Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Steve Young mentions every team that could beat the Giants in the NFC...of course the Skins not one of them

Commander PK

I couldn't care any less that Steve Young and his crew overlooked the skins. He certainly isn't the "anointed" one by any means, and his opinion isn't the end all. What we have is 2 games against the giants to prove exactly what this team is capable of. It ain't pretty, it ain't finesse, but W's are all that matters in this league, and we continue to do that, all the bandwagon talking heads will be asking for a spot on the wagon.

Honestly, against the Giants, we'll be lucky to keep our QBs out of the hospital.

Winning might not be the most important thing to worry about with their pass rush and our o-line.

Let's not exaggerate here. Almost 45% of the teams the Giants have faced this year have made it out of the game with their starting QB still in tact. I'm sure McNabb will be just fine.:)

. They didn't because they don't respect the Skins.

Why should they respect us?

We have no passing offense and an average run offense,

We had to have a historic game from DeAngelo Hall just to even pull off a win vs the Bears and have not had one game where we've shown tha we could put an opponent away.

Think Rabach and Hicks have been pushed around this year? They'll look like they're wearing roller skates when they face Osi,Tuck and Co.

Please tell us why we should be respected?

while i believe in the heart and fight of this team i also know that the giants have a bigtime strength in an area that is a struggle for us right now.Our oline is a struggle and i really believe that raybach is the main culprit why, their dline is their strength.thats why i wanted them to trade for just 1 guard or center to help solidfy the oline and get them stronger.but no we stand pat why ? because of next year? so what about next year you made the investment of a 2nd and a 4th rd for a Qb that may get seriously hurt because of your oline problems and you refuse to fix it. i am sorry that doesn't make any sense to me.can we beat the giants ? yes but our oline would have to do a better and more consistant job than it has to do so.

We had to have a historic game from DeAngelo Hall just to even pull off a win vs the Bears and have not had one game where we've shown tha we could put an opponent away.

Think Rabach and Hicks have been pushed around this year? They'll look like they're wearing roller skates when they face Osi,Tuck and Co.

It's not so much the lack of respect (although that frosts me), but how they disrespect us. It's seemed like the prevailing attitude has been yeah he had four ints, but they were more Cutler's mistakes than Hall's skills. Translated, that means that those were four gift interceptions.

I agree with whomever said that the Redskins get no respect because they're not a flashy team. They're a meat and potatoes football team that churns out wins. To me, a victory is exciting regardless of how it happens. When I heard Andy Polin saying that the Skins/Texans game was great because he was entertained, it hit me that people actually view this as entertainment now moreso than football. Everyone seems to love the Jets because they're flashy, yet they forget about us because we win ho-hum games. A win's a win.

If there's a team that can absolutely blow up the middle of our o-line and run all day over our D, it's the Giants. They've been winning the LOS wars against us for years.
And their playing better football then we are right now. We better be firing on all cylinders when we play them, or they will kick our ass!

Dude I am sorry but your point does not hold water. Offense or no offense we are 4-3 and deserve a mention. Apart from the fact that they mentioned the Packers and the Eagles that we have beaten this year already, they even mentioned the Saints that have lost to the Cardinals and th Browns(at home) this season. Dude at the very least they should have mentioned the Redskins. I am sick and tired of people always pointing to the offense when we discuss the Redskins. The offense is one third of the whole team. As a team we are good enough to beat the Giants and we will.

Am I reading these posts correctly?? Some of you sound just like the media every week, OH! we have no chance against Philly,Texans,Packers,Colts and Chicago there O is this, there D is that! BS we have a good team too and our D can play against anybody and be successful. Has anyone been watching football this year? There are no superior teams this year if you show up on Sundays and play well you can beat anyone, stop looking at schedules and relating last years results with this years teams! HTTR

after this weeks performance of ours... I don't blame them. But to keep stating the Eagles and the Packers, both teams we've beat, and not mention us is retarded.

yeah, these teams everyone thinks are great like the packers and eagles played their worst ugliest games against us this season and lost. so that should tell you something about the redskins.

Honestly, if you were not a fan of the Skins, would you think we could beat anybody?

If we don't start scoring, we certainly won't beat Detroit

If I wasn't a Skin's fan and looked at all our games, I would say yes. Not because the Redskins are a machine of precision, but because they are extremely scrappy and resilient. They are one of those teams that I wouldn't want to play in the playoffs, because I know they will be kicking and scratching to the end.

We need to protect McNabb in the Giants game because they are quarterback killers. Historically, McNabb has had the Giants number. We just have to improve in pass protection.

the giants dont blitz often, they rush 4 on most downs, so all we need to do is get mcnabb to move the pocket and make sure we take their ends out of the equation. im glad we finally have a QB that has taken the giants to the woodshed. we havent beaten the giants since december 2007. that hurts lol.

Am I reading these posts correctly?? Some of you sound just like the media every week, OH! we have no chance against Philly,Texans,Packers,Colts and Chicago there O is this, there D is that! BS we have a good team too and our D can play against anybody and be successful. Has anyone been watching football this year? There are no superior teams this year if you show up on Sundays and play well you can beat anyone, stop looking at schedules and relating last years results with this years teams! HTTR

I don;t think that is the case, I do believe that the Skins have been in a major funk for many years now and it will take time for that stigma to wear off. Even the fans, die hard or not, tend to be a little leery of their chances especially against very good, stable, and proven teams.

I believe every week that we can beat any team out there on any given week. That being said, I am also a realist in knowing the odds of that actually happening.

Archived