Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Diablo III Thread

Conn

I won't touch hardcore until the servers are more stable. But impressed so far, it's better than beta -- though I confess, I stopped playing beta early on.

Trying demon hunter right now, the one class I didn't try, and I haven't played a hunter class since vanilla WoW.

Im still downloading the patch, started playing when it got to yellow last night as a wizard.........I wish they could have made it more 3D like most mmorpgs, but only allow the 4 player games. The linear motion and not being able to zoom in a little closer to my char annoys me. Im sure I'll get the hang of it. Im getting ready to go on vacation Saturday through next Thursday, so I dont really want to get into the game, then have to leave lol.

Plus, Im still hooked on TERA online, that game is pretty bad ass.

This is my game of the year easy. Been waiting for it a long time. A decent chunk of the game isn't even in yet (AH and PvP). Def recommend this game to everyone that has a PC that can run it (Blizzard normally makes games that are a lot easier on the graphics to reach a bigger audience). Hey Taze i also play TERA. Im on Jagged coast with my wife and her sister if you on that server. Between this and Tera, I wont need another game until fall at least.

My level 36 barb is getting thumped in Nightmre Act 1. Poison and Arcane Beams are owning me hard.

I LIKE IT!

I have 3K D, 700 DPS, 700 STR and I'm struggling in parts (i destroy everything else. But if it has poison/magic I get owned hard).

The funny part is, I'm rolling on all of the "bosses" but I struggle with packs of normals if they have any kind of magic. :ols:

Just a heads up to anyone past normal mode and trying to farm bosses for rares...not gonna happen. You are guaranteed two rares every time you beat a boss you haven't seen before on normal mode, but when you farm them later on, the % chance at rare/legendary items goes WAY down, making it useless. This is on purpose--they want you to explore and find the random/roving packs of uniques/champtions to farm for good drops, not pound on the bosses over and over again.

Been slowly getting into the game so I can avoid the frustrations that some have mentioned online. Right now I have lvl 20 Witch Doctor in Act II that I am loving. Have not really had any issues besides the servers resetting last night and being down for 5 minutes. If anyone ever wants to join up, gamertag is Delux.

About 17 levels in on the Demon Hunter, pretty impressed and happy with the game so far...minus all the server meltdowns...I like it.

Coming from WoW, everything seems so laid back but involving enough that you don't feel like it's an endless grind.

I think my gamertag is Tyrion, I get it mixed up with my character (Asante).

This is my game of the year easy. Been waiting for it a long time. A decent chunk of the game isn't even in yet (AH and PvP). Def recommend this game to everyone that has a PC that can run it (Blizzard normally makes games that are a lot easier on the graphics to reach a bigger audience). Hey Taze i also play TERA. Im on Jagged coast with my wife and her sister if you on that server. Between this and Tera, I wont need another game until fall at least.

Same here, I'll be playing both, then Madden when it comes out in August lol. In TERA I rolled on Feral Valley. Wish I had known some fellow skins fans were playing that too :( After I finish my main, I could make an alt there and roll with y'all.

Same here, I'll be playing both, then Madden when it comes out in August lol. In TERA I rolled on Feral Valley. Wish I had known some fellow skins fans were playing that too :( After I finish my main, I could make an alt there and roll with y'all.

Honestly we might switch. I'm fine with the open world PvP and understand it for what it is and that people are going to gank you while you fight other mobs and are low health (Or else why not just duel each other if you need conditions to be equal in order to PvP). Im a warrior too with awesome gear, no lag and know how to play so most the time i fight back and win, but my wife who plays a priest just gets slaughtered sometimes and ticked off lol. It's free server transfers. I'm only lvl 38... Her and her sister are in the 50s i think as I had to come back to Va for an emergency and have been playing D3. TERA is an awesome game though, most fun in an MMO by far I've had since FFXI and Vanilla WoW.

Maybe it's just me, but I found this game to be very boring. Maybe it's because I only made it to level 10 and never played a Diablo game beforehand but I found it hard to find the motivation to continue to play the game. Maybe it's just don't match the play style that I look for in games.

The fact that it is an "online" game that shouldn't require you to be online is also a part of the reason. This leads to the servers always crashing and all the game consists of is you clicking something and watching it die and disappear. I don't think this game is worth $60. No where close to being a GOTY for me.

http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-reasons-diablo-iii-represents-gamings-annoying-future/

#5. "Ready to Play Your Single-Player Game Alone? Please Log In.

For the six of you who just discovered the Internet today, that's a login screen. It's commonly associated with multiplayer online games like World of Warcraft and ... whatever other multiplayer games exist. Except there's a problem: Diablo III isn't a traditional MMO. You don't sign in to the game and immediately find yourself surrounded by a hundred other players shouting racial and homophobic slurs. You are in your own world. By yourself. Single player.

It is a single-player game with multiplayer options, just like all the other Diablo games. If you choose to play with your friends, you can. If you choose to join public games, you can. Otherwise, you're on your own -- and contrary to what MMO fanatics believe, this is the way millions of gamers prefer it.

Maybe it's just me, but I found this game to be very boring.[/qUOTE]

i've always thought that. click for 2 minutes and the boss fight is over? LOL. plus all the duping and dumb crap the last two diablo's have had, there's no way i'm buying this for 60 bucks.

Guys I'm new to Diablo but yesterday I decided to pick up a copy when I had to upgrade my PC for Illustrator and Photoshop. I had a bare bones HP Pavilion Media Center PC and decided to install an EVGA GeForce GTX 550Ti ($179), a Corsair 600W PSU ($95) and an extra 1GB of memory. I also moved over my SB Audigy ZS from my old PC.

I was HOPING to get maybe medium settings because my processor is an older AMD Athlon 64 X2 5600+. Long story short, I was blown away I'm able to run everything on high except shadows medium and my framerate doesn't dip below 50 and is mostly in the 80-90 range running 1920x1080. It's true this game really isn't a system hog. Granted I'm only about 3-4 hours in playing alone as a Monk. I did not have any lag issues last night it ran silky smooth.

If anyone is interested in helping a new guy I'd love to try. I think my tag is b33g33 (it attached #1947 to the end I think) If that info is incorrect I'll update later. I'm on vacation the next week so will probably be up later playing (midnight-ish) if anyone wants to search me and help.

I played the beta, grant it, only to lvl 13 or whatever the cap was, but the game didnt have that "buy me now" factor. I have a sweet $15 off coupon to Best Buy that I was either going to spend on Diablo 3 or Guild Wars 2. I think that I would be more intersted in GW2, though a ton of my friends are playing D3.

The nice thing? I don't have to pay to play either, and can jump off the game for a month and get back on to say hi without forking over money.

I've been swamped with work this week, and probably won't get a chance to play much until Sunday, but if anybody wants to add me, the tag is GhostofSpart#1374 (wouldn't let me add the last "A" in Sparta, that's not a typo). I'm a low-level (12) witchdoctor still in act 1, but there it is if anybody wants a low-level (for now) ally.

i've always thought that. click for 2 minutes and the boss fight is over? LOL. plus all the duping and dumb crap the last two diablo's have had, there's no way i'm buying this for 60 bucks.

This is exactly why you have to "log-in" to play. It eliminates the cheating. It took me an hour to login launch night, and was down for 3 hours later that day but other than that I've had smooth sailing. Cannot believe all the crying about it being online. This is 2012 right where im assuming most of us are connected to broadband right? If you don't like the online it's rather simple.... don't play. There's also six skills at a time you can use, with tons of runes and sockets for stat points so the combinations are endless. Plus.... only amateurs click for every attack lol. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but at least have one that is informed.

I'm also playing Solo the first run through to enjoy the story at my own pace and have absolutely no problems with it being online. The only way ill have a problem with the game being online is if the cheating and item duping finds its way into the game.

Level 51 Barb right now. Act I Hell isn't awful, but champions with molten trail and arcane beams are a major pain in the butt. Moving along nicely, but holy crap.

You DEFINITELY have to have your gear somewhat in order going into Nightmare. And your gear has to be on point going into Hell. And my guess is going into Inferno you need to have some lucky drops the first few runs throughs on Hell. :ols:

Love this game. People who think its easy haven't gotten far enough of don't get it :)

Level 51 Barb right now. Act I Hell isn't awful, but champions with molten trail and arcane beams are a major pain in the butt. Moving along nicely, but holy crap.

You DEFINITELY have to have your gear somewhat in order going into Nightmare. And your gear has to be on point going into Hell. And my guess is going into Inferno you need to have some lucky drops the first few runs throughs on Hell. :ols:

Love this game. People who think its easy haven't gotten far enough of don't get it :)

I am playing a barbie now too, but still in act I of normal. For nightmare and hell, are you going defensive gear, resists, or offensive dps. Right now I am duel wielding weapons and trying to buzzsaw everything. Which type of tactics are you running on nightmare and hell?

Archived