Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Steve Young mentions every team that could beat the Giants in the NFC...of course the Skins not one of them

Commander PK

The pattern was repeated on First and Ten this morning. Skip Bayless was too busy crying over Romo sits to pee to contribute anything worthwhile, but the rest of the panel was discussing the Giants and whose the best in the NFC. They mentioned ATL, PHI, GB and called the Giants/Seahawks game a clash of the NFC titans. Really? 4-3 record, 2-0 divisional record, 80% winning percantage against conference and held opponents to 19 pts./game average.( Remember, it's points allowed that matter...not yards). We've got to be near the top in generated turnovers and margin. But nah, they'd rather specualte on how if Romo sits to pee didn't go down that the Cowboys would've won, gone ot 2-4 and had their season back on track. (they really said that). The only people at ESPN that are worth the time are Ditka and Jaworski.

True, but I guarantee you Young and his crew, Matt Millen and the other guy who's name escapes me right now did not know this off the top of their heads. They didn't not mention the Skins because they knew we were 2-8 against the Giants since '05. They didn't because they don't respect the Skins.
Oh no doubt.

It just sucks how we always lay an egg against them. And this year we don't play them till December.

Lol, did they mention the Cowboys? If Romo sits to pee hadn't gone down the Gints would have lost to a 1-4 team. The Girls quit after losing Romo sits to pee, but I have no doubt they would have won that game.

So, I guess the Giants are this year's most overrated team. I can't wait to mop the floor with them in December.:helmet:

This thread kills me. Seriously, our offense has to blow someone out in order to get respect? The last high scoring game the Skins had they lost. Eli Manning is shaky as they come and Hakeem Nicks has a ball security problem. The Giants were in rebuilding mode when the Titans handed them their buttocks. Any team is beatable in the NFC. There is not one dominant team in the NFC that makes me say the Skins does not have a chance. The AFC has two but even those teams in Jets and Steelers are showing signs of weakness and to add injuries. I swear sometimes the fans think NFL football is suppose to be like Tecmo Bowl or something. The offense is good enough to hang with the best of them period. The defense is coming along nicely but still will improve in time. One point on the defense, Buchanon is becoming a liability.

I don't give a crap about what Steve Young says. Let us fly under the radar, I don't care about media love. I want wins, and I love our style of play as we're doing it.

The way I see it, bring on the Giants. We might not beat them, but we're going to make them pay for every play they make.

Why should they respect us?

We have no passing offense and an average run offense,

We had to have a historic game from DeAngelo Hall just to even pull off a win vs the Bears and have not had one game where we've shown tha we could put an opponent away.

Think Rabach and Hicks have been pushed around this year? They'll look like they're wearing roller skates when they face Osi,Tuck and Co.

Please tell us why we should be respected?

Your right. Our offense scares no one.

BTW - The Giants have owned us lately. Our last win against them was in December 2007. Since 2005 we're 2-8 against them. The Giants swept us in 2009, 2008, and 2006. The last game we won in New York was December 7, 2003. I don't think Young is too off base in saying we can't beat the Giants. We haven't beaten them much lately

Skins won on the road in Dec 2007 with Todd Collins under center.

We've hurt our fair share of players this season too. I like our line better than yours and its held up better against better defenses than yours has. I wouldn't be so sanguine about your chances to out-physical us.
The Giants have the league's leading rusher. Their QB leads the league in TD passes, and their #1 WR leads the league in TD receptions. Their OLine can't be all that bad.

The media is garbage. Now it's the Giants as the team to beat...just because they beat a badly coached 1-4 Dallas team, without Romo sits to pee for much of the game. Let's forget about the FIVE turnovers they had in the game, and they almost let the Cowboys get back into the game. There is nothing that scares me about the Giants. Their biggest attribute, in my opinion, is their offensive line. They're playing very well and making Bradshaw look like perennial pro bowler.

I think they have a good chance at the playoffs, and even winning the division, but can they beat by the Redskins? HECK YEA. The Redskins and more than half of the other NFC teams. Everybody is closer than ever this year. There is no team in the NFC that stands out, and I think it's going to stay that way all season. Well, at least in the East. It's possible the Green Bay or Minnesota could go on a run, but they're schedules are brutal.

They just need something to talk about. Let them entertain themselves.

I don't have a link, because this was said in the post game after tonight's game, but he was talking about all the teams that could have a shot to beat the Giants in the NFC. Of course, the Saints, Buccaneers, Eagles, and just about everybody else BUT the Redskins were mentioned. I hope the players that browse this board, can see this thread. I want them to know how bad they continue to be disrespected by the national media. They are 4-3, but apparently they aren't even in the discussion amongst the "experts" for a playoff spot.

As much as I think this is just traditional media disrespect of the Redskins, Steve Young does make a valid point. The Redskins have struggled mightily with the Giants ever since Tom Coughlin became the head coach. They consistently embarrass us when we play, and I cannot remember off the top of my head the last time we beat them (once in 2008?). They have always controlled the matchup, and they will probably continue to do so this year with their pass rushing capabilities. Can we beat them, absolutely. Will we beat them, I wouldnt bet on it.

As much as I think this is just traditional media disrespect of the Redskins, Steve Young does make a valid point. The Redskins have struggled mightily with the Giants ever since Tom Coughlin became the head coach. They consistently embarrass us when we play, and I cannot remember off the top of my head the last time we beat them (once in 2008?). They have always controlled the matchup, and they will probably continue to do so this year with their pass rushing capabilities. Can we beat them, absolutely. Will we beat them, I wouldnt bet on it.

And all of this was before McNabb entered the building. If you do not recall, Tom Coughlin was livid that McNabb was traded in the division, why, because McNabb has a winning record against the Giants. McNabb is 10-6 against the Gmen.

We've hurt our fair share of players this season too. I like our line better than yours and its held up better against better defenses than yours has. I wouldn't be so sanguine about your chances to out-physical us.

Man The Giants' oline is WAY better than the Skins' oline. Also, Their front 4 is just killing people right now. Did you see the Giants/Pukes game? Yes the Skins are playing physical which I love, but the Giants might be the most physical team in the league, and they are a terrible match up for us wit hthat front 4.

Archived