Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Yahoo Sports - The real reason Moss was let go

Dan T.

I am really suprised at some of the comments here. Some of you don't care that he is an ass. That he is a WR and we need one. Seriously, can you root for someone you don't like? That is exactly the reason that some of these players get into problems like they do. They get the "I can do anything I want and people will still root for me" mentality.

Think about this one. If you had Moss and London Fletcher going head to head and they were both on the Skins, which one would you like to see come out on top? For the majority of us, it will be Fletch. The guy is a class act and his motor just keeps running. Which of the two would you rather your kid idolize?

If the Skins sign Moss, I will hope that every day in practice, that someone lays him out going across the middle.

lol, Moss would never go over the middle at full speed in practice. We're talking about practice!?! You can't get the guy to go full speed in a game, much less practice.

I'll say I didn't know what the deal was with Moss and didn't know he was such a big pain in the ass. I thought he got a bad rap over the years, but after reading stuff like this, no thanks. Good luck to him but don't care for that in DC.

I read the original post and was kind of thinking to myself "I'm glad he was cut. What a no-class ********." But then I read this post, and I've changed my mind :ols:

The difference is that Brett would have been grateful for the service, Moss would have criticized technique and told them why no one would ever love them. :ols:

Seriously though, Vikings aside, what a ******* son of a *****. I hope Moss has a career ending injury, and loses all his money to debtors. I don't wish that on anyone, but I'm nearly willing with a guy like that. Someone that thinks having money means they can go out of their way to disrespect someone who's trying to make them happy. Honestly, I hope he's reincarnated as one of Vick's dogs. What an *******.

For anyone thinking Belichick got rid of Moss because he was a cancer, think again. He got rid of him because after evaluating him against other available or existing options, he was no longer useful. Just like Richard Seymour.

Moss is a child. He needs structure and discipline.

Why do you think he was crying about how much he missed being a Patriot?

I'm not worried if he's brought here - Shanny and Co will provide the kind of structure he needs. Then it just remains to be seen whether or not he's better than Roydell or Gramps84.:silly:

The Vikings are goddamn imbeciles.

Let me get this straight. Old Man River at QB can send pictures of his johnson to interns all over North America AND play terribly...and they will do everything short of massaging his prostate to keep him on board.

Moss tells a short order cook to go **** himself and they cut him after four weeks.

This doesn't make sense to you? If my friend cheats on his wife he embarrasses exactly one person, himself. I don't buy this "you embarrass the team and the league" nonsense in such a situation. Idiots with no self control that want to bang every hot chick they see exist in all walks of life and they sure as hell don't drag everyone they know down with them. If a member of your party acts like an ass at a restaurant that sure as hell does make everyone look bad and frankly some people don't like to be see other humiliated like that or be embarrassed like that themselves.

What he did made his teammates cringe... what Farve did made his teammates laugh.

The Vikings are goddamn imbeciles.

Let me get this straight. Old Man River at QB can send pictures of his johnson to interns all over North America AND play terribly...and they will do everything short of massaging his prostate to keep him on board.

Moss tells a short order cook to go **** himself and they cut him after four weeks.

Hahahaha, massaging his prostate lol. That caught me by surprise

I am really suprised at some of the comments here. Some of you don't care that he is an ass. That he is a WR and we need one. Seriously, can you root for someone you don't like?

Absolutely. I like guys that are good at football.

For some reason we fell for Pastor Gibbs' nonsense about 'good character guys' while ignoring the fact that his best running back was an alcoholic who would pass out and piss on himself during film study and that his best defensive end was an illiterate coke addict.

This doesn't make sense to you? If my friend cheats on his wife he embarrasses exactly one person, himself. I don't buy this "you embarrass the team and the league" nonsense in such a situation. Idiots with no self control that want to bang every hot chick they see exist in all walks of life and they sure as hell don't drag everyone they know down with them. If a member of your party acts like an ass at a restaurant that sure as hell does make everyone look bad and frankly some people don't like to be see other humiliated like that or be embarrassed like that themselves.

What he did made his teammates cringe... what Farve did made his teammates laugh.

Wait...are you actually saying it's ok to harass women like Farve supposedly did?

I'm confused.

What Favre did is also probably against the law. You show your dick to a 20-something administrative assistant and see what happens.

Randy Moss is not a good human being. That is inarguable. (Neither is Brett Favre but that is a matter for another day). But the Vikings knew he was an ******* when they traded for him last month. Hell, they know more about Moss than anyone.

The stupidity is paying a price to sign Randy Moss and then acting surprised when he behaves like Randy Moss. They knew who he was when they signed him.

Now that their season has gone to hell and Old Man Grey**** is proving to be a limping distraction, they are taking a stand for some kind of bizarre PR reason.

Wait...are you actually saying it's ok to harass women like Farve supposedly did?

I'm confused.

Women should not be in the workforce. If they didn't want to get pictures of penises texted to them, they should stay at home and make babies.

PS It would be insane to bring Moss in here. He and DeAngelo Hall would go clubbing, end up in Montreal, and miss the next six games. We already have Haynesworth and Hall and Portis plus a brewing quarterback controversy. Moss would be utterly toxic here.

Honestly, they would never do it, but the idea of this Steelers team renting Moss for eight games is terrifying. The Saints seem oddly low on game breakers at the moment too. He needs to go somewhere with an established coach, strong veterans, and a legit Super Bowl chance.

The Jets already have two insane receivers. They don't need a third. Baltimore has too many receivers for an alleged ball-control team, but Ray Lewis and his band of merry thugs could make him behave for two months. Atlanta is not a horrible place to land.

Here is an off-the wall thought: Indy. Again, they would never do it because Pastor Dungy's shadow looms too large. They like their sociopaths to be of the quiet variety, like Harrison.

Originally Posted by Dan T.

Matt Birk should have walked over and punched Moss in the throat.

My thoughts exactly! lol

Matt Birk would have to be REALLY REALLY pissed to take a plane from his current team in Baltimore all the way to Minneapolis to punch Moss in the throat!!!

Moss has definitely been a jerk in Minny, but Favre has been worse and he still has a job. Minnesota is a joke.

Favre actually plays hard every play. At least when he makes a mistake, its because he was making an effort. Plus Favre isn't this type of *********... still can't disagree with the fact Minny is a joke.

There has to be more to this story concerning Randy Moss. If Friday came and the food was served, then that mean's he's eaten the food before that day since he's been with the team for a few weeks. Plus you decide you don't want a player that you spent a third round pick for? There's more to this story.

There has to be more to this story concerning Randy Moss. If Friday came and the food was served, then that mean's he's eaten the food before that day since he's been with the team for a few weeks.

The Vikings invite different area restaurants to the team facility to cater the team on Fridays. Different restaurants rotate in - it sounds like a sort of community building thing the team does.

But you're right, that's not the sole reason they let him go. It likely just helped crystallize the decision for them.

Favre actually plays hard every play. At least when he makes a mistake, its because he was making an effort. Plus Favre isn't this type of *********... still can't disagree with the fact Minny is a joke.

Favre has been undercutting Chilly's authority since last season. He's been a poor teammate going all way back to his last few years in Green Bay. When the Jets let go of Thomas Jones, the locker room was pissed. When Favre left the Jets, his teammates came out and said what a douche he was. This is before we knew about him sending pictures of his wang to sideline reporters. Not to mention him retiring in Green Bay, unretiring, having the Coach and GM fly out to see him, changing his mind, and then unretiring. Then he got pissed off when they didn't pucker up, kiss his butt, and hand him the starting job back. Favre is Grade A butt hole and if any other player pulled his crap they'd be lucky to find a job.

Nobody likes Brett Favre. My guess is that his teammates in Minnesota are counting the days until his washed up drima donna ass is back on his tractor in Mississippi.

Archived