Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Diablo III Thread

Conn

Level 51 Barb right now. Act I Hell isn't awful, but champions with molten trail and arcane beams are a major pain in the butt. Moving along nicely, but holy crap.

You DEFINITELY have to have your gear somewhat in order going into Nightmare. And your gear has to be on point going into Hell. And my guess is going into Inferno you need to have some lucky drops the first few runs throughs on Hell. :ols:

Love this game. People who think its easy haven't gotten far enough of don't get it :)

Yeah I solo'd normal and never came close to dying. I think I used a health potion twice since I have a monk and use a lot of healing and health regen abilities. Going into nightmare I could solo fairly easily but there were those points here and there when I would walk into some group that dropped poison at my feet or drew those chains across me and **** and I was just getting dropped. Then for at 3 and 4 I started playing more with people and there were points where we would all get killed quickly and have a 5 minute run around survival fest before isolating and killing the demons we were up against.

I was afraid after normal that the game would be a massive bore. I remember on D2 dying once or twice on normal mode but perhaps it was because I was 12 or so when that game came out. Nightmare was fun and so far hell is a challenge. I'm level 52, won't get to work on that again until Monday.

I also have to say I love the auction house. I have gotten so many bargain rares there. The legendary stuff is still crazy and I'm waiting to see if that market settles itself after a month or so. I've only gotten one legendary drop this whole time so far so hopefully that picks up a little bit since I have over 60% MF and you would think I'd get more than one through 52 levels. I suppose I have to map out respendant (sp) chests since the drops from those things and certain hordes seem way better than boss banging.

I'm also currently on a red paperclip quest to sell and buy slightly higher in value with one item at the auction house until I've turned a 5,000 gold sale into a 150,000 gold item I want. So far I've sold up for 25,000 so its going nicely. Slowed down yesterday though...nobody wanted to buy the item I had for the 5,000 dollar buyout markup so maybe I've hit a wall.

I was hoping Guild Wars 2 would be released next month...doesn't seem like that's going to happen though. What classes have you guys played and enjoyed so far? I hear the DH and Wizard seem to be OP in Inferno right now.

I was hoping Guild Wars 2 would be released next month...doesn't seem like that's going to happen though. What classes have you guys played and enjoyed so far? I hear the DH and Wizard seem to be OP in Inferno right now.

If I had enough time on my hands, then GW2 would certainly be the game to get. I have a feeling it will it will put D3 to shame. However because I do not have the time to log on each night and put several hours in like I did with GW1, D3 will be the game for me. It is just enough to draw me in, yet laidback enough that I don't feel I have to play each night.

Right now I have a lvl 32 WD beginning nightmare and 20 Monk. While the WD is very odd and unique, the 2 button simplicity of the monk and teleporting appeals to my inner laziness. I see many others are much farther ahead and enjoying the step up in difficulty and skills available. The early levels are soo boring despite following on with the story for the first time. Say what you want but Blizzard can still make the best cut scenes in the business.

I don't think GW2 is being designed to require people to log on for several hours each night to "keep up" with the pace of everyone else. The fact that they scale everyone up in the PvP area's is fact of that right there. I think the only thing that will be different is the abilities you use in the PvP are only available if your actual char has obtained them through leveling up. They also don't have large scale "raids" for 15+ people.

The one thing I hated for most big MMORPG games the last 5-10 years is the different gear you "need" for pvp and pve. You would have to do all the large scale dungeons to get the best PvE gear, but it was almost useless in PvP. So you had to spend extra hours gaining PvP rank to get gear for that. It felt like a huge time sink.

GW2 is getting away from all of that I believe.

Anyway, I purchased Diablo III last night and I am blown away at how interactive the environment is. I haven't used the Auction House yet, but I hear that it's fantastic. My Demon Hunter is low level right now, I just took a ferry into a new town that Maghda is destroying and am a few quests into that.

Hit 60 last night. Now I'm going to replay ALL of Hell with Nephalem Valor stacks up and see what I can get to somewhat get me ready for Inferno on my barb. Going to need a lot of gear. Barb with the right gear is smashing things. Barb without it is getting stomped.

Archived