Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Diablo III Thread

Conn

Still never beat the original, though I long ago stopped trying and moved on to other games, as well as other things in life. I remember getting to about two-three levels from the bottom, and running into a hoard of walking red demons that could throw or breath fire/lightning, I can't remember which. Anyway, I wound up trying to fight like 12 of them at once and got slaughtered.

I'm finally seeing improvements in my SC2 play (Gold/Diamond level with Zerg), so I'm worried if I buy this game I'll play less SC2 and go back to sucking lol. Going to wait and see how good Diablo III is beore I decide whether or not to shell out for the money. I played Diabo II a bit in middle school.

I wouldn't bother leaving early. They'll probably be like this for a few days...up/down/up/down. Another fine game launch.

it's a shame considering how well game launches in general have been. all these MMO's have been launching quite well lately, but this is what blizzard gets for having always online DRM.

how many players online at a time? Is it set-up like the first one where you just join a game? Is there a single player mode or just online?

edit: Also, I just purchased it, its downloading and it says my order is queued........so how long till they process and send the code so I can play when its done downloading?

It's all online. Only 4 people per game. You can play alone and make it a private game or open it. No idea about the queue.

I just beat Normal difficulty. Home sick from work and I got the game in. I like it a lot. Level 30 barb.

is there a monthly fee to play online?

Nope. Completely free after you pay the initial $60. It's not really an MMO like WoW. The world is fairly linear and based around basically grinding quests.

I got to around level 9, killed Skeleton King before calling it quits. I do have to say, the game is much tougher now than it was in beta. I actually died to a couple elite packs and Skeleton King almost killed me(thank god I have a heal spell as I was playing a Monk).

Played to level 10 last night and created a Hardcore (HC) character. Going to hopefully play some later tonight on the HC guy, should be interesting. I find it a lot more fun that if you die, your character is dead for good.

Played to level 10 last night and created a Hardcore (HC) character. Going to hopefully play some later tonight on the HC guy, should be interesting. I find it a lot more fun that if you die, your character is dead for good.

I don't find that fun, especially with the lag surges and the iffy at best server functionality so far. Lag kills you, you're done. Waste of a lot of time. But good luck.

I don't find that fun, especially with the lag surges and the iffy at best server functionality so far. Lag kills you, you're done. Waste of a lot of time. But good luck.

All part of the challenge :). But seriously, I am hoping to not run into the lag surges...

Archived