Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Steve Young mentions every team that could beat the Giants in the NFC...of course the Skins not one of them

Commander PK

Give the media a taste of their own medicines;

as the Skins improve, and win games against teams like the Giants, Eagles, etc, when it comes time for the media whores to look this way, have the Skins players and coaches give them 1 word answers; give every one of them the cold shoulder, maybe even put them on the spot by asking them "where were they after beating the Packers, Cowboys, Eagles, etc.

And of all networks, NFL Network, with Irvin the cowboy suck ass of all time, who is about as unprofessional as they come, acting a fool in front of the mic.

Why do the players care? When you're a competitor focused on winning, no one else matters. What the "national media," although Young is just one person and not the entire media, thinks is for fans to care about, not players.

BTW - The Giants have owned us lately. Our last win against them was in December 2007. Since 2005 we're 2-8 against them. The Giants swept us in 2009, 2008, and 2006. The last game we won in New York was December 7, 2003. I don't think Young is too off base in saying we can't beat the Giants. We haven't beaten them much lately

Why do the players care? When you're a competitor focused on winning, no one else matters. What the "national media," although Young is just one person and not the entire media, thinks is for fans to care about, not players.

BTW - The Giants have owned us lately. Our last win against them was in December 2007. Since 2005 we're 2-8 against them. The Giants swept us in 2009, 2008, and 2006. The last game we won in New York was December 7, 2003. I don't think Young is too off base in saying we can't beat the Giants. We haven't beaten them much lately

Yeah, I knew the Giants had our number recently, but I didn't realize it was that bad. Oh well, time to turn it around. New era, new regime, new QB, etc..

Steve Young has never said anything good about the Skins. Neither has Mark Schlereth. The Skins could be 7-0 right now and those two would say the Skins suck. We have another 6 weeks until we play the Giants and anything can happen before then. Injuries, team all of a sudden clicking on all cylinders, whatever... That being said, it is too early to respect or disrespect a team unless they are the walking dead "Cowpukes."

Trent Williams has done a spectacular job against alot of great DE's so I am sure this will be another game that goes to the wire, but the Giants are still beatable. :lionsuck:

after this weeks performance of ours... I don't blame them. But to keep stating the Eagles and the Packers, both teams we've beat, and not mention us is retarded.

well lets get past the lions first, before we(skins fans) start measuring for super bowl rings

you could tell last night during the pregame that allt he commentators were taking Dallas...because they have to win and they have all the talent on paper....most of them said if Dallas loses they are done with them for the season....I just think these commentators just sometimes go by what preseason predictions and hype of teams than by looking at the hole picture

Steve Young is a band wagoner hes a wash up QB he liked the cowgrils when the season started now he likes the giants the skins will beat the giants and still bleve that the skins are good screw espn and Steve Young!!!

Young comes off as brash and obnoxious occasionally. Millen is worse because he's the same way only about half as articulate. But Young is clearly a smart guy and could run laps around guys like Aikman or Marino when it comes to the insight he can give in his analysis.

He probably just forgot to mention us. We were terrible last season, it's not that big a surprise. It will take longer for people to remember we're relevant again after two bad seasons.

Let's not exaggerate here. Almost 45% of the teams the Giants have faced this year have made it out of the game with their starting QB still in tact. I'm sure McNabb will be just fine.:)

We've hurt our fair share of players this season too. I like our line better than yours and its held up better against better defenses than yours has. I wouldn't be so sanguine about your chances to out-physical us.

F'em. F'em all. Screw the jackbutts at ESPN. Screw the losers at the NFL Network. The Skins have their weeknesses, but so do every other team, and I for one think that the Redskins are a much better coached and disiplined team.

the only person that even remotely gives us props at ESPN is Schefter..everybody else can suck it. Mosley included!

Steve Young has never said anything good about the Skins. Neither has Mark Schlereth. The Skins could be 7-0 right now and those two would say the Skins suck. We have another 6 weeks until we play the Giants and anything can happen before then. Injuries, team all of a sudden clicking on all cylinders, whatever... That being said, it is too early to respect or disrespect a team unless they are the walking dead "Cowpukes."

Trent Williams has done a spectacular job against alot of great DE's so I am sure this will be another game that goes to the wire, but the Giants are still beatable. :lionsuck:

Wingo never said anything good about the Skins

Schlereth never said anything good either

Darren Woodson

Tom Jackson

Colin Cowherd

Matt Millen

Steve Young

Rich Eisen

Joe Buck

Aikman

Everyone hates the Skins and wants them to fail. :doh:

When you've been a ****ty organization for 18 years, save for a few so so playoff appearances, it souldn't be a surprise when we don't get talked about in a positive light, especially right after you win a laugher against a average to below average Bears team. Thats just the way it is.

Look at it objectively: we have played some pretty crappy ball. If any other team was winning the way we have won, you all would call them frauds. I've seen people saying the Bears are terrible and can be written off and we barely beat them by 3 with a +3 turnover differential.

Wingo never said anything good about the Skins

Schlereth never said anything good either

Darren Woodson

Tom Jackson

Colin Cowherd

Matt Millen

Steve Young

Rich Eisen

Joe Buck

Aikman

Everyone hates the Skins and wants them to fail. :doh:

When you've been a ****ty organization for 18 years, save for a few so so playoff appearances, it souldn't be a surprise when we don't get talked about in a positive light, especially right after you win a laugher against a average to below average Bears team. Thats the way it is.

I agree except for this, the Bears are the NFC north division leaders and the 6th overall ranked Defense! That is not a average or below average team! Why is it that a team is a contender before they play us then after we beat them they suddenly become an average team?

I agree except for this, the Bears are the NFC north division leaders and the 6th overall ranked Defense! That is not a average or below average team! Why is it that a team is a contender before they play us then after we beat them they suddenly become an average team?

The bears shouldn't have ever been in the game. The game should have been over at half time.

All I've said, was not that the Skins are a great team on the verge of a serious playoff run (not at this point, but who knows what the second half will bring), not even that they are better than the Giants.

My point, is when supposedly unbiased and objective announcers talk about the best teams in the NFC, right here, right now, the Redskins should at least be mentioned. The Skins are 4-3.

If Chicago, Green Bay, and the Eagles belong in the conversation for "best" teams in the NFC. Shouldn't we be also since we beat all three of them? Winning ugly is STILL WINNING.

I agree but that says more about our team then Bears!

an objective announcer COULD say something like this "even with the average play of the Redskins, they have still found a way to win games. If they fix some of their weaker areas, they could be in the mix down to the wire."

At least that is something, and would show a measure of respect.

Few things of note.

ESPN likes it when a team breaks away from the pack as a "great team" The Giants have won 4 in a row, so for right now they are the anointed team that is "Great" This league is such a week-to-week league that who knows what both of our teams will look like in six weeks when we finally play them for the first time this season.

Now as far as our matchup vs. The Giants. The Giants have dominated the Redskins for a couple seasons now. They are the one team that for some reason is always about to out-physical our team. The O-line & D-line, literally seem to be manhandled.

Of course, the X-factor in all of this is Donovan McNabb. Not only is he better than Campbell, but because McNabb comes from within the division, he is also very familiar with the Giants. That should be a huge bonus for us going into our matchup. But, the Giants seem to be taking out QBs this season, so I really hope our protection packages have improved in six weeks from now.

Giants are 5-2, Redskins are 4-3, but in Six weeks time, our records could look completely different. The bottomline is, the Redskins need to keep on winning, and not care about what the media says about us or other teams. The media can't erase wins or hand out losses.

The division is still a 3-way race, but I can definitely see the Giants taking it. However, if the Giants have clinched the division by week 17, that's fine for us because we get them at home that week--thus I can't see us not beating them at least once this season.

So if we can split games with them after the bye, as well as split games against Philly/Dallas (trying to not be too optimistic), that puts us at 7-5 (assuming we beat the Lions). Against the Titans, Viks, Bucs, and Jags, we should definitely be able to go 2-2, if not 3-1. That puts us at 9 or 10 wins and should be good for a wild card spot.

Archived