Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Steve Young mentions every team that could beat the Giants in the NFC...of course the Skins not one of them

Commander PK

I don't have a link, because this was said in the post game after tonight's game, but he was talking about all the teams that could have a shot to beat the Giants in the NFC. Of course, the Saints, Buccaneers, Eagles, and just about everybody else BUT the Redskins were mentioned. I hope the players that browse this board, can see this thread. I want them to know how bad they continue to be disrespected by the national media. They are 4-3, but apparently they aren't even in the discussion amongst the "experts" for a playoff spot.

:mad:

Good. The Redskins will let their play do their talking. This team has me believing and I think the division is ours for the taking. We're the toughest, best coached, and most physical team in the NFC East. I can't wait until we play the Giants.

I hear you. But I think we need to take a couple serious steps forward on offense. Maybe if McNabb starts to figure out where the 2nd and 3rd reads are in this offense.

after this weeks performance of ours... I don't blame them. But to keep stating the Eagles and the Packers, both teams we've beat, and not mention us is retarded.

this is my point. We have beaten teams that he mentions. Why do we continue to get no disrespect. The Skins are as good a team as anybody else in the NFC right now, with maybe the exception being the Giants. They are tough. What pisses me off, is that he almost deliberately makes no mention of the Redskins.

No one in the media is going to give us an inch. Maybe Mike Mayock and Joe Theismann, but everyone else verbally breaks us down like we're the 0-16 Lions.

Every Sunday morning it's the same thing. "Dallas is so talented. The Eagles have two great quarterbacks. When will the Cowboys find their rhythm? Who's going to be the starting QB for the Eagles?

Oh, and in other news, the Redskins still suck. Anyway, back to what we were saying about Dallas."

John Madden once referred to the Redskins as the Rodney Dangerfield of the NFL because they just don't get any respect. The Redskins are one of the great teams! I think these Redskins of 2010 can defeat every team in the NFL. The Redskins will give the G-Men all they can handle later this season.

and this was the other notable one today. What is it about the Redskins? No matter whether we are winning or losing, even when Coach Gibbs was here...same thing. No respect. I still think it has something to do with the fact that most of these guys are ex-players that hate the Skins for their dominance during Gibbs I, or maybe it has something to do with Snyder. I don't know. Either way, it's ridiculous.

Honestly, against the Giants, we'll be lucky to keep our QBs out of the hospital.

Winning might not be the most important thing to worry about with their pass rush and our o-line.

I don't dispute that the Giants are a damn good team. Probably the best team in the NFC right now. My problem is that the Redskins are 4-3, and they are getting no respect. They belong in the discussion of teams that "could" beat the Giants. Tonight with Steve Young, they were not. Every other team with the same record as the Skins was mentioned, and when the question was asked "who else?" None of them, mentioned Washington.

2-8

That's what we are against the NY Giants in the last 5 years. Our only win against the NY Giants, since 2005 was the wind bowl game with Todd Collins starting. Having to play them twice during the second half of this season is crippling to our playoff chances this year. :(

We play them, in NY, in December. Maybe we're due.

I don't dispute that the Giants are a damn good team. Probably the best team in the NFC right now. My problem is that the Redskins are 4-3, and they are getting no respect. They belong in the discussion of teams that "could" beat the Giants. Tonight with Steve Young, they were not. Every other team with the same record as the Skins was mentioned, and when the question was asked "who else?" None of them, mentioned Washington.

I know, I was pissed too.

They should have at least mentioned us with the others.

But the Giants do scare me a bit.

I think we could beat them of course, but we'll have to be practically mistake free and find some way to keep McNabb from getting clobbered.

That's going to be a big part of how I evaluate the new regime at the end of the year, can we even come close to beating the Giants? You know we never beat them once with Campbell under center, our one win in the last five seasons came during the Todd Collins streak in 2007. If we want respect, we have to finally beat the Giants.

2-8

That's what we are against the NY Giants in the last 5 years. Our only win against the NY Giants, since 2005 was the wind bowl game with Todd Collins starting. Having to play them twice during the second half of this season is crippling to our playoff chances this year. :(

We play them, in NY, in December. Maybe we're due.

True, but I guarantee you Young and his crew, Matt Millen and the other guy who's name escapes me right now did not know this off the top of their heads. They didn't not mention the Skins because they knew we were 2-8 against the Giants since '05. They didn't because they don't respect the Skins.

Archived