able to get some picks for a package to get rid of McNabb + some others.

Ah, exactly!

If Grossman can be competent in the offense, he'll be the guy who starts while we groom a successor.

Man, that offense looked sweet.

It was nice to see some 'touch' on passes.

One or two big picks on the o-line, and then we can concentrate on the defense.

Crow on one game NC?

Seriously? Great. Rex played real well in parts, real bad in others. The offense looked better, particularly second half, but the end result was the same.

Please, don't make out he had a super game. It was a very mixed bag.

I'll gladly hold my hand up and say it was better than I expected. But I also don't have a clue what to expect next week. Even less so now there's film on him.

Good Rex. Bad Rex. It is what it is. And it sure as heck isn't any answer.

Hail.

Oh come on. He had a wonderful game. And his wonderful game was better than ANY that McNabb had. To say that the offense looked "better" is to say that the economy in 1999 looked "better" than 2009. It was night and day.

Even if Grossman goes and ****s up the rest of the season, this game is better than any that McNabb has done, and that shows you that the system works.

Remember: I've been a McNabb fan since 1999. I was very happy on Easter. He's just not the answer.

Bookmark this and remind me what I'm saying next week.

I'm sorry, but you all are confused. The TD passes that he made were short little dinkie passes. Even McNabb could have gotten those. Second, Grossman threw 3 picks. The last pick he threw, sealed the deal and gave Dallas the win. Shannahan has really ticked a lot of people off by benching McNabb. Not to mention, you make him go out for the coin toss and then he still doesn't start? That's just a smack in the face.

Actually he threw two picks. And you could make the argument that if the defense had held instead of giving up a field goal, we could have won. Can't put it all on Rex for the loss, even though his was the last play of the game.

I'm sorry, but you all are confused. The TD passes that he made were short little dinkie passes. Even McNabb could have gotten those. Second, Grossman threw 3 picks. The last pick he threw, sealed the deal and gave Dallas the win. Shannahan has really ticked a lot of people off by benching McNabb.

Grossman played superior to McNabb today and people want to defend McNabb because he's a good guy, but that doesn't fly. He's missed those 'short little dinkie' passes throughout the season and most of the time couldn't get the team in position to allow for little short TD passes like those.

Shanahan doesn't care if some fans are mad because he benched McNabb, he made the right call, if people don't like it....tough.

Moss got 2 TDs

What Fantasy world do you live in

Perfection does nopt exist on this planet

If it wasn't for Moss....we wouldn't have been in this game

Ah yes, the "well he got us this far" argument. See: Wizards game last night...

Who cares what he did if he can't execute when it gets down to crunch time.

WIDE OPEN TOUCHDOWN.

I'm just venting so I know it's not actually 100% on him but man, catch the ball! Please.

Rex did more in ONE, I repeat ONE ****ing game than McNabb has done ALL YEAR. Imagine what Rex could have done with more practice in Mini-Camp and Pre-Season. I'm sorry MC5, your a great guy, BUT YOU GOTTA GO!

what about after the texans game? McNabb was the savior then. Now after one game, Sexy Rexy is the man

Moss got 2 TDs

What Fantasy world do you live in?

Perfection does not exist on this planet

I have to agree with this post. It's obvious to see. Grossman made a few plays, but so has McNabb. We all know that Moss did all the work. Most the throws that Grossman did were short check down plays. There is nothing special about those plays. All you do is put more of the effort on the HB or WR to run it back up pass the line of scrimmage. I would rather rebuild the O-Line and keep a deep thrower like McNabb at QB. Grossman can still be the back up, but are fans literally considering that this smack in the face to McNabb was right?

Moss got 2 TDs

What Fantasy world do you live in?

Perfection does not exist on this planet

I agree that it is too much to say that Moss lost the game for us. But it is fair to say that if Moss does not drop that wide open pass, we win the game and that last pick on a desperate pass with 13 seconds on the clock never happens.

Archived